• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Need assitance

Hello,
My wife won the DV2010 lottery.

We recieved NL1 and then we sent DS230 and DSP122. We also sent $750 for two people.

We got the NL2 and the recipt that is stamped PAID.
On NL2 it says that we need to apply to USCIS office for AOS. We went to USCIS and they gave us an apllication form packet with I485 and couple of others but they did not file or took any reports to record.

Now what's next?

I guess we need a medical exam. We are getting the required documents from our country. I filled the I 485 form already but I don't know when to send it and exactly with which documents.

I also hear there is a filing $1010 fee per person, but I don't know when it is needed. I also don't know to whom the check needs to be for. On the NL2 it says "US Department of State" but on the I485 it says make payable to "US Department of Homeland Security"

For the next step what do I need to do?

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

We recieved NL1 and then we sent DS230 and DSP122. We also sent $750 for two people.

On NL2 it says that we need to apply to USCIS office for AOS. We went to USCIS and they gave us an apllication form packet with I485 and couple of others but they did not file or took any reports to record.

Now what's next?

I guess we need a medical exam. We are getting the required documents from our country. I filled the I 485 form already but I don't know when to send it and exactly with which documents.

I also hear there is a filing $1010 fee per person, but I don't know when it is needed. I also don't know to whom the check needs to be for. On the NL2 it says "US Department of State" but on the I485 it says make payable to "US Department of Homeland Security"

Thank you for your help.

Depends on your case number. When it becomes current you can send the whole package in, incl the $1010.- and medical sealed envelope and all other required papers.

Hello,

Now what's next?

Thank you for your help.

Hello free_spark,

You and all applicants will need the medical exam along with AOS Forms (I-485), Biographic Information Sheet (G-325A), medical examination (I-693), photographs, supporting documents, etc. The payment is due at the time you file your AOS package. I suggest you go through the DV2008 AOS Only and DV2009 AOS Only forums. They will give you a good idea of the process and what you need.

This forum might be of help as well: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=215048

Good luck

Depends on your case number. When it becomes current you can send the whole package in, incl the $1010.- and medical sealed envelope and all other required papers.

Thank you all. but what do you mean by when it becomes current? how do I know that it becomes current?

Don't worry, maybe it's no big deal. Think about it this way, if you didn't have your records, you would've just gotten the requested vaccines on the date you went for the exam, so there would've been no records and that would've been fine too.

Thanks Daima,
I'll keep my cool and send in the med form as is. If there is a problem, I'm sure USCIS will contact me. Freaked out for a sec there! LOL! :S

Hi All,

I haven't been here little while.
I had lots of help from you guyes and I want to update my process.

06/20/2009 :First NL from KCC
07/20/2009 :Medical exam is done and we paid $165*2 for two persons and extra $100 for immunization check and shot. Some of them i didn't need but
my husband reqired. This cost might be different depending on your imminization book.
07/26/2009 :We sent AOS package to chicago. It was mistake but I just add here.
08/24/2009 :AOS Package returned.
08/26/2009 :We found right track and we sent DS122 and bar code to KCC.
08/26/2009 :We sent check ($350*2) to DOS
09/02/2009 :DV fee receipt arrived from DOS
09/10/2009 :Second NL arrived from KCC
10/01/2009 :My number is current in October.

9/30/2009 we are planning to send our package to Chicago. Our number (EUxxxx75xx) is current in October. In the visa bulletine, EUROPE 9100 is current in October. Is that right? I will appreciate your comments for this step.

Q1) I wonder how long does it take to receive the Green Card after your number is current and send out your package. My number is current in October and we will make sure that our package will arrive in Chicago 1st of October.

Q2) I am expecting to have an interview in October because our number is current. Is that right?

Hi All,

07/20/2009 :Medical exam is done and we paid $165*2 for two persons and extra $100 for immunization check and shot. Some of them i didn't need but
my husband reqired. This cost might be different depending on your imminization book.

9/30/2009 we are planning to send our package to Chicago. Our number (EUxxxx75xx) is current in October. In the visa bulletine, EUROPE 9100 is current in October. Is that right? I will appreciate your comments for this step.

Q1) I wonder how long does it take to receive the Green Card after your number is current and send out your package. My number is current in October and we will make sure that our package will arrive in Chicago 1st of October.

Q2) I am expecting to have an interview in October because our number is current. Is that right?

if you're number is current in october, u can send in ur application today. it takes about 3-6 months from the day USCIS chicago lockbox receives ur application for you to have ur interview. if the interview is successful, u will get ur greencard in 2-4wks after interview.

Hi Hani19

Hi All,

Could you please let me know which vaccines the doctor considered as essential (or are all vaccines were required)? I have taken most of the vaccines in the provided list but not all. If multiple shots are needed for a vaccine, do i have to get all of them before the medical certificate is issued?

Hi All,

I agree with others, don't wait with sending it to Chicago...if your number is cuurent you are allowed to send it to Chicago so they won't send it back unless you won't have all the required papers incl.

You need all the vaccins that are required!

Are you guys using personal checks or cashier's check/money order?

Hello BlueT41,

I am using personal checks. I have applied for other forms related with my employment-based GC with personal checks and never had a problem and it helps me to see when they cash the check. I'm getting anxious as October approaches and everyone starts sending their AOS package.

