• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Folks, who received NoAs I-797C already.

Do you have 3 receipts for each person: for I-485, I-131 and I-765? My wife and I got only 4 instead of 6: for I-485 and I-131, but NO receipts for I-765. Should they come later?!
UPDATE: Problem solved. Just found these two more letters with receipts among junk mail :D:D.

Also did anybody try to check the status on USCIS web site? (egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp)
I was trying to enter my Receipt Numbers but was notified that such cases don't exist ?!?!

Folks, who received NoAs I-797C already.

Do you have 3 receipts for each person: for I-485, I-131 and I-765? My wife and I got only 4 instead of 6: for I-485 and I-131, but NO receipts for I-765. Should they come later?!

Also did anybody try to check the status on USCIS web site? (egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp)
I was trying to enter my Receipt Numbers but was notified that such cases don't exist ?!?!

I think they gonna come later. Don't worry!
Best of luck and Congratulations.
I wish that mine comes too :(!

I think they gonna come later. Don't worry!
Best of luck and Congratulations.
I wish that mine comes too :(!
Thanks Linda! I'm sure yours will come soon too.
Just found these two additional letters with receipts among junk mail :D:D. Problem solved. :)
Good luck!

Hello everyone
I’m preparing my wife AOS package now
My wife is the Winner she is in F2 status case # AF 17xxx maybe current in March or April 2010.
When she files for I-485 i will be included in her I-485 as a spouse?
Do i have to file a separate I-485 for me or it's just one application for both of us?

My second questions
She only has her I-20 and I-94 to prove her status
I’m the one who studying and I’m the one who can get a letter form the College that I’m a student at this college.
Do i need to get a letter for her from the college that she is my wife or the I-20 is enough?
Do we need a sponsor in our case ?

Thanks

All the best, Happy2010. Will be looking for your update after you resend the application. My Application is almost similar to yours, now I'm nervous....we'll see what happens..I sent it last week...of course I'll update the forum.

Hello Daima

Frist i wish you good luck ,My sister number is close to you ........you do not think you sent it little earily ? Three weeks before your number is current

good luck to you all

Hello everyone
I’m preparing my wife AOS package now
My wife is the Winner she is in F2 status case # AF 17xxx maybe current in March or April 2010.
When she files for I-485 i will be included in her I-485 as a spouse?
Do i have to file a separate I-485 for me or it's just one application for both of us?

My second questions
She only has her I-20 and I-94 to prove her status
I’m the one who studying and I’m the one who can get a letter form the College that I’m a student at this college.
Do i need to get a letter for her from the college that she is my wife or the I-20 is enough?
Do we need a sponsor in our case ?

Thanks

Hello houselight75,

You need to submit a separate Form I-485 for each of you. In her form, she needs to select option "a" (some DV winners also choose "h") under "Application Type". In your I-485 you need to select "b".

Both of you need to prove that you were not out of status providing copies of your visas and I-94s. You will need to submit a copy of your marriage certificate.

Good luck!

Thank you i2009
one more question
i'm not working in US i'm only a gradute student do we need a US sponsor ?

Thanks

Hello houselight75,

I am sorry but I am not certain of how to answer your question. I understand that the affidavit of support is not required for the AOS application when filing under the DV program but I know that the Adjudicator Officers usually require the affidavit of support (either Form I-134 or I-864) in the appointment notice for the interview.

It would be great if another person in in your position could answer this question.

Good luck!

Hello Daima

Frist i wish you good luck ,My sister number is close to you ........you do not think you sent it little earily ? Three weeks before your number is current

good luck to you all

Thanks, yes I sent it early, but the November Bulletin was out already, so I thought it wouldn't hurt. Anyway, we are waiting to see what's gonna happen.

Hello houselight75,

You need to submit a separate Form I-485 for each of you. In her form, she needs to select option "a" (some DV winners also choose "h") under "Application Type". In your I-485 you need to select "b".

Both of you need to prove that you were not out of status providing copies of your visas and I-94s. You will need to submit a copy of your marriage certificate.

Good luck!

Hi houselight75 and other members of forum:

First of all, good luck to all winners. I am sure we all will do great as we have such a great forum. I am still trying to verify what we need to put for the "part 2 section". I am also in the same situation like other. My wife is winner of DV. So, does the primary winner needs to pick the option "a" or "h" and spouse "b"? I realized we need to be consistent with USCIS because they can turn you down for even small mistake. I will appreciate if anyone can input in picking "a" option vs. "h".

Another question in part 3: Were you inspected by immigration officer? What does it mean? It sound stupid question. I assume we all had to go through immigration officer. Please shed some light over this question.

What other forms we need to fill? I know i485, i135/i864 and medical. I thought there is one form for travel and other for work permit...what are those? Apology if I cross posted this question.

