• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

File sended by KCC

Hi guys,
I have a question: today, I called KCC at 606-526-7500, and asked about the status of my file, and I was answered that my file was sended on the nov-5 to the local office. So the file is the AOS package or is DV file like the DSP230 etc... ?

Hi guys,
I have a question: today, I called KCC at 606-526-7500, and asked about the status of my file, and I was answered that my file was sended on the nov-5 to the local office. So the file is the AOS package or is DV file like the DSP230 etc... ?

It's DSP230 file, KCC doesn't deal with AOS

Hi all. I am going to send my DSP-122 file to KCC again to update my file. I am changing my process from CP to AOS. But, i don't know what should i write for question 4 in DSP-122? Which is where do you want to do your application.

-should i just write BCIS
-should i write Boston BCIS and adress.

I don't know what to write.
What did you write? anyone from Massachusetts or any other state.

Hello ewokra,

You need to list "BCIS" if you plan to do AOS.

Hi guys,

That is progress happy. If KCC sent your file to the field office, it means that the field office alreardy got your AOS package from the NBC, and had requested your file (DS forms) from KCC. So when they send you the Interview letter, the IO would have all the info to approve you right away. Hope you get the Interview letter soon. Good luck.

Hi guys, ewokra has the following questions which he needs to verify to know which field office will he go to for his interview and fingerprinting (He is filling out the DS forms and need to select the field office) :
"I live in Watertown , Massachusetts. When i try to find USCIS offices there are two office
-Lawrance Field Office
-Boston Field Office
I am not sure if lawrance field office does the AOS applications. "

If somebody is from Massachusetts they can reply better. If not, it is best to get an Info pass to make sure the info is correct.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone that helped me doing my AOS package. It's ready to be sent tomorrow... December 1st! Good for everyone that is doing the same thing!
I will let you know what's next of course.

Hi guys,

Hello Happy2010,

This is good news, as cooldude says, it means that the field office should have all your papers ready.

I have a question, has your online case status changed or is it still in acceptance?

Good luck!

Hi guys, ewokra has the following questions which he needs to verify to know which field office will he go to for his interview and fingerprinting (He is filling out the DS forms and need to select the field office) :
"I live in Watertown , Massachusetts. When i try to find USCIS offices there are two office
-Lawrance Field Office
-Boston Field Office
I am not sure if lawrance field office does the AOS applications. "

If somebody is from Massachusetts they can reply better. If not, it is best to get an Info pass to make sure the info is correct.

I think that ewokra was asking about question 4 for Form DSP-122. That question is for the Consular Office where to have the Consular Interview. Since ewokra chose AOS the correct answer is BCIS.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone that helped me doing my AOS package. It's ready to be sent tomorrow... December 1st! Good for everyone that is doing the same thing!
I will let you know what's next of course.

Good luck lematt. Keep us posted.

I think that ewokra was asking about question 4 for Form DSP-122. That question is for the Consular Office where to have the Consular Interview. Since ewokra chose AOS the correct answer is BCIS.

ewokra asked the question on another thread. I had asked him to ask the question on this DV2010 AOS thread. Anyways, he did not pose the question in the same way, so i kind of repeated it for him. His concern was if the field offices in his area process I-485 or should he be going to the other field office in his area.

Good luck lematt. Hope everything works out for you.

That is progress happy. If KCC sent your file to the field office, it means that the field office alreardy got your AOS package from the NBC, and had requested your file (DS forms) from KCC. So when they send you the Interview letter, the IO would have all the info to approve you right away. Hope you get the Interview letter soon. Good luck.

Thanks Cooldude for your explanation and your support, hope you are right :)

Any updates for those who completed their interview?

Does anyone have any updates on their cases yet. I received my EAD and AP already but that online status check shows updates regularly. My EAD date was updated yesterday again. There has been just one update on the AOS date on the 25th one week after my interview.
USCIS supposedly received my letter yesterday (the one where I sent them the required document). I hope they will review my case soon.
I am thinking that the online status check is not that reliable.

Does anyone have any updates on their cases yet. I received my EAD and AP already but that online status check shows updates regularly. My EAD date was updated yesterday again. There has been just one update on the AOS date on the 25th one week after my interview.
USCIS supposedly received my letter yesterday (the one where I sent them the required document). I hope they will review my case soon.

LUD shows 11/25. Other than that, nothing yet!

Hello simple man,

The online status is driving me nuts. My LUDs are being updated almost every day since my biometrics but the status still is in "Acceptance" for the I-485s and "Initial Review" for the I-131s and I-765s.

One thing that bothers me is that our previous AOS cases have not been updated so I think that they still need to consolidate my previous AOS with my DV case.

The wait is killing me!

Good luck with your case. I hope that you get your GC pretty soon.

Hello simple man,

The online status is driving me nuts. My LUDs are being updated almost every day since my biometrics but the status still is in "Acceptance" for the I-485s and "Initial Review" for the I-131s and I-765s.

One thing that bothers me is that our previous AOS cases have not been updated so I think that they still need to consolidate my previous AOS with my DV case.

The wait is killing me!

Good luck with your case. I hope that you get your GC pretty soon.

Well at least your I-485 says initial review. Mine still says acceptance but the LDU says 11/25.
My EAD and AP were showing initial review and the evening I had my interview it went straight to Post decision and Card ordered. I have receied my card but the staus shows post decision.
I think this technology is just going to our head. We have become too dependent on technology.
But I know all our cases will be processed accordingly. We have become so used to getting instant responses and decisions. Maybe this is why we are worried too much. Let's just keep cool. Things will be fine...

Hello Happy2010,

This is good news, as cooldude says, it means that the field office should have all your papers ready.

I have a question, has your online case status changed or is it still in acceptance?

Good luck!

Hi i2009,
Nope, the online case status of the I-485 has not changed, always still "acceptance" with the same LUD as the NOA date....:rolleyes: , Yeehhh, it is a good sign that the field office got all my papers ! So from now, Do not know what to do except from waiting ....Does anybody call the field office to know about the interview letter in the similar case ?

My last update was the day after the interview i.e. 25th of Nov. That is the day when i got the text message saying EAD production ordered. No updates since, except that when i called KCC, they mentioned that my file was requested on the 24th by the field office and that it was sent.

Well at least your I-485 says initial review. Mine still says acceptance but the LDU says 11/25.
My EAD and AP were showing initial review and the evening I had my interview it went straight to Post decision and Card ordered. I have receied my card but the staus shows post decision.
I think this technology is just going to our head. We have become too dependent on technology.
But I know all our cases will be processed accordingly. We have become so used to getting instant responses and decisions. Maybe this is why we are worried too much. Let's just keep cool. Things will be fine...

Yes indeed, we so get used to ************ that we hang our mind completely focused on this LUD information...But we even don't know if it is reliable or not, and yet we want to believe it (the fact that we keep on checking it every day) because that is our only reference for our petition status...that is sad to say but it is the reality :(.On the other hand, knowing that we are not alone on the "waiting" and "stressing" comforts and makes us feel a little better :) . As all of you are, I try to tell myself to chill out, but it is hard...