Good luck!!!

As far as i know it has to be a money order or bankiers check....but I see that the previous poster stated he send a personal check....maybe it depend from which country. In Europe my personal checks were insured till the amount of 300....but the USA personal checks aren't insured and only if you have enough funds in your account it will be paid for.

I just wouldn't risk it and btw a bankiers check doesn't cost any fee at your own bank.

As far as i know it has to be a money order or bankiers check....but I see that the previous poster stated he send a personal check....maybe it depend from which country. In Europe my personal checks were insured till the amount of 300....but the USA personal checks aren't insured and only if you have enough funds in your account it will be paid for.

I just wouldn't risk it and btw a bankiers check doesn't cost any fee at your own bank.

Hi bentlebee,

I think that BlueT41 is talking about the filing fee for Form I-485 (AOS). The instructions state that you need to send a check or money order payable to US Department of Homeland Security.

This is different than the Adjustment of Status Fee Payment to the US Department of State where the instructions clearly state that it should be paid with a cashiers check or postal money order.

medicals

yes you send the sealed one to Chicago the other one is for your records. Very smart to get the free vaccinations and what you needed for High School in the USA is what you need for the DV lottery GC. If you are a woman you neeed HPV...since you are a student I think you will be under 27 and it is a requirement. I know that many schools test for free on Syphilis/HIV but they will check it at the time of your medical appointment. My friend paid for the TB, Syphilis and HIV and it was $ 100.- for the whole thing. if TB is positive you will get X-Rays and the cost will go up.

Thanks to all who answered.
I am concerned that the HPV will take a weeks and now we only have about a couple of weeks to send in the package. So ill take your advice and continue everything else at school. I got a quote price of $120 for blodd works and the physical exam,not including vaccines- which i'll take at school. I would like to do the syphillis/Hiv at school to but what if the Civil surgeon does not accept it?because it was not done at their office?

Hi

My husband (the winner) is in F1 visa and his visa and I-20 expires mid of next year. We plan to do AOS. He hopes to extend his I-20 before sending the AOS package and according to the DV number, he will be able to extend it before the number becomes current.
But we need to send the DS122 and the bar code to KCC and make everything ready by the time our number becomes current.
Our problem is whether the sending of DS122 to KCC will make any impact on the current visa status. (whether he won't be able to extend the I-20 after submitting DS122). According to our knowledge, extension of I-20 is done by the university and it doesn't go through USCIS.
If anyone knows about this issue please let us know.
Edit/Delete Message

Thanks to all who answered.
I am concerned that the HPV will take a weeks and now we only have about a couple of weeks to send in the package. So ill take your advice and continue everything else at school. I got a quote price of $120 for blodd works and the physical exam,not including vaccines- which i'll take at school. I would like to do the syphillis/Hiv at school to but what if the Civil surgeon does not accept it?because it was not done at their office?

You have to call the civil surgeon and ask if they except a syphilis and HIV test performed else where and what date it has to be.

HPV/Gardisil will take 7 month to obtain all vaccin's! The civil surgeon stated to some one who called about it that the cost for that vaccin alone was $145.- (all 3 shots)

My husband (the winner) is in F1 visa and his visa and I-20 expires mid of next year. We plan to do AOS. He hopes to extend his I-20 before sending the AOS package and according to the DV number, he will be able to extend it before the number becomes current.
But we need to send the DS122 and the bar code to KCC and make everything ready by the time our number becomes current.
Our problem is whether the sending of DS122 to KCC will make any impact on the current visa status. (whether he won't be able to extend the I-20 after submitting DS122). According to our knowledge, extension of I-20 is done by the university and it doesn't go through USCIS.
If anyone knows about this issue please let us know.
Edit/Delete Message

I have no clue what your case # is but if you haven't send the first forms to KCC, I have to say that you take an awful long time doing so. It cost not more than some effort and some postal costs to send the required papers back...It clearly is stating to send it back so KCC knows you want to go further.

Hi bentlebee

I have no clue what your case # is but if you haven't send the first forms to KCC, I have to say that you take an awful long time doing so. It cost not more than some effort and some postal costs to send the required papers back...It clearly is stating to send it back so KCC knows you want to go further.

Thanks. Our number is 2010AS00027xxx

According to the visa bulletin your number isn't current yet...it is at 7200 now and only 200 up from last month, so it will take a couple of months to become current, but if I were you I would send the papers a.s.a.p. to KCC.

Plan to do AoS at MN SPM Office? you may want to re-think

Those DV-10 AoS folks whose local office is Bloomington, MN, you may want to search this forum for difficult time past DV ppl had with this office.

I abandoned my DV-09 AoS with this office last month and went home and did CP.

It may be useful if those other past DV AoS folks chip in here with their MN-SPM office advice.

My advice is..... if your number become current before Feb-March, you 'may' take some chances to do AoS in MN, if it is after March, go with CP than AoS in MN !!

Just my thoughts.........please take this advice at your own risk. I hope other past DV winners (AoS - MN) would come up with their own views as well.

Good Luck !

=================
Key Words:

Minnesota
Bloomington
St.Paul
Saint Paul
SPM
Metro Dr
MN, ND, SD