• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I am on the same situation with you. For item 4: i am planning to send last two paychecks + year 2008 w2. I believe/hope this should be enough for proof of income. I am not planning to prepare I-134. I would prepare it only if they ask me to bring it to interview. I will submit my application soon as well (current in december).

I think this is a good idea and I won't hurt. I sent a letter from my employer on a letterhead stating my salary. I too hope that they won't ask me for an I-134 because I don't want to have to ask friends and/or family to sign it.

Good luck

I have a question regarding the USCIS Case Status page. There is a new LUD (Last Update) on my I-485 as of today but the status still is as "Acceptance". The applications for AP and EAD are in the "Initial Review" stage. Is this normal?

I have a question regarding the USCIS Case Status page. There is a new LUD (Last Update) on my I-485 as of today but the status still is as "Acceptance". The applications for AP and EAD are in the "Initial Review" stage. Is this normal?

I have the same thing. Acceptance for I-485 and Initial review for I-765 and I-131. I had my biometrics done so I am guessing I might see some changes soon..... or maybe they just don't update the online thing....
Whatever happens I will keep updating though.

I have the same thing. Acceptance for I-485 and Initial review for I-765 and I-131. I had my biometrics done so I am guessing I might see some changes soon..... or maybe they just don't update the online thing....
Whatever happens I will keep updating though.

Thanks simple man!

Hi i2009,

Please copy it for me.
In my case, they didn't request to birng anything.
They only ask bring the interview appointment letter.
At least i need to bring my passport if they make a decision right away and stamped on my passport, right?
I want to bring whatever I have all, in case the official asks something suddenly and prevent delaying processing.
Thanks a lot.

Hello Hani,

Here is the required documents listed in my NL1:

Birth certificates
Police certificates
Passports
Deportation papers
Court and prison records
Military records
Marriage certificates
Termination of prior marriages
Translations
Evidence of required education or work experience

Then there are instructions for the physical examination, where to obtain the military record, visa photo requirements, and where to obtain the police certificates. All of these instructions, except the visa photo requirements, are specific of my country of chargeability.

Please, check with someone else, who could have had received the interview appointment with the list of required documents, about the police certificates; I understand that the police certificates are not required for AOS. Also, you may want to bring as much supporting documentation as you can for the affidavit of support (in case that you are not bringing the I-134).

Best of luck!

My nightmare with usps

My nightmare began last Saturday morning Oct.31 when I sent my package to Chicago Lock box through USPS. I asked for a guaranteed delivery and the lady at the counter gave me an Express mail envelope to put my AOS package in. I said I needed it at its destination by Monday and she replied “it’ll be there on Monday by 3 pm”. It sounded good to me, so I agreed, paid and left. Not knowing what was going to happen after I left my Precious package in that office.
Later that day, I’m sorry but I am a very anxious person, I wanted to see where my package was. And for my surprise, I couldn’t believe what I was reading, the status of my delivery read: “MISSENT” what?? Mis… what??? What in the world is that? I just said, why mine? Then I kept on reading and it explained it, it read “Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later." I kind of felt a little bit better, but worried at the same time. All Sunday the same message was there and I understood not much work on Sundays for any courier. So on Monday at about 12 noon I checked again and the status changed for this
Class: Express Mail®
Detailed Results:
Arrival at Post Office, November 02, 2009, 9:33 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
Processed through Sort Facility, November 02, 2009, 1:42 am, CHICAGO, IL 60666
Missent, October 31, 2009, 5:55 pm
Acceptance, October 31, 2009, 10:42 am
I said, well it is very close to USCIS Lock box, it may get delivered by 3 as they promised. On Monday evening, when I got home I checked again to see if they finally delivered my package, but for my surprise, the same message was still there. And yesterday morning, the same message again. So I decided to call Customer service and see what they could do for me. That woman just apologized and said there was nothing she could do from where she was, but she said she could give me the phone number from the Post Office in Chicago where my package was and they may help me. I called and explained everything again to this person and she put me on hold many times trying to find that package and finally she asked me for my name and phone number to call me back as soon as she had some information. But she never called back. Last night, I called Customer service again and told my story to the new agent and she said “what I can do for you is to create a Search Notice so in 24 hours you will be contacted about your package”. That was true, I got a call today at about 11:00 am and that person just apologized again and gave me another number to contact Customers Affairs about my package, she said they have to tell me where my package is. So I called Customer Affairs and after waiting for a while, explaining my situation again, and being put on hold many times, she just asked me for my phone number and she said she would call me as soon as she finds out. It’s 7:30pm and I haven’t received any call back. I don’t know what to do, who to call to… I feel helpless…

I had my biometrics done September 30th and still waiting for the interview appointment letter to arrive. I live in Houston, TX. Anyone living here? I am from Turkey!

