• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello zubi,

For Fiscal Year 2009 and region Africa (Except Egypt, Ethiopia, and Nigeria), the cut-off number 61XXX was current in August. It is a little late but the good news is that the USCIS tends to speed up all the DV cases as the end of the fiscal year approaches. Of course, all cases are different but many people got their green cards with late case numbers.

My suggest to you is that you double check everything and be sure that everything is alright in your AOS package, you don't want to delay your case because of a missing information. Please, check the 2008 and 2009 AOS Only forums, you'll find tons of information.

Good luck!

He stated it was for DV 2010 so he is way early.

in my understanding the cut-off of for the fiscal year 2010 did not start yet, because my case # 2010AF00061---.

in my understanding the cut-off of for the fiscal year 2010 did not start yet, because my case # 2010AF00061---.

I was comparing the cut-off numbers from DV2009 as the pattern usually is similar from year to year. It is likely that your cn will be current in August 2010.

Very logical they send it back and you should be grateful that they din't just take your money and left you sweating out there waiting if your number will become current on time. From others I understand that if your number is high you should be better off doing CP than AOS, so they might did you a favor by sending it back. Sorry I wish I could say something else, but read some other thread's and you will learn a lot on this forum.

i thank all of you. bentlebee what do u mean by "cp will be better than Aos if your case# is high?"

Many posters have stated that CP is handling the cases faster and that way if you have a high case number you avoid the risk of over crowded USCIS offices whichcan delay your case. It depends where you live in the USA and how busy your local office is.
In your case going back home might be your best option.

Search CP cases on this forum and do some reading. Some have written down their experience and it can really help you.

http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Hello guys,

Been a while since I last checked in. Got all my immunizations done and my medical scheduled for next week. I'm still on the fence as to whether I would fill out the EAD and AP since I already have H1 status. I guess it would not hurt, right?

Hello guys,

Been a while since I last checked in. Got all my immunizations done and my medical scheduled for next week. I'm still on the fence as to whether I would fill out the EAD and AP since I already have H1 status. I guess it would not hurt, right?

It is my understanding that AED and/or AP would not hurt your AOS application. They would add piece of mind in case you lose your H1 status or if you need or want to get another job aside your H1's job.

Everyone suggests that it is wise to keep the H1 status as long as possible as it gives a fall back support in case that the AOS is denied.

Hello guys,

BlueT41, i am in the same situation. Based on my research, it doesnt hurt to apply for EAD. It is just an additional document, no fee required. Most probably we wont need it at all, since we will get th gcs within few months after receiving EAD. But still since it doesnt have any disadvantage to apply for it, i'll do it. As for AP, i wont do it since i would really not need to travel before i get my gc. (if i do i could always use H1 to get back anyways).

I have a different question for H1 holders. My company already applied for GC for me (EB-3). It is on the I-140 stage (pending). They dont need to cancel anything right? These two applications (DV vs employer based) totally different. I did not even inform them regarding DV. I dont want them to cancel anything until i receive the GC. Please let me know if i am missing something here. Thanks again!

BlueT41, i am in the same situation. Based on my research, it doesnt hurt to apply for EAD. It is just an additional document, no fee required. Most probably we wont need it at all, since we will get th gcs within few months after receiving EAD. But still since it doesnt have any disadvantage to apply for it, i'll do it. As for AP, i wont do it since i would really not need to travel before i get my gc. (if i do i could always use H1 to get back anyways).

I have a different question for H1 holders. My company already applied for GC for me (EB-3). It is on the I-140 stage (pending). They dont need to cancel anything right? These two applications (DV vs employer based) totally different. I did not even inform them regarding DV. I dont want them to cancel anything until i receive the GC. Please let me know if i am missing something here. Thanks again!

No problem with your I-140 process and the DV. After getting your DV GC you should notify your employer so they don't apply for another I-485.

As for traveling and coming back on H1 status, you can do it as long as you don't surrender your H1 status.

As for traveling and coming back on H1 status, you can do it as long as you don't surrender your H1 status.

I have H1 status but I do not have the H1 visa. Could I still travel on my H1 status and get an H1 visa if I decide to go home during that time or is it safer to fill out the application for AP? So I gues my question is to AP or not to AP?

I have H1 status but I do not have the H1 visa. Could I still travel on my H1 status and get an H1 visa if I decide to go home during that time or is it safer to fill out the application for AP? So I gues my question is to AP or not to AP?

Yes, you will need the visa to re-enter the US to keep your H1 status. You can still have the AP and not use it.

Yeah, I think it just came out this evening. Wow, high numbers huh? We are current in November as I suspected.

Good luck everyone.

My number is Europe 10xxx. When i saw the october cut off at 9100, i was pretty sure that my number will be current in November. But turns out the november number is only 9500! Guess i'll have to wait till December to apply..

Just fyi: completed my medicals and picked up the sealed envelope from the doctor. It cost $280 (i did not have records of any vaccinations, they had to do them). My TB test came out positive, so he sent me for a chest x-ray. That came out negative. My insurance paid for the chest x rays.

My number is Europe 10xxx. When i saw the october cut off at 9100, i was pretty sure that my number will be current in November. But turns out the november number is only 9500! Guess i'll have to wait till December to apply..

Yes, too bad for Europe, I don't know what happened. I researched the cut-off numbers for Europe and they seem to fluctuate from year to year. I hope the cut-off numbers improve for December.

Good luck

Doing AOS need some help filling I-131 and I-485

Hello friends,
Is anyone filling the I-131 along with the I-485? If so what is the class of admission (question no 3) for I-131? Is it the status you currently are or is it the status you entered US in? Since it says it says class of admission I am assuming that it is the visa status you entered US in....
and since my status now is F1 I am assuming we fill the part 7 for advance parole.
For I-485 part 2 do we select the option a? I am the principle applicant so do I select option for my spouse for her I-485?
I am current in Oct so I am trying to complete the forms.
Thank you

CN: 2010AS00004xxx
05/11/2009: Received my first NL dated 05/05/2009
06/23/2009: Mailed DSP122 and DS 230.
07/09/2009: Called KCC. Confirmed they received my forms on 07/06/2009.
07/25/2009: Mailed $375x2 (for me and my spouse) to the US Department of State.
08/07/2009: Received 2nd notification letter from KCC.
09/03/2009: Got the medicals done and received the sealed envelop from the civil surgeon for both of us.