• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Lucky2010,Iceman,Yaku,Linda555,Zapatos,Bordetin !
Like all of you, I am waiting for an interview letter, has anyone succeeded in knowing through the Field Office (by contacting them) that our case is physically at the field office ?

Hello Happy2010,

Didn't the KCC tell you that they sent your file to the local office? I understood that they were talking about the field office. I hope you receice your appt notice soon.

Good luck

Hi everybody,

I received my AOS package back with a I797C Rejection Notice,

It says that fallowing fields were not completed "Invalid Part 2 Application type other basis of Eligibility"

On the I-485 form part 2 , I checked for "h" Other basis of eligibility, and I wrote "DV 2010 SELECTEE" on the line below, since i am a lottery 2010 winner, I thought, that was the most logical option.

So my first question is, what is the correct answer for part 2 for a lottery winner

the second reason on the notice is
"Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to this address listed on the bottom of this notice.

The fallowing documents may be provided:

Your original Form I-130
Your original Form I-360

A copy of your Form I -797 if the petition has already been filed/approved or Other evidence that immigration visa pettion has been filed/approved on your behalf.
"

What does "priority date could not be established " mean ????

I am not filling for anybody else other not me.Not married no one from family.

I already got an infopass to see some one about this rejection, but I really want to hear an opinion from the forum

I m currently on h1b

I will appreciate your help

Hello ohyeahh,

I think it was a mistake. You answered right. The correct answer is H. I answered A and it worked too.

You will need to resubmit your package.

Good luck

Hi everybody,

I received my AOS package back with a I797C Rejection Notice,

the second reason on the notice is
"Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to this address listed on the bottom of this notice.

I will appreciate your help

Hi ohyeahh,

The answer you provided as "h" should be correct, and if you select "a" that would be correct too. Most likely your application was rejected because your priority date was not current. That date is determined based on your DV Case number, which is listed on your first package you got from KCC. You have to use the DV case number and the Visa bulletin published by the state department to establish if your priority date is current. Also you need to make sure you include the welcome letter from KCC (NL1 and NL2) to show that you have a notification of visa number being available to you once you applied for AOS. Why don't you add your info in your signature about your case number and dates about forms you submitted like you may see in our signatures. That will help us in helping you and also help others who might be in a similar situation.

Thank you i2009, I knew I answered it correctly. this is pain..................
do you have any thoughts for the second part of my question ?
I sent a check of $1010 wit coppies of tax return ,H1b status , passport , medical , pics, transcripts, paychecks. ..etc.

What more do they need ?

Hello Happy2010,

Didn't the KCC tell you that they sent your file to the local office? I understood that they were talking about the field office. I hope you receice your appt notice soon.

Good luck

Hi i2009,
Yes, I did call KCC 2 days ago and they told me that the file (DV file) is transferred to the field office on Nov./5th.Does it mean that the field office also got my AOS file ? I called the field office today but they said they were not allowed to tell me where my file is located right now....
Just want to know where my case is ....:(

Like all of you, I am waiting for an interview letter, has anyone succeeded in knowing through the Field Office (by contacting them) that our case is physically at the field office ?

Hey happy2010,

I tried calling the NCS # today and they keep on saying that all i can do is wait !!! They said that our file is still at the national benefits center. it has not made it to the local field office yet.

i am not sure if scheduling an infopass will do any good.

So i guess wait , wait and wait some more :mad:

Hey happy2010,

I tried calling the NCS # today and they keep on saying that all i can do is wait !!! They said that our file is still at the national benefits center. it has not made it to the local field office yet.

i am not sure if scheduling an infopass will do any good.

So i guess wait , wait and wait some more :mad:

Ice man, did you contact the KCC (Department of State) about your file ?
I did contact them and they told me that my (DV) file was sent to the field office on Nov/5th.I don't know if this sending is on the request of the field office or not.In that case, it means that the field office has already the AOS file and they request KCC to send the DV file.So NBC is able to tell us if the AOS file has or not been sent to the field office ?

