• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi everyone.

I am the dv lottery winner for 2010 and my attorney told me that i only need to file my files in chicago for AOS. I did not send any forms to kentucky i just sent all the package to chicago because my number is current in visabulletin.... Now that im reading in this forum i am really confused. Will i be denied for not sending forms to kentucky ? pleaseeee help me!

-------------------
Hi Linda,

Did you send your DSP 230 and 122 to KCC? You are supposed to send this forms to KCC because they need to know whether your intention is doing CP or AOS. I think you should send these forms to KCC before you file your I-485. It seems lawyers are less educated. This blog has better and accurate information for the people like us than lawyers where you pay them for giving you wrong information.
I am sure others in this blog will add in too. Good luck. Please post your CN.

Hi everyone.

I am the dv lottery winner for 2010 and my attorney told me that i only need to file my files in chicago for AOS. I did not send any forms to kentucky i just sent all the package to chicago because my number is current in visabulletin.... Now that im reading in this forum i am really confused. Will i be denied for not sending forms to kentucky ? pleaseeee help me!

When it come down to final USCIS i-485 assessment, your file will be incomplte without the DV file sent to USCIS from KCC. Your KCC file is incomplete without the DS122 and payment of $375, that is how the vicious cycle works!!

You are not late or anything. Do not get so alarmed or confused. Just follow the instructions sent to you by KCC and send them the DS122 now, and $375 to the address indicated in your DV winner NL package.

You do not have to send DS230, since you are doing AoS in US, not CP in home country.

and....so much for the money spent for a lawyer ha?

When it come down to final USCIS i-485 assessment, your file will be incomplte without the DV file sent to USCIS from KCC. Your KCC file is incomplete without the DS122 and payment of $375, that is how the vicious cycle works!!

You are not late or anything. Do not get so alarmed or confused. Just follow the instructions sent to you by KCC and send them the DS122 now, and $375 to the address indicated in your DV winner NL package.

You do not have to send DS230, since you are doing AoS in US, not CP in home country.

and....so much for the money spent for a lawyer ha?

Yeah i just filed the DS122 to Kentucky today with Fedex but I don't know where to send the money. My lawyer sent 1010 $ to Chicago for AOS and she filled the Adjusment of Status Fee Payment which is on the dv lottery papers... now do i have to send the 375 $ again to the same adress and with the second copy of the paper Adjusment of Status Fee Payment.

Yeah i just filed the DS122 to Kentucky today with Fedex but I don't know where to send the money. My lawyer sent 1010 $ to Chicago for AOS and she filled the Adjusment of Status Fee Payment which is on the dv lottery papers... now do i have to send the 375 $ again to the same adress and with the second copy of the paper Adjusment of Status Fee Payment.

Linda,

I think you need to penalize that lawyer for giving stupid suggestion. First you were supposed to send your both DS forms to KCC with $375 ( I guess only if you are doing AOS) and then AOS send you the receipt of payment (just a stamped on the same doc you send) and sends NL2 saying that your case is transferred to USCIS. And when your CN is available then only you file your I-485 to Chicago lockbox. BTW, you did not post your Case Number.It will be easier to suggest when people get your CN.
Hope it helps.

Is any deadline for DSP122 sending. I sent all the files (DSP122+BARCODE) today to Kentucky but I am wondering if they are going to accept them or not. I also sent the money to DOS.

Thank you very very very much for your help!

Linda

Is any deadline for DSP122 sending. I sent all the files (DSP122+BARCODE) today to Kentucky but I am wondering if they are going to accept them or not. I also sent the money to DOS.

Thank you very very very much for your help!

Linda

Hello linda555,

The sooner the better. The payment needs to be done in order for KCC to submit your papers to the USCIS. You don't need the receipt at the time you submit your I-485. You will be OK!

You may need to consider to read the forum for the 2008 and 2009 DV AOS Only. Don't trust much in attorneys for DV cases. I have an Employment-base AOS process that was filed by my immigration attorney, I asked them to represent me for the DV case but they were honest and said that they don't know much about DV cases so that they can't represent me. There are only about 1,400 AOS cases each year out of the 42K cases so they don't see much cases. I found that this forum is a great way to learn what to do and what to expend.

Good luck

Among those of you who have already filed their AOS applications (current in October), has any of you checked to see if the money has been withdrawn from their account? It's been 12 days and my balance is not changed. I do not expect to get the any notifications by mail before my check is cashed.

Among those of you who have already filed their AOS applications (current in October), has any of you checked to see if the money has been withdrawn from their account? It's been 12 days and my balance is not changed. I do not expect to get the any notifications by mail before my check is cashed.

Haven't seen any updates so far, so let's wait and see.

I'm current in November and I just sent my applicalition last Thursday and it was delivered on Friday, so it's gonna be a while till things start happening. But will post any progress.

So October Filers. please don't forget to update any progress.

my check has been cashed

i send my package to Chicago Lockbox on Oct 1st.
Last Friday, the check has been cashed by USCIS
I believe i will receive NOA in a week.
but i expect my interview is gonna take at least six months
since NY office has too many cases which are pending

Still checking every day and nothing...... :(

I had to check with my bank for I had sent a cashier's check. The amount has been withdrawn.

Notice of Action anyone?

Anyone whose case no was current in October received their Notice of Action yet? My check has not been cashed yet but I received my Notice of Action today.

CN: 2010AS00004xxx
05/11/2009: Received my first NL dated 05/05/2009
06/23/2009: Mailed DSP122 and DS 230.
07/09/2009: Called KCC. Confirmed they received my forms on 07/06/2009.
07/25/2009: Mailed $375x2 (for me and my spouse) to the US Department of State.
08/07/2009: Received 2nd notification letter from KCC.
10/01/2009: Mailed the AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox.
10/04/2009: Chicago Lockbox receives my AOS packet.
10/13/2009: Received my Notice of Action from USCIS.

Haven't seen any updates so far, so let's wait and see.

I'm current in November and I just sent my applicalition last Thursday and it was delivered on Friday, so it's gonna be a while till things start happening. But will post any progress.

So October Filers. please don't forget to update any progress.
-----------
Hi everybody !
My number is current in October.Package sent on oct/1, and NOA received today.
Wait for the next step...good luck to everyone !

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know you could only pay the $375.- by money order or bankiers check...the $1010.- you can send by personal check...so if I'm correct, that could be the issue.