• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Dear forum members, please explain me how cut-off works. Right now travel.gov is showing that for October, EU cut-off is 9100. Does it mean that only DV winners with numbers below 9100 can apply?
My number is EU 25xxx. When do you think my application time will come?

My status now:
Applying for AOS
Got second letter from KCC.
Haven't paid DOS fee yet.

thanks!

Dear forum members, please explain me how cut-off works. Right now travel.gov is showing that for October, EU cut-off is 9100. Does it mean that only DV winners with numbers below 9100 can apply?

My status now:
Applying for AOS

thanks!

Look at the previous years visa bulletin...you can google them and see when in 2009 and 2008 your number became cuurent. It doesn't mean it will be similar but could be...

My status now:
Applying for AOS

thanks!

Every month the US Department of State issues the Visa Bulletin. Usually, the Visa Bulletin is issued around day 10 of every month. You need to check the Visa Bulletin under the section DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY and check if your Case Number is BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number for your region (i.e. Europe).

The Visa Bulletin also publishes and Advance Notification of the DV so it is possible to know the cut-off numbers with 60 days in advance.

For the Fiscal Year 2009, a case number for Europe in the range of 25,000 was current in June. Fiscal Year 2010 started with numbers a little higher than 2009 but I don't know if it will continue with that trend.

The home page for the Visa Bulletin is http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

I hope this information is useful for you.

Hi,
I'm a 2009 winner and i have real experience of this and like to help people. I applied with help of a lawyer so info from me is correct.
you do not need to send anything to KCC, you must file an adjustment of status (form I-485) with the Chicago office. you must contact your local office to see if you are eligible(which you are). I'm an F-1 holder too. you can not apply until your number is current, other wise your case will be denied. Let me know if you need more help

Hello,
I was reading your post and saw that you did the process with help of a lawyer so as you said, info is correct.I am an F1 visa holder too.
A question please: birth certificate and translation : is it ok if I send a copy and not the original ? and the same question for high school diploma and translation.
In general, what document is required to be sent in the original form?

Thanks for your reply.:)

As far as I know you only have to sent copies and keep the originals and bring them to the interview...I would never sent the originals, since you don't know if you get them back.
Good Luck, you have a real low number..so you should be getting your GC a.s.a.p. if all your papers are complete.

As far as I know you only have to sent copies and keep the originals and bring them to the interview...I would never sent the originals, since you don't know if you get them back.
Good Luck, you have a real low number..so you should be getting your GC a.s.a.p. if all your papers are complete.

Thanks for your fast reply bentlebee ... I thought that we should send copies ... we will do that.
good luck with your petition. Happy2010

I have another question: my number is DV2010EU000004xx . According to the September visa bulletin published in August, this number is current. Now, do we wait until October 1, 2009 to send out the AOS package, or can it be sent now if we have all the documents??? thanks for anyones help, Happy2010

KCC told my friend you could sent it when your number becomes current...and so far they have not told anything that wasn't true, like USCIS.

A# Alien Registration number

on the AOS forms they ask if you have an A#. As my mother previously submitted the form I-130, and I received notification of approval, however, I was placed in the que line waiting for my visa number to come up. I do not believe I received an alien number, but am not sure how to answer the question requesting my A# on the AOS Forms. Can Anyone help me??

on the AOS forms they ask if you have an A#. As my mother previously submitted the form I-130, and I received notification of approval, however, I was placed in the que line waiting for my visa number to come up. I do not believe I received an alien number, but am not sure how to answer the question requesting my A# on the AOS Forms. Can Anyone help me??

Hi happy2010,

I am not sure it it is the same but I have an approved I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) and it does not have an alien Number. I did get an alien number when I filed my Adjustment of Status under a working category.

Do you have an EAD? If you do, your A# should be in the AED card.

Hi happy2010,

I am not sure it it is the same but I have an approved I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) and it does not have an alien Number. I did get an alien number when I filed my Adjustment of Status under a working category.

Do you have an EAD? If you do, your A# should be in the AED card.

Hi I2009,

Many thanks for your reply.No, I do not have an EAD card, just have a social security card obtained from a form ( work authorization) given by my school and my F1 visa.The permission to work is limited and strictely limited to the school.That is why I don't have an EAD card. I guess I have to put "NONE" to the input.

Again Thanks.

Hi I2009,

Many thanks for your reply.No, I do not have an EAD card, just have a social security card obtained from a form ( work authorization) given by my school and my F1 visa.The permission to work is limited and strictely limited to the school.That is why I don't have an EAD card. I guess I have to put "NONE" to the input.

Again Thanks.

How about for people on H1B visa - do they have an alien number? I am on H1B visa and was trying to find answer to same question. Thank you.

How about for people on H1B visa - do they have an alien number? I am on H1B visa and was trying to find answer to same question. Thank you.

Most non-immigrants (ex, H-1B visa) do not have alien registration numbers. The alien registration number or "A-number" is an identifying number that USCIS assigns to certain aliens, such as those who apply for adjustment of status. A-numbers may consist of 8 or 9 digits. The A-number is yours for life, much like a social security number.

Hi I2009,

Again Thanks.

You are right, type "None" in the Alien Number box.

Most non-immigrants (ex, H-1B visa) do not have alien registration numbers. The alien registration number or "A-number" is an identifying number that USCIS assigns to certain aliens, such as those who apply for adjustment of status. A-numbers may consist of 8 or 9 digits. The A-number is yours for life, much like a social security number.

Thank you! i will write "none" as well.

help!!!!

can somebody help me please? i sent my AOS package to chicago on August 12, 2009 but they sent it back to me. my case# AF00061--- dv program 2010. what can i do?

can somebody help me please? i sent my AOS package to chicago on August 12, 2009 but they sent it back to me. my case# AF00061--- dv program 2010. what can i do?

On what grounds did the USCIS return your package? Was it because you submitted it early? If so, wait until your cn becomes current and re-file.

coz i did not know when my case would be ready that's why i sent it earlier. can u help me to find it out?

I think it is because your number is very high and (sorry to say this) might me current very late in the fiscal year.... so you have to wait a couple of months.

coz i did not know when my case would be ready that's why i sent it earlier. can u help me to find it out?

Hello zubi,

For Fiscal Year 2009 and region Africa (Except Egypt, Ethiopia, and Nigeria), the cut-off number 61XXX was current in August. It is a little late but the good news is that the USCIS tends to speed up all the DV cases as the end of the fiscal year approaches. Of course, all cases are different but many people got their green cards with late case numbers.

My suggest to you is that you double check everything and be sure that everything is alright in your AOS package, you don't want to delay your case because of a missing information. Please, check the 2008 and 2009 AOS Only forums, you'll find tons of information.

Good luck!