Whoever already filed i485 package; please be kind to post the scanned copies(of course remove all your personal information). It will really help.

Lastly, if we send the AOS package by USPS certified mail, which address to use?

Thank you all for help.

Hi houselight75 and other members of forum:

First of all, good luck to all winners. I am sure we all will do great as we have such a great forum. I am still trying to verify what we need to put for the "part 2 section". I am also in the same situation like other. My wife is winner of DV. So, does the primary winner needs to pick the option "a" or "h" and spouse "b"? I realized we need to be consistent with USCIS because they can turn you down for even small mistake. I will appreciate if anyone can input in picking "a" option vs. "h".

Another question in part 3: Were you inspected by immigration officer? What does it mean? It sound stupid question. I assume we all had to go through immigration officer. Please shed some light over this question.

What other forms we need to fill? I know i485, i135/i864 and medical. I thought there is one form for travel and other for work permit...what are those? Apology if I cross posted this question.

Whoever already filed i485 package; please be kind to post the scanned copies(of course remove all your personal information). It will really help.

Lastly, if we send the AOS package by USPS certified mail, which address to use?

Thank you all for help.

Hi Maila,

For Part 2: The Main applicant has to select Other (h)-then she can write DV 2010 Selectee eligible for Adjustment of Status, for the Spouse-(b)

Question 3: Yes, of course you were inspected..even if it was a Q/A session unless otherwise.

You need to fill For G-325A, Biographical Information. The latest version is only one page but they need 4, so print 4 of them.

If you want to apply for EAD and Advance Parole (to travel while I-485 is pending), then you need Forms I-765 and I-131, respectively.

Hope your questions were answered!

Hi Maila,

For Part 2: The Main applicant has to select Other (h)-then she can write DV 2010 Selectee eligible for Adjustment of Status, for the Spouse-(b)

Question 3: Yes, of course you were inspected..even if it was a Q/A session unless otherwise.

You need to fill For G-325A, Biographical Information. The latest version is only one page but they need 4, so print 4 of them.

If you want to apply for EAD and Advance Parole (to travel while I-485 is pending), then you need Forms I-765 and I-131, respectively.

Hope your questions were answered!

Thank you Daima and Bentelbee.

I read in this forum that sometimes the immigration officers even ask for I864 so thought better be prepared than getting into trouble (just a thought). How about my question regarding the address to post AOS package in Chicago lockbox for USPS certified mail? any idea?

Thank you guys. Good luck.

Thank you Daima and Bentelbee.

I read in this forum that sometimes the immigration officers even ask for I864 so thought better be prepared than getting into trouble (just a thought). How about my question regarding the address to post AOS package in Chicago lockbox for USPS certified mail? any idea?

Thank you guys. Good luck.

If you use US Postal Service, the address is:
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For courier/express deliveryes:
USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

I am sending my package in December, anyone knows what is best to use USPS, FeDex, or UPS?

Thank you!

I don't think it matters, but as far as I know is USPS cheaper. My friend used USPS for all mail to KCC, AOS and Chicago and so far all succesful...others have been positive about UPS, maybe it is personal preference and how far you are away from any of the locations to sent the package.

Bad news yesterday, I received my package AOS sent back to me and the rejection mentioned in the notice is related to the I-765 petition that I joint with the AOS package. If i go on the site , it is said "the document I-765 is improperly file...", but on the I-797C notice (paper), it is said the petition I765 is sent to the wrong address. I don't understand ?? I sent the package to the same address which is : USCIS , P.O Box 805887 Chicago,IL, 60680-4120
I dont know what it is wrong
Anyone has an explanation ?

Hello everyone, FOR YOUR INFORMATION !

You are not going to believe ! here is the reason:
My package was received on the sept/30 at the USCIS Chicago.The NOA was established on the October/06 and the reason they sent back the package is that the petition did arrive at their office 1 day earlier (than the beginning of the DV2010 fiscal year) !!!!! Please, let me scrrrrrream !!!!!
So , I call the USCIS and they said that is it , just send the package back :mad:

I hope this is true , so I just send back the package today ! then the waiting is starting... Thanks for all your guys trying to help me !

Hello everyone, FOR YOUR INFORMATION !

You are not going to believe ! here is the reason:
My package was received on the sept/30 at the USCIS Chicago.The NOA was established on the October/06 and the reason they sent back the package is that the petition did arrive at their office 1 day earlier (than the beginning of the DV2010 fiscal year) !!!!! Please, let me scrrrrrream !!!!!
So , I call the USCIS and they said that is it , just send the package back :mad:

I hope this is true , so I just send back the package today ! then the waiting is starting... Thanks for all your guys trying to help me !

Wow this is crazy and scary! Some people send their package months before their number become current. It's not fair!

Best of luck to you!