• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello friends,
Is anyone filling the I-131 along with the I-485? If so what is the class of admission (question no 3) for I-131? Is it the status you currently are or is it the status you entered US in? Since it says it says class of admission I am assuming that it is the visa status you entered US in....
and since my status now is F1 I am assuming we fill the part 7 for advance parole.
For I-485 part 2 do we select the option a? I am the principle applicant so do I select option for my spouse for her I-485?
I am current in Oct so I am trying to complete the forms.

Your class of admission is the class in your current I-94 and it should match your current status.

You are right, you need to complete Part 7 of Form I-131 as you are applying for Advance Parole.

I am selecting option a for Form I-485 part 2 but I have heard that some people enter option h and then DV2010 in the space provided for other basis of eligibility. For your spouse, enter option b

Did any one compare the previous visa bulletins (last years) and how much they went up from Oct. to Nov.?

For Europe:

2009 = October: 9,100 - November: 9,500 (diff 400)
2008 = October: 6,600 - November: 11,000 (diff 4,400)
2007 = October: 5,800 - November: 9,200 (diff 3,400)
2006 = October: 3,450 - November: 5,700 (diff 2,250)
2005 = October: 3,000 - November: 3,900 (diff 900)
2004 = October: 10,850 - November: 10,850
2003 = October: 8,000 - November: 10,100 (diff 2,100)
2002 = October: 8,100 - November: 14,000 (diff 5,900)

It does not follow a patter :confused:

For I-131 seems like we also need
a copy of photo id
a copy of document issued by USCIS showing your present status and
a copy of USCIS receipt as evidence that you filed the adjustment application.
Do you agree with this?

And for I-485 I think I too will select option (a) for me and (b) for my spouse.

Your class of admission is the class in your current I-94 and it should match your current status.

You are right, you need to complete Part 7 of Form I-131 as you are applying for Advance Parole.

I am selecting option a for Form I-485 part 2 but I have heard that some people enter option h and then DV2010 in the space provided for other basis of eligibility. For your spouse, enter option b

For I-131 seems like we also need
a copy of photo id
a copy of document issued by USCIS showing your present status and
a copy of USCIS receipt as evidence that you filed the adjustment application.
Do you agree with this?

And for I-485 I think I too will select option (a) for me and (b) for my spouse.

You are sending your I-131 along with your I-485, right? If that's the case, you won't have the USCIS receipt for your AOS application nor the Alien Number but that's OK.

You also need to attach a note explaining why you need to travel. It is a simple note, just say that you have plans to go and visit your family (or whatever reason you have), the address were you will stay, and the dates. I copied an example below.

The rest of the supporting documents that you need for the I-131 are already provided for the I-485 (In case you are filing the two applications at the same time).

[Date]

U. S. Department of Homeland Security
Citizenship and Immigration Services
[Address of the Chicago Lockbox]

Re: Advance Parole Application (I-131) for [your name]

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is submitted in support of my application for advance parole (Form I-131). I am requesting issuance of advance parole so that I may travel to [location] for a period of approximately [number of days] days to [your reason].

During my visit, I will be staying at the following address:
[Address of where you will stay]

Name of Person Staying With: [Name of the person staying with].

I plan to leave for [location] on [date of departure], and return to the US on or before [date of arrival in US]

Thank you for your kind consideration and understanding in accepting my application for advance parole.

Sincerely,

[Your name]

Yes I will be filing all the applications at the same time.
In fact it will be two sets of all the documents. I hope that is fine.
I will have one set for me and one for my spouse. I don't think I need to file them separately, do I?

You are sending your I-131 along with your I-485, right? If that's the case, you won't have the USCIS receipt for your AOS application nor the Alien Number but that's OK.

You also need to attach a note explaining why you need to travel. It is a simple note, just say that you have plans to go and visit your family (or whatever reason you have), the address were you will stay, and the dates. I copied an example below.

The rest of the supporting documents that you need for the I-131 are already provided for the I-485 (In case you are filing the two applications at the same time).

[Date]

U. S. Department of Homeland Security
Citizenship and Immigration Services
[Address of the Chicago Lockbox]

Re: Advance Parole Application (I-131) for [your name]

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is submitted in support of my application for advance parole (Form I-131). I am requesting issuance of advance parole so that I may travel to [location] for a period of approximately [number of days] days to [your reason].

During my visit, I will be staying at the following address:
[Address of where you will stay]

Name of Person Staying With: [Name of the person staying with].

I plan to leave for [location] on [date of departure], and return to the US on or before [date of arrival in US]

Thank you for your kind consideration and understanding in accepting my application for advance parole.

Sincerely,

[Your name]

For Europe:

2009 = October: 9,100 - November: 9,500 (diff 400)
2008 = October: 6,600 - November: 11,000 (diff 4,400)
2007 = October: 5,800 - November: 9,200 (diff 3,400)
2006 = October: 3,450 - November: 5,700 (diff 2,250)
2005 = October: 3,000 - November: 3,900 (diff 900)
2004 = October: 10,850 - November: 10,850
2003 = October: 8,000 - November: 10,100 (diff 2,100)
2002 = October: 8,100 - November: 14,000 (diff 5,900)

It does not follow a patter :confused:

So this is the second lowest change in numbers in years...thanks for the work!:)

Yes I will be filing all the applications at the same time.
In fact it will be two sets of all the documents. I hope that is fine.
I will have one set for me and one for my spouse. I don't think I need to file them separately, do I?