Ice man, did you contact the KCC (Department of State) about your file ?
I did contact them and they told me that my (DV) file was sent to the field office on Nov/5th.I don't know if this sending is on the request of the field office or not.In that case, it means that the field office has already the AOS file and they request KCC to send the DV file.So NBC is able to tell us if the AOS file has or not been sent to the field office ?

happy2010, i did not call the KCC, but maybe i will try tomorrow.

if you call uscis and ask to speak to a supervisor they have access to tell you where your file is.

I was even there today and they confirmed what I already know that my file is there. They say I have to wait for the interview letter!!!!!! They did not want to tell me more.

I was even there today and they confirmed what I already know that my file is there. They say I have to wait for the interview letter!!!!!! They did not want to tell me more.

Hello Zapatos, thanks for the info,so even the file is there (at the field office) , it doesn't change anything for having an interview letter.I don't know ,probably it might help for your peace of mind knowing that your file is already in the field office and not stuck at NBC...:rolleyes:
Does it make you feel better ? ha ! I guess I have nothing to do than waiting...

They called today...

A lady from the local USCIS office called today. She said that she have our files with the envelope with the letter for the appointment for biometrics that we never received and was trying to verify if she needed to send it again to us. My wife explained that if it is the appointment for biometrics we already did the biometrics and already received the EAD. She asked about the payment receipt too and my wife explained that it was sent with the package and if she needed it we can provide another copy. Finally the officer said that she will call later if needed. My wife asked but no word about the appointment yet. She said... don't worry, it will arrive.

At least the package is here, we just need the appointment :(

Rejection Notice

Hi ohyeahh,

The answer you provided as "h" should be correct, and if you select "a" that would be correct too. Most likely your application was rejected because your priority date was not current. That date is determined based on your DV Case number, which is listed on your first package you got from KCC. You have to use the DV case number and the Visa bulletin published by the state department to establish if your priority date is current. Also you need to make sure you include the welcome letter from KCC (NL1 and NL2) to show that you have a notification of visa number being available to you once you applied for AOS. Why don't you add your info in your signature about your case number and dates about forms you submitted like you may see in our signatures. That will help us in helping you and also help others who might be in a similar situation.

Hi Cooldude,

My case number is 2010EU00000XXX,

My AOS package includes I 485,G325A,birth certificate and translation,School transcripts, H1B forms (my first H1 and second one)
Military discharge form and translation,Sealed Medical envelope, 2 pics, Copy of my passaport, copy of $375 AOS fee form with the "paid sep02 2009" stamp on it. My W2 forms for the last 4 years and my latest paycheck coppies.

I thought my case # is current thats why i sent AOS package, What does priority date mean anyway ?:confused:

Thank you for your help

Hi Cooldude,

My AOS package includes I 485,G325A,birth certificate and translation,School transcripts, H1B forms (my first H1 and second one)
Military discharge form and translation,Sealed Medical envelope, 2 pics, Copy of my passaport, copy of $375 AOS fee form with the "paid sep02 2009" stamp on it. My W2 forms for the last 4 years and my latest paycheck coppies.

I thought my case # is current thats why i sent AOS package, What does priority date mean anyway ?:confused:

Thank you for your help
Case # is current implies that you have the priority date condition met. Right now for Europe, all case numbers under 12,400 are current. Yours is in the hundreds so you are fine from that perspective. From the list of the docs you mentioned i notice that you did not mention sending the letter from KCC saying that you are a winner. That letter establishes that there is a visa available for you. If the Chicago office does not find a letter from KCC, they will consider your application invalid as they don't have proof of your application having an available visa. Sending the proof of payment only is not sufficient. They want to see the letter you got from KCC saying that you are a winner. Also, put the second Notification letter from KCC showing that you have shown intent to do AOS. After you have these two letters, you may attach the receipt of paid fees. If you didn't send these two letters from KCC, that could be the reason for denial of your application.

