• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Check Not cashed yet

Among those of you who have already filed their AOS applications (current in October), has any of you checked to see if the money has been withdrawn from their account? It's been 12 days and my balance is not changed. I do not expect to get the any notifications by mail before my check is cashed.

We are checking our bank account every day (several times a day). The checks have not been cashed yet. I am slightly worried. I see some people already getting their NOA.

------------------------
CN: 2010EU000012xxx
05/25/2009: Received my first NL dated 05/12/2009
06/25/2009: Mailed $375x2 (for me and my spouse) to the US Department of State.
08/07/2009: Received 2nd notification letter from KCC.
10/03/2009: Mailed the AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox.
10/05/2009: Chicago Lockbox receives my AOS packet.

We are checking our bank account every day (several times a day). The checks have not been cashed yet. I am slightly worried. I see some people already getting their NOA.
There are couple of us here that have the same concern. I think we should give it a few more days. I do not think this happened last year. They are sually quick with cashing checks.

------------------------

Hello Marley,

Could it be that your case is current in December? Anyway, the Chicago Lockbox receives many applications (not only DV AOS applications) and they may take some time to open all the envelopes.

Good luck!

My check was cashed yesterday (10/13). Package was delivered to USCIS on 10/2 afternoon. Case # is current (October).

You have to remember they aren't working in the weekend and on Monday it was Columbus Day in the US which means, all the banks were closed and the government employees were having a day off.

You have to remember they aren't working in the weekend and on Monday it was Columbus Day in the US which means, all the banks were closed and the government employees were having a day off.

Columbus Day in the US??? I thought Columbus Day was International.

is it possible to switch from cp to AOS? I have heard of people switching from AOS to cp but not the other way around which takes about 4-5months for the case to be processed. How long would it take to switch from cp to AOS?

Patience grasshopper...

My Checks have been Cashed today. Just wait.... Took 14 days for me.
My package was received 10/01 and just today checks have been cleared, but no NOA yet. Maybe later today or tomorrow....

------------------------

I don't think that u are suppossed to send the docs in october because ur number is not yet current on the vbulletin.. 12...-... You are not supposed to file to chicago until ur number comes up to vbulletin. You are going to get your docs back from chicago with a "REJECTED".

Anyway Good Luck!

I-765 (work permit) petition rejected

Bad news yesterday, I received my package AOS sent back to me and the rejection mentioned in the notice is related to the I-765 petition that I joint with the AOS package. If i go on the site , it is said "the document I-765 is improperly file...", but on the I-797C notice (paper), it is said the petition I765 is sent to the wrong address. I don't understand ?? I sent the package to the same address which is : USCIS , P.O Box 805887 Chicago,IL, 60680-4120
I dont know what it is wrong
Anyone has an explanation ?

Bad news yesterday, I received my package AOS sent back to me and the rejection mentioned in the notice is related to the I-765 petition that I joint with the AOS package. If i go on the site , it is said "the document I-765 is improperly file...", but on the I-797C notice (paper), it is said the petition I765 is sent to the wrong address. I don't understand ?? I sent the package to the same address which is : USCIS , P.O Box 805887 Chicago,IL, 60680-4120

Mhh, that's strange. I just read the filing instructions and it clearly says if you are filing along with I-485 to the Chicago lockbox then you use that same address, so I really don't know. Have you checked the form itself to see if there's anything wrong with it??

So do you mean they rejected the whole AOS package or just the I-765? can you pls clarify?

So sorry to hear about that, I hope you figure out what's wrong soon. I also filed mine the same way, so I'm gonna wait and see.

It doesn't make sense, did you use USPS to send your package?

Odd! Had they cashed your check? What is this website that you checked your status?

happy2010, What eligibility category did you put on your I-765 application for question 16? For AOS applications it's supposed to be c9.

I have no clue, but was thinking if it might have to do with your visa status right now...maybe you should sent it again without the form and take the form to the interview, as I just read, you than have to fill out another form...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Btw...was the enveloppe opened and just returned to sender or they they look into your papers and than rejected it?

Can you confirm than you answered Q16 in I-765 as (c)(9)?

I have no clue, but was thinking if it might have to do with your visa status right now...maybe you should sent it again without the form and take the form to the interview, as I just read, you than have to fill out another form...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Btw...was the enveloppe opened and just returned to sender or they they look into your papers and than rejected it?

What, am I missing something? How is happy2010 going to know if they looked into his papers? Why would they reject his package if they didn't look at it?

The I-765 is requested because of the AOS, nothing to do with his current visa status.

The I-765 could take 1 to 3 months (check the USCIS processing times). What sense does it make to fill up a new form during the interview when it is clear that he will receive the GC before the EAD?

Can you confirm than you answered Q16 in I-765 as (c)(9)?

Hello AgentSmith,

I think that you are right, if the answer to question 16 is wrong then the address is different than the Chicago Lockbox.

I hope that it is something simple like that so happy2010 can refile soon and continue his processing.

What, am I missing something? How is happy2010 going to know if they looked into his papers? Why would they reject his package if they didn't look at it?

The I-765 is requested because of the AOS, nothing to do with his current visa status.

The I-765 could take 1 to 3 months (check the USCIS processing times). What sense does it make to fill up a new form during the interview when it is clear that he will receive the GC before the EAD?

I concur i2009. I think bentlebee fell out of bed and hit his head this morning. No love lost bentlebee....just think before you type next time :)