It's better to file everything together. If you file them separately you will need to wait for the I-485 receipt before filing the I-131.

Hi bentlebee,

Has your friend filed the AOS yet? I think you mentioned that she would apply just before Labor Day. Keep us posted!

She paid for AOS but didn't send the papers to Chicago yet...she decided to wait till the visa bulletin. Since it will take a little bit longer than expected with he number (although in the beginning a lawyer told her that she probably will be getting a Dec./Jan. interview), she will wait with sending it in...I will post when she send in the package and the fee.:)...she doesn't want to risk them sending it back.

She paid for AOS but didn't send the papers to Chicago yet...she decided to wait till the visa bulletin. Since it will take a little bit longer than expected with he number (although in the beginning a lawyer told her that she probably will be getting a Dec./Jan. interview), she will wait with sending it in...I will post when she send in the package and the fee.:)...she doesn't want to risk them sending it back.

I guess the Visa Bulletin for November was not good news for Europe. I am sorry about that. I've heard that sometimes, when filing earlier, the package is returned not immediately but after some months. I think it is safer to wait unless the case number is high.

Good luck

MEDICALS? What do I need to Do?

Hello to everyone, its been a while since i checked in (busy student) anyways..... for those of you who did the medicals already, what did you do to keep the cost affordable? I was think of taking any immunizations i need at my campus health center for free and then just go in for the medical exam. What do you think?

BLUET41- did u pay $100 for medical exam only or did it include some vaccines?

Another question, what vaccines are manadatory?

Yet another question--Do i include the sealed medical report into my AOS package that will got to the lock box; and then i should keep the other copy from the doctor for my records?

THANKS, XOXO for all who respond!

Hello to everyone, its been a while since i checked in (busy student) anyways..... for those of you who did the medicals already, what did you do to keep the cost affordable? I was think of taking any immunizations i need at my campus health center for free and then just go in for the medical exam. What do you think?

Yet another question--Do i include the sealed medical report into my AOS package that will got to the lock box; and then i should keep the other copy from the doctor for my records?

There is a link to medical examination info on the first page of this thread - i believe you could find the mandatory vaccinations there.

Yes you need to include sealed envelope in the AOS package and keep the open copy to yourself.

I dont know money savings info, hope someone else could help you on this. But what i could recommend is at least calling several civil surgeon locations to compare prices. Mine cost $280; but a friend of mine had it done for $200 in the same city just by going to a different doctor.

yes you send the sealed one to Chicago the other one is for your records. Very smart to get the free vaccinations and what you needed for High School in the USA is what you need for the DV lottery GC. If you are a woman you neeed HPV...since you are a student I think you will be under 27 and it is a requirement. I know that many schools test for free on Syphilis/HIV but they will check it at the time of your medical appointment. My friend paid for the TB, Syphilis and HIV and it was $ 100.- for the whole thing. if TB is positive you will get X-Rays and the cost will go up.

Hi guys,
I did my medical today. Cost me $125 (I went with a copy of all my immunizations, TB and STI tests). I got the sealed envelope and a copy for my personal records. I have one concern. The civil surgeon said that the mandatory vaccinations were tdap, MMR and Varicella and as a result only filled out dates on page 3 of the form for those vaccines. I carried documentation that I got the other vaccinations listed but they did not fill them out (which does not make sense to me). They listed the others as "Not age appropriate". How was page 3 of the I693 form filled out on page 3 for you guys? Did they only fill out information for tdap, MMR and Varicella?

Hi guys,
I did my medical today. Cost me $125 (I went with a copy of all my immunizations, TB and STI tests). I got the sealed envelope and a copy for my personal records. I have one concern. The civil surgeon said that the mandatory vaccinations were tdap, MMR and Varicella and as a result only filled out dates on page 3 of the form for those vaccines. I carried documentation that I got the other vaccinations listed but they did not fill them out (which does not make sense to me). They listed the others as "Not age appropriate". How was page 3 of the I693 form filled out on page 3 for you guys? Did they only fill out information for tdap, MMR and Varicella?

I got my Medicals done back in July and I paid $240 even though I presented my immunization history. Anyway, I live in a small town and there are only two surgeons and the one I went to was cheaper.

Regarding page 3, they filled in the dates of my older immunizations, so I guess my old report helped. Plus they give me another Tdap and tested me for syphilis, HIV and TB. My TB was negative so didn't need the Xray.

Hi guys,

Sorry, it seems like I didn't fully answer your question. The surgeon filled all the vaccines listed in my history including Td, MMR, Hepatitis B, and IPV.

Sorry, it seems like I didn't fully answer your question. The surgeon filled all the vaccines listed in my history including Td, MMR, Hepatitis B, and IPV.

ok, so I thought. Now I'm a bit worried. I don't know why they did not fill in the older immunization info. I called back and she said that they have been doing this for thousands of people and if I am not happy with their service I could go to another civil surgeon. Soo mad! I already paid my money!! Did anyone else have this issue?

ok, so I thought. Now I'm a bit worried. I don't know why they did not fill in the older immunization info. I called back and she said that they have been doing this for thousands of people and if I am not happy with their service I could go to another civil surgeon. Soo mad! I already paid my money!! Did anyone else have this issue?

Don't worry, maybe it's no big deal. Think about it this way, if you didn't have your records, you would've just gotten the requested vaccines on the date you went for the exam, so there would've been no records and that would've been fine too.