• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello Everyone!

I have a question... as you can see in my signature, I received the letter receipt from DOS regarding the payment, but I haven't received anything back from KCC yet, regarding my AOS. Are we supposed to received something back from KCC? (apparently, yes) Should I be worried, or it usually takes 1+ months after sending the DS-122 to KCC with the Barcode to receive another letter from them?

Thank you for you help. I'm just starting the process but so far this forum has been extremely helpful!

Hey Lematt,
It is exactly like that. It takes about a month + to get the Acknowledgment letter of AOS from KCC. You can see it in almost everybody's signatures. So, keep on waiting, it's getting closer to your mailbox.

Thanks Yaku for the info. I was not sure what address to use, but I guess I'll use the same you used. You know, at the beginning I didn't know what to do with the translations, whether to hire somebody or not. That's why I asked you, to see what you had done. Because I read in other threads and in the Book called "U.S Immigration made easy" that there is no harm in doing your own translation (I hope so) as long as it has a signed "translation certification" attached to it. So that is exactly what I did. I translated all my documents. Now, I'm gonna take them to a friend who knows both languages to get them signed and save some bucks....Thank you anyway... I'll let you know if they go through
I'm in Virginia Beach, Where are you?

Nice place..!! I'm in Miami.

After you send the AOS to USCIS what is my status

Hello everyone
Please i need your advice
my wife is a DV 2010 winner AF 17xxx in F2
I’m in F1 and i will finish my Master degree next May 2010
i think her number will be current next April or before
My question is
After we send AOS package to USCIS what will be our status F1/F2 or AOS
i will finish school in June and by the time of interview it will be maybe in the 2 month grace period after i finish school is this OK
Please i need you advice
Thanks

My question is
After we send AOS package to USCIS what will be our status F1/F2 or AOS ?...........

Legally, you will be on AoS footing.
Practically, it is a gray area !!.....rule of thumb is 'Maintain your F1/F2 status till the end of AoS process'

If you use your AoS based EAD or AP, you automatically loose your F1/F2.

Check the following 2 forms from 2 schools that advise students on this issue in general.

http://internationalservices.rutger...lose_SEVIS_Record_based_on_PR_Application.pdf

http://oregonstate.edu/international/atosu/sites/default/files/PendingPRForm.pdf

help how rigorous does DOS check the status of your j1 visa

Im not sure if this is in the relevant area as my question goes over a few different subjects so im hoping somone can help me

my story
i came to the states on a j1 visa to do design at a small firm September 2008 in January due to the downturn my small firm couldn't survive so i was let go obviously making me out of status, but my boss was willing to say i was still working there on my half term so that in essence i kept my status and stay without trouble .
due to the fact that finding work was hard as hell I decided to leave which was fine, until i got a letter from KCC in june saying i had won the 2010 DV Lottery so i decided it was worth staying and simply do a AOS my J1 visa to a green card, however it just dawned on me A. How do they know if you are out of status i mean officially my boss would say i was working there how can they prove i wasn't and what lenghs do they go to to see your status is current, because if it is just a simple case of looking me up on the system i am fine but do they call the place of work etc.
Please any help would be great as i am just about to send the money into the state department to pay for AOS.
also do they check your bank account as i have obviously been payed on various jobs but undeclared of course
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

Hello everyone
Please i need your advice
my wife is a DV 2010 winner AF 17xxx in F2
I’m in F1 and i will finish my Master degree next May 2010
i think her number will be current next April or before
My question is
After we send AOS package to USCIS what will be our status F1/F2 or AOS
i will finish school in June and by the time of interview it will be maybe in the 2 month grace period after i finish school is this OK
Please i need you advice
Thanks

Try to delay your graduation date until AOS is over so you avoid gray areas or any complications. There are several ways of doing that, not filing for graduation until you & ur wife gets your green cards and simply keep taking extra classes.