Wow..!!!

My nightmare began last Saturday morning Oct.31 when I sent my package to Chicago Lock box through USPS. ........ I don’t know what to do, who to call to… I feel helpless…

So sad my friend. I hope everything was just a misunderstanding and your package was delivered.

Hello Yaku,

Sorry to hear about your address issue. Amazing that they commit these kind of mistakes.

I would suggest to take an InfoPass and see if they can take your biometrics during your wife's appointment.

I have heard a lot exactly what you said about calling the USCIS and that they don't give more information than what you can see online.

Good luck

I couldn't find any reference about doing the biometrics without the appointment but I will try.. thanks.!

Thanks a lot

Hi i2009,

Thanks a lot giving me the list of documents.

Hello Hani,

Here is the required documents listed in my NL1:

Birth certificates
Police certificates
Passports
Deportation papers
Court and prison records
Military records
Marriage certificates
Termination of prior marriages
Translations
Evidence of required education or work experience

Then there are instructions for the physical examination, where to obtain the military record, visa photo requirements, and where to obtain the police certificates. All of these instructions, except the visa photo requirements, are specific of my country of chargeability.

Please, check with someone else, who could have had received the interview appointment with the list of required documents, about the police certificates; I understand that the police certificates are not required for AOS. Also, you may want to bring as much supporting documentation as you can for the affidavit of support (in case that you are not bringing the I-134).

Best of luck!

I had my biometrics done September 30th and still waiting for the interview appointment letter to arrive. I live in Houston, TX. Anyone living here? I am from Turkey!

September 30th??? That must be a typo. When did you get your biometrics letter?

Boston....:(

I am so sad...because my interview is not yet comiinnngg ..... i will do my biometrics tomorrow and i will call uscis after that! :(

Hello linda,

Good luck today with your biometrics appointment. I hope that you will be receiving your interview appointment soon!

I couldn't find any reference about doing the biometrics without the appointment but I will try.. thanks.!

Hello Yaku,

I think they call it walk-in biometrics (when you go without an appointment).

Good luck

My nightmare began last Saturday morning Oct.31 when I sent my package to Chicago Lock box through USPS.

Hello VZLA,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with your package. Something similar happened to me when I mailed an Advance Parole application to the Texas Service Center last August using USPS Express Mail except the part that the mail was misrouted though. I didn't call USPS but the mail was delivered 3 days after its arrival to the post office.

I hope that your package arrives soon. Keep us posted!

Good luck

I have my fingerprints appointment tomorrow and my friend told me that i need to have pictures with me tomorrow ...is that true?

thank youuu!

Good morning Linda

First good luck with your appointment today............
When did you sent your package to chicago ? to get your finger appointment for today ?

My sister live in Boston too so i just wonder how fast they process it in Boston ?

Good morning Linda

First good luck with your appointment today............
When did you sent your package to chicago ? to get your finger appointment for today ?

My sister live in Boston too so i just wonder how fast they process it in Boston ?

Wow, I just saw your signature....so are you in the process of being deported and you won the DV lottery?

Boston....:(

I am so sad...because my interview is not yet comiinnngg ..... i will do my biometrics tomorrow and i will call uscis after that! :(

Hi Linda,

I feel you. We are going for our Biometrics tomorrow and we haven't received the Interview letter yet. We are so anxious! I was never a fan of checking the mailbox but for the past 2 weeks, I go there everyday, lol. It's crazy.

Let's be patient.hope our letters are on the way!

Good Luck tomorrow!

Our status page hasn't changed since October 19th, that's when the checks were cashed! and it's still on Acceptance and Initial review just like simpleman's. I've never received any updates either since I signed up! So I guess we shouldn't really rely on that!

HI DAIMA and SIMPLEMAN, I have my biometrics on the 10th, do you think we might have our interviews in November or early Dec.?

I am among the first ones but Hani19 has interview appointment for the 17th this month. Hani19 also received multiple biometrics appointment letters it seems. Hope all goes well.

I am excited. People current in November must be excited too. They should start receiving their NOA's in weeks to follow.