• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Well at least your I-485 says initial review. Mine still says acceptance but the LDU says 11/25.
My EAD and AP were showing initial review and the evening I had my interview it went straight to Post decision and Card ordered. I have receied my card but the staus shows post decision.
I think this technology is just going to our head. We have become too dependent on technology.
But I know all our cases will be processed accordingly. We have become so used to getting instant responses and decisions. Maybe this is why we are worried too much. Let's just keep cool. Things will be fine...

I have a theory simpleman and i2009. It could be true ... could be something else! I am thinking that whenever the file is accessed by the IO, it would probably update the LUD or whenever there is an addition to the file it shows a LUD. Reason: The day i did by biometrics i had an update on the LUD for the same day (I think it happened when my letter for biometrics was scanned at the field office - it caused an LUD). Then the next day i had another LUD. I am assuming the results from the FBI fingerprint check came back. For some cases, LUD changing could imply that the IO is waiting on something and is checking the file to see if it can proceed to next stage.

I read someone else had the concern too about EAD production ordered, and receiving it, and then going back to post-decision activity. I have no clue on that. Maybe after the production ordered, if the file is again opened by the IO, it automatically goes to post decision activity as a software issue! Just a possibility.

Hope everything is fine for all of us.

Thanks cooldude, happy, and simpleman for the responses about the LUDs. Cooldude's theory about the LUD makes a lot of sense. Maybe the LUD is updated automatically while the status needs to be entered, or approved, by someone.

The truth is that the waiting is killing me and the LUDs are not helping.

Good luck to everyone!

Let's just hope for the best. At least our cases are being dealt with. By the way let us not forget that it has been only 2 months since our number became current and it has been 2 weeks maximum since the first interview. We all wish that our cases are approved at the earliest. Let us also not forget that there are a lot of people waiting for their number to be current. So let's all hope for the best.
Well I am sure that we all check our status online n number of time each day. I am one of them. LDU for I-485 is 11/25. I am guessing that like EAD and AP the I-485 will go to the last stage once approved. I am just waiting for that to happen.

I have a theory simpleman and i2009. It could be true ... could be something else! I am thinking that whenever the file is accessed by the IO, it would probably update the LUD or whenever there is an addition to the file it shows a LUD. Reason: The day i did by biometrics i had an update on the LUD for the same day (I think it happened when my letter for biometrics was scanned at the field office - it caused an LUD). Then the next day i had another LUD. I am assuming the results from the FBI fingerprint check came back. For some cases, LUD changing could imply that the IO is waiting on something and is checking the file to see if it can proceed to next stage.

I read someone else had the concern too about EAD production ordered, and receiving it, and then going back to post-decision activity. I have no clue on that. Maybe after the production ordered, if the file is again opened by the IO, it automatically goes to post decision activity as a software issue! Just a possibility.

Hope everything is fine for all of us.

Maybe, Maybe not. How do you explain our status that had an LUD of 10/19 (day checks were cashed), which never changed until 11/24 (interview date). I got a txt that same evening about the status update to CPO for EAD although I-485 still at Acceptance. Yesterday, LUD went to 11/25, I'm assuming EADs were sent on that day.

Anyway, as someone said, let's try to relax and wait (hard to do, lol), afterall it's the USCIS, very unpredictable!!!

Maybe, Maybe not. How do you explain our status that had an LUD of 10/19 (day checks were cashed), which never changed until 11/24 (interview date). I got a txt that same evening about the status update to CPO for EAD although I-485 still at Acceptance. Yesterday, LUD went to 11/25, I'm assuming EADs were sent on that day.

Anyway, as someone said, let's try to relax and wait (hard to do, lol), afterall it's the USCIS, very unpredictable!!!

True: Maybe, Maybe not. The way i would try to explain it is by saying that not all field offices might be proactive about updating the system at each time. My LUDs are about the same as yours ... so our field office doesn't seem to be updating it that often. But true ... be patient my fellow DV winners.

LUD!!

Hi guys,

I just received txts about status update, when I checked the LUD is 12/01 and has gone back to Post Decision from CPO with an explanation that today a letter of EAD approval was sent and I should follow instructions.

Any ideas?

LUD!!

Hi guys,

I just received txts about status update, when I checked the LUD is 12/01 and has gone back to Post Decision from CPO with an explanation that today a letter of EAD approval was sent and I should follow instructions.

Any ideas?

I have had the same thing too. After the interview on the 19th the status was card ordered and after that I kept getting updates and status went back to post decision. My last update was 11/30 and it still says post decision whereas I received my card on 11/28. So there's nothing to worry about and besides the EAD I have not received any other notifications for EAD on the mail.

LUD!!

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Hi Daima,

Based on our experience i think that the LUD goes to "card prod. ordered" when they approve the EAD, then it goes to "post decision" the day they mail it out. That was true in my case and my wife's case for both the AP and the EAD.

It's amazing that we get those LUD's at night. I wonder if they actually work at night or do all these LUD's happen automatically when their computer system is set to update itself ???

LUD!!

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Me too ! just received a text message saying status changed, so I went on line and see "card production ordered" for EAD.

Hi Daima,

Based on our experience i think that the LUD goes to "card prod. ordered" when they approve the EAD, then it goes to "post decision" the day they mail it out. That was true in my case and my wife's case for both the AP and the EAD.

My case was similar too. My status changes went accordingly.

Hi Daima,

It's amazing that we get those LUD's at night. I wonder if they actually work at night or do all these LUD's happen automatically when their computer system is set to update itself ???

ooh, ok. Cool! lol about late night notifications! soo true.

Thanks all for replies!

Just an update - see signature. Waiting for biometric appointment notice now (havent received that yet).

Rejection Notice

Hi everybody,

I received my AOS package back with a I797C Rejection Notice,

It says that fallowing fields were not completed "Invalid Part 2 Application type other basis of Eligibility"

On the I-485 form part 2 , I checked for "h" Other basis of eligibility, and I wrote "DV 2010 SELECTEE" on the line below, since i am a lottery 2010 winner, I thought, that was the most logical option.

So my first question is, what is the correct answer for part 2 for a lottery winner

the second reason on the notice is
"Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to this address listed on the bottom of this notice.

The fallowing documents may be provided:

Your original Form I-130
Your original Form I-360

A copy of your Form I -797 if the petition has already been filed/approved or Other evidence that immigration visa pettion has been filed/approved on your behalf.
"

What does "priority date could not be established " mean ????

I am not filling for anybody else other not me.Not married no one from family.

I already got an infopass to see some one about this rejection, but I really want to hear an opinion from the forum

I m currently on h1b

I will appreciate your help

My status update: I recieved my travel document (2 copies) on Sat, Nov 28th, but haven't recieved EAD or interview appointment yet...

Where is our file ?

Hi Lucky2010,Iceman,Yaku,Linda555,Zapatos,Bordetin !
Like all of you, I am waiting for an interview letter, has anyone succeeded in knowing through the Field Office (by contacting them) that our case is physically at the field office ?