My husband is a winner of 2010DV lottery and we are hoping to send the forms to KCC soon. I have read in this forum, that winners who intend to do AOS need to send only the DSP-122 and barcode to the KCC. (and there is no need to send DS-230). But in DSP-122, there is no place to include any details about dependents, but only the details of the winner.
When there are dependents, would there be any problem if we send only DSP-122 and barcode to KCC? (Dependents were already listed on the DV lottery application form)

Hello chooti,

There has been some discussions about submitting the DS-230 to the KCC when you are doing AOS. I have read some cases where they had some issues because they didn't submit it. Some others say that sending the DS-230 may confuse KCC...

In my case, I submitted both the DS-230 and DSP-122 and stated that I chose for AOS. I received a second letter from KCC saying that my case will be proceed as AOS and that they terminated with my case.

Anyway, KCC will submit your case (with the dependent information obviously) to the USCIS if you decide for AOS.

Thank you NUVF
any way next Spring 2010 will be my last semester and i should graduate in May 2010
So i have no problem until May 7 2010 after i will be in the grace perioed (2 month) UNTIL jULY 07 2010
so you advise me to Keep F1/F2 status and don't apply for EAD or Ap

another questions if we have the interveiw by the end of July 2010
Do you think we will have any problem beacuse after the end of the grace period i should go back home.

Thanks

Thank you small
Are you F1 or F2 situation
my I-20 should be expierd on Aujust 31 2010 and my study should be done be May 7 2010.
Unfortunatlly i have unexperinced international student advisor in my school and she don't know a lot of things.

if i didn't apply for graduation on May and take 1 or 2 extyra courses in summer do you think this will work
Do i have the right to do this (as lons as my I-20 didn't expierd yet)
Thanks

Thank you small
Are you F1 or F2 situation
my I-20 should be expierd on Aujust 31 2010 and my study should be done be May 7 2010.
Unfortunatlly i have unexperinced international student advisor in my school and she don't know a lot of things.

if i didn't apply for graduation on May and take 1 or 2 extyra courses in summer do you think this will work
Do i have the right to do this (as lons as my I-20 didn't expierd yet)
Thanks

I am not the actual lottery winner my friend is. He is an F-1 student also graduating in May 2010 with his masters but he chose to do CP in Nigeria instead because of his high case number. If your 1-20 is expiring in August 31 2010, taking 1 or 2 classes over the summer would be fine. if your AOS process is not completed by August 31 2010, you can either try to extend your I-20 before the expiration date (Ask your international advisor about this since you already applied for an immigrant visa) or apply for OPT. Hopefully the whole process is completed before August 31st. The rate at which the visa bulletin is moving so fast this year you might be current before April depending on what part of Africa you are from.

Thank you again Small
I’m from Egypt and as you said the visa number maybe current in April or maybe March 2010.
One more thing i would like to mentioned it
last week i sent 2/375 for DV fees and a week after they sent me the form not stamped with just a 4 digit number on the top right corner. i don't know if they just forget to stamp it or their is something wrong any way i wrote a letter to them and send it back again to them and I’m waiting for their reply.
One last question
When could i say that I’m on the safe side after a successful interview?
Thank you again for your help

Hey Lematt,
It is exactly like that. It takes about a month + to get the Acknowledgment letter of AOS from KCC. You can see it in almost everybody's signatures. So, keep on waiting, it's getting closer to your mailbox.

I got it today! I was expecting to receive it in the US but I got it in France. There's one sentence that I don't really understand in that letter:

You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status.

Is that that part where I sent the DV fee and the copy of the barcode sheet? Or is there an extra step I haven't done?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best,

Congratulations

CONGRATS To All Current October DV APPLICANTS

THNXs A million times over, U are all supportive, knowledgeable, and progressive successful individuals.
Blessings,
I'll Post when I get my receipts of notice (I-797?)

LUV U ALL!!!

Hi i2009

Hello chooti,

There has been some discussions about submitting the DS-230 to the KCC when you are doing AOS. I have read some cases where they had some issues because they didn't submit it. Some others say that sending the DS-230 may confuse KCC...