Your docs seem to be fine. Personally, I enclosed the transcripts and the copy of my degree too. Also i had an employer letter verifying about my job in terms of hours worked and the salary. In my interview letter they asked to bring an employer affidavit mentioning that my experience in the last 5 years counts towards at least 2 years of experience in an occupation that requires at least two year of training. The list of occupations can be found at http://online.onetcenter.org/find/zone (where the work experience has to be in a job that is under "Zone 4" or "Zone 5" level). If it helps your case, you could put three to six recent bank statements showing your balance. Not needed though.

Also, write a cover letter which clearly spells out that you are a DV winner with such and such case number, that you meet the eligibility requirement for AOS, and that you are enclosing the notification letter as proof of winning DV 2010 program and that a visa should be available to you as your case is current as of Dec 2009 visa bulletin. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Hi all. I am going to send my DSP-122 file to KCC again to update my file. I am changing my process from CP to AOS. But, i don't know what should i write for question 4 in DSP-122? Which is where do you want to do your application.

-should i just write BCIS
-should i write Boston BCIS and adress.

I don't know what to write.
What did you write? anyone from Massachusetts or any other state.

Hi ewokra
i'm in Boston
Boston office is the right one NOT Lawrance
Thanks

appointment

happy 2010...i am scared too and confused... i don't know why they are not sending our interview datessssss!

Hi Linda
Do you have any news about your intervew appointment
i'm in Boston also but my number maybe will be current in March 2010
Thanks

Hi aos 2010

Hi i2009,
Yes, I did call KCC 2 days ago and they told me that the file (DV file) is transferred to the field office on Nov./5th.Does it mean that the field office also got my AOS file ? I called the field office today but they said they were not allowed to tell me where my file is located right now....
Just want to know where my case is ....:(

HI Happy,
I didnt know you can call these or some of these field offices directly? I know nyc theres only info passes. Maybe thats why they didnt tell u where the case is but KCC told you when it was mailed?

I got an LUD for dec 1 and dec 02, latest- at least someone is looking at it. and I do agree that these updated LUD are sent after office hours automatically.
-Card production ordered!! waiting for further info with that!! like interview?

Thank you i2009, I knew I answered it correctly. this is pain..................
do you have any thoughts for the second part of my question ?
I sent a check of $1010 wit coppies of tax return ,H1b status , passport , medical , pics, transcripts, paychecks. ..etc.

What more do they need ?

Hello ohyeahh,

I understand that they could not establish the priority date because they didn't know what was the type of application.

For other kind of applications, they use a priority date as opposed of the case number for DV cases. That's why they mentioned a priority date and not the CN.

You need to send copies of the KCC notification letter to show that your case number is current and that you are eligible to apply under the DV program.

Also, I suggest that you add a Cover Letter to your package where you list all the documentation included and the reason of the petition. There is a Cover Letter template here

I hope this help you.

Best of luck to you!

Oops! I just realized that cooldude answered all these questions for you. Sorry about that

Hello Zapatos, thanks for the info,so even the file is there (at the field office) , it doesn't change anything for having an interview letter.I don't know ,probably it might help for your peace of mind knowing that your file is already in the field office and not stuck at NBC...:rolleyes:
Does it make you feel better ? ha ! I guess I have nothing to do than waiting...

Hello happy2010,

I think it will give us a little peace of mind knowing where our package is. I don't think they will give you that information calling the USCIS but maybe if you take an infopass and the Officer is nice enough to disclose that information for you.

I checked your dates and it is funny, I am 6 to 7 days behind you with the NOAs, Biometrics Appt Notice, and Biometrics Appt.

Good luck! I hope you receive your interview notice real soon

Hi Cooldude,

Thank you for your help

ohyeahh,
I suggest that you write a cover letter explaining the basis of your application. Point out that your visa is current in October.
Your answer in 2.h was correct. Maybe just modify it to "DV 2010 Diversity Visa Winner case number DV2010EU0000xxx". You should be fine.
Best of Luck to you!