• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I have said it before...due to the state the economy is in right now and unemployment is rising every month (people who just lost their benefits but still are out of a job aren't even incl.) the USCIS needs to be more careful who they let into the country to make sure not more people will need to apply for benefits.

I have no where read that it isn't required, neither that it is required, it is up to the USCIS to ask for proof that they think they need to ask for to proof to them that a person will be able to support them self.

If you have proof of savings and would have brought it, they wouldn't have asked, neither if they thought the job you have in your country would be a job you can easily get over here...so they want some one to sign who they might get back to in case you become liability.

If you have a person who is willing to sign for you (or have proof you will be hired when you get your GC), you won't have an issue...:)

Hi everyone,

I asked about the Affidavit of Support in several of my numerous calls to the help deck. Bentlebee is right; it is up to the officer to decide whether you need to show some financial support. You can sponsor yourself, if you have a good job or have somebody else sponsor your household. The income threshold varies in each case.
I did not include I- 864 or I-131 in my packet, so from what I see I will be getting “request for evidence” too. I and my wife have been working using the OPTs , so I hope check stubs are going to be sufficient enough!!

i2009, I have also heart that the affidavit of supports are requested to be brought at the interview. I believe Lucky2010 and simple man saying that they need to have theirs at the interview.

Congrats to all of you with the fast moving process.

I had a jpeg file and it is only 1.74 MB, but while trying to upload it says invalid file.

These are the limits:

Picture Limits
Pictures Remaining 60
Maximum File Size per Picture 97.7 KB
Maximum Picture Dimensions 600 by 600 Pixels

I just tried with 8.5KB size file and it says invalid file.

Hi everyone,

I asked about the Affidavit of Support in several of my numerous calls to the help deck. Bentlebee is right; it is up to the officer to decide whether you need to show some financial support. You can sponsor yourself, if you have a good job or have somebody else sponsor your household. The income threshold varies in each case.
I did not include I- 864 or I-131 in my packet, so from what I see I will be getting “request for evidence” too. I and my wife have been working using the OPTs , so I hope check stubs are going to be sufficient enough!!

i2009, I have also heart that the affidavit of supports are requested to be brought at the interview. I believe Lucky2010 and simple man saying that they need to have theirs at the interview.

Congrats to all of you with the fast moving process.

Hello Marley,

I think that almost always the officer requests for the affidavit of support. It is not something new as I can read from previous years posts.

I included my 2008 Tax Statement and an employment letter just in case but I am pretty sure that the officer will require that I bring an affidavit of support for my interview.

I didn't want to spend much time preparing an I-864 or an I-134 to include in my AOS package because it is not required and I don't know which one the Officer will ask me to bring to the interview.

Good luck

If you have savings or other proof of money/assetts you don't need the form...if you have no proof you might better take the fileld out form or be prepared to come back...
If you have no proof or sponsor form and your English is bad....be prepared to have an even more difficult case..

"As of last month, the “gap”

between the national unemployment rate and that of

teenagers was 16%; that is, with the national

unemployment rate approaching 10%, for teenagers it

was nearly 26%! Earlier this year’ the “gap” was “only”

just a bit more than 12%; now it is out to 16% and it is

rising.

Worse, for black teenagers the “gap” has grown to a

stunning 40%; that is, as of September, the “black,

teenage” unemployment rate is a shocking 50.4%,

rising from just over an already unsatisfactory 39% just

before the new minimum wage was put into effect. One

of two black teenagers who are looking for work cannot

find it, and that does not take into effect the fact that a

large number have simply given up looking. When the

unemployment rate amongst your friends is 50%, what

incentive is there for you to look for work? Little, if any,

we fear."

This from todays Gartman letter....and the government knows that unemployment is huge and knows that already with this large unemployment numbers they have to be more carefull who they let in and who not....

If all your papers proof you can take care of your self or have some one sponsoring you, you won't have an issue, but if not...be prepared, they don't send out 100.000 NL for nothing, they will pick the people with proof and than go from there to the best candidates....on top of that they don't have to let 50.000 people in with a DV GC...

Wanted to double check one thing for those of you who received their NOA, biometrics and or interview notice.
So, we finally have the alien registration number isn't it? It is there in the I-485 NOA, the biometrics appointment and also in the final interview notice.
It's the one starting with an AXXXXXXXXX.
The I-864 asks for the Alien no so I think since we have this one now we muct mention it.

Wanted to double check one thing for those of you who received their NOA, biometrics and or interview notice.
So, we finally have the alien registration number isn't it? It is there in the I-485 NOA, the biometrics appointment and also in the final interview notice.
It's the one starting with an AXXXXXXXXX.
The I-864 asks for the Alien no so I think since we have this one now we muct mention it.

Hello simple man,

You are right, the Alien Number is that number that appears in the I-797C NOA. It's format is A999 999 999.

Good luck with your I-864!

Update: Interview appointment received today, for 12/10. :D
I'm still waiting for my biometrics appt notice :(:confused:. If I don't receive it till the end of this week, will have an InfoPass to explain that probably it was lost (initially address was incorrect for I-485 case) and will ask to take biometrics together with my wife.

I'm still waiting for my biometrics appt notice :(:confused:. If I don't receive it till the end of this week, will have an InfoPass to explain that probably it was lost (initially address was incorrect for I-485 case) and will ask to take biometrics together with my wife.

Good Luck!!!

I don't know why my interview is not coming :(:(

Congratulations AgentSmith. I hope you receive your biometrics appt soon. If you have your infopass you should ask them what is the address they entered in your case. Maybe it is not updated.

Good luck!

i 485 package

Hi all,

First of all , Good Luck to everyone!!!

I sent my i485 package yesterday. I was just wondering if i had to include the first page of the notification ( the that says congrats you won the diversity visa) as well. I just included the barcode page. Does it matter???
And also i have included only the copy of my college diploma not the transcript.
My highschool diploma and the transcript are included. Do you think that not adding the college transcript would matter ?
AAAAnnnd :) is there any other way of checking the status of the money order other than going to usps and filling out a form???

Thank you.

Hi all.

I am getting nerveous.
My NOA is issued on 10/14 but I haven't received biometrics and interview letter yet.
I am thinking it is delay because I live far west. Please please, let us know where is your local area.

Lucky2010, I just made my account to check case update. Last updated is 10/15/2009.
My NOA was issued at 10/14/2009. How did you expect that you knew you will get biometric letter? Is last updated changed?
I am getting worried my case. Please let me know how many time it was changed. Thanks,

Congratulations AgentSmith. I hope you receive your biometrics appt soon. If you have your infopass you should ask them what is the address they entered in your case. Maybe it is not updated.

Good luck!

Thanks i2009!
My address should be updated as far as we received official letters where USCIS inform us that they received our requests to fix this error. But your right: USCIS is very unpredictable and it make sence to check out again.
Wife's biometrics appointment was sent on the same date when I called USCIS (most likely, before my call), and it still has incorrect address.
Interview appointments have correct addresses.

Good luck with your case!