In my case, I submitted both the DS-230 and DSP-122 and stated that I chose for AOS. I received a second letter from KCC saying that my case will be proceed as AOS and that they terminated with my case.

Anyway, KCC will submit your case (with the dependent information obviously) to the USCIS if you decide for AOS.

Thanks for the information. My husband has been a graduate student in USA for the past 6 years (now as well) and he has been funded by a Research Assistantship throughout this period. In the DSP-122, in 7th question it asks about work experience for the past 5 years. As he hasn't worked as a full time employee, and only as a student research assistant, do we have to click "No" and leave the rest of the question blank?

Thanks for the information. My husband has been a graduate student in USA for the past 6 years (now as well) and he has been funded by a Research Assistantship throughout this period. In the DSP-122, in 7th question it asks about work experience for the past 5 years. As he hasn't worked as a full time employee, and only as a student research assistant, do we have to click "No" and leave the rest of the question blank?

Hello chooti,

I'm giving you my opinion on this but maybe someone else has another point of view or experience regarding the listing of a part-time job in the DSP-122.

The questions 6 and 7, in the DSP-122, seem to point to whether the applicant meets either the education or work experience. If your husband's work is a formal job and there is no reason to hide it, I would answer yes and enter all the information they require. Also, if he answers YES, he will need to enter the Occupation and Job Duties in 7.b so he can make it clear that it is a part-time job.

Information about current occupation and current and past employers will be asked in the Form G-325A that you need to provide along with the I-485.

One rule is that everything has to match, it will be bad if they see that information provided in one form does not match another.

Also, I am pretty sure that the Adjudicator Officer will ask your husband about his current occupation at the time of the interview.

I got it today! I was expecting to receive it in the US but I got it in France. There's one sentence that I don't really understand in that letter:

Is that that part where I sent the DV fee and the copy of the barcode sheet? Or is there an extra step I haven't done?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best,

No, you haven't skipped any step... you are fine.. Your next step is to gather all the required supporting documents and be ready to file when your case is current. But you have to file ONLY at USCIS Chicago Lockbox, NOT at your local office.
DV Winners applying for AOS (I-485) must file at one of the following addresses

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For courier/express delivery:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

I hope it answers your question.

No, you haven't skipped any step... you are fine.. Your next step is to gather all the required supporting documents and be ready to file when your case is current. But you have to file ONLY at USCIS Chicago Lockbox, NOT at your local office.
DV Winners applying for AOS (I-485) must file at one of the following addresses

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For courier/express delivery:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

I hope it answers your question.

Got it, thanks a lot! :)
I will let you guys know of the next step then!

Hi every1,

I see the November Bulletin is out, all the best to all. Just wanted to update our status. We have decided to send in our AOS package, we are current in November.

Hi i2009

Hello chooti,

I'm giving you my opinion on this but maybe someone else has another point of view or experience regarding the listing of a part-time job in the DSP-122.

The questions 6 and 7, in the DSP-122, seem to point to whether the applicant meets either the education or work experience. If your husband's work is a formal job and there is no reason to hide it, I would answer yes and enter all the information they require. Also, if he answers YES, he will need to enter the Occupation and Job Duties in 7.b so he can make it clear that it is a part-time job.

Information about current occupation and current and past employers will be asked in the Form G-325A that you need to provide along with the I-485.

One rule is that everything has to match, it will be bad if they see that information provided in one form does not match another.

Also, I am pretty sure that the Adjudicator Officer will ask your husband about his current occupation at the time of the interview.

Thanks for the information.

Hi everyone.

I am the dv lottery winner for 2010 and my attorney told me that i only need to file my files in chicago for AOS. I did not send any forms to kentucky i just sent all the package to chicago because my number is current in visabulletin.... Now that im reading in this forum i am really confused. Will i be denied for not sending forms to kentucky ? pleaseeee help me!