• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi guys,

Thanks for everyone who has wished me luck. I went to my interview about 30 minutes before my appointment time. There was only one other party in the waiting room. The officer took us in around 11:30 a.m. It was close to lunch time, so the meeting went quite quick. It probably lasted about 10 minutes. The officer said everything looked pretty good, so we don't need to

My congratulations!!!! You're almost there!!!!

Thank you for all your good wishes![/QUOTE]

Congratulations, Gagaun, no need to worry. As long as she approved you, your GC will be on its way soon.

Congrats on your soon to arrive GC! As we all can read there are different ways CP & USCIS officers are conducting an interview and when approved the way they handle it. My friend got her welcome letter and her passport stamped right away and 12 days later had her GC....it seems that it doesn't matter as long as you hear the words "APPROVED"!!!!:):):)

Hi i2009

Am sorry i was not around for two days...............to wish you Good luck for your interviw today, we
wating for good news !!! and congra for others who had interviwed already

It is ok if I send 2 money orders? The Currency Exchange doesn't take money orders bigger that $1,000. Can I send one for $1,000 and one for $10?
Thanks.

Guys,

guess what.....my wife had the interview today and i went with her. Lady on front desk told me that my interview letter for some reason was returned to their office.....( :mad: USPS) so they had my case ready and we both were interviewed. It took 20-25 minutes. We were asked only our IDs. Then officer was reading something and checking in our applications, asked about our current occupation, made sure that it was our signatures in the applications and said ....."I will recommend your case to be approved."
Then he told us that we would get our cards in 30-60days. Btw, he took our I-94s for some reason, is it ok?

Thanks all of you for your help.

It is ok if I send 2 money orders? The Currency Exchange doesn't take money orders bigger that $1,000. Can I send one for $1,000 and one for $10?
Thanks.

If you're going to send two separate ones, I suggest you send one in the amount of $930 for the AOS fee, and one for $80 for the biometrics fee. This will avoid any confusion.
Good luck.

Okay? What else did you want? Your approved!!!!!:):):)

If they tell you that your GC will be mailed that is a sign of being approved and taking your I-94 card taken is the second proof you got!:)

Congrats!

Hi all, haven't been here for a while. Looks like a lot of good news. Congrats to everyone with all the achievements!

I have a question.
I am applying for AOS, got my second letter from KCC, medical is done. My cut-off will be reached in April.
What is the next step? Send out AOS package?

Thanks all for help!

x2010x,

If you have a bank account I would advise that you send a personal check instead of money order.
First of all you can write any amount of check you want, second of all you will be able to see when they cash it. If there are more than one person applying make sure you send a separate check for each applicant.

Thanks.

Hi doxtyp,

My cut-off date is April also. I sent my package on February 8, 2010
they already cashed my checks i am waiting for NOAs.
Just make sure everything is ready, do not leave any unchecked boxes
in forms. Make sure double and triple check everything, finally make a copy
of everything you are sending and send it. If you have any questions do not
hesitate to ask somebody will answer them for you...

Hi all, haven't been here for a while. Looks like a lot of good news. Congrats to everyone with all the achievements!

I have a question.
I am applying for AOS, got my second letter from KCC, medical is done. My cut-off will be reached in April.

Thanks all for help!

Hi crucian,

Your cards are almost in your pockets.

Congratulations

Guys,

guess what.....my wife had the interview today and i went with her. Lady on front desk told me that my interview letter for some reason was returned to their office.....( :mad: USPS) so they had my case ready and we both were interviewed. It took 20-25 minutes. We were asked only our IDs. Then officer was reading something and checking in our applications, asked about our current occupation, made sure that it was our signatures in the applications and said ....."I will recommend your case to be approved."
Then he told us that we would get our cards in 30-60days. Btw, he took our I-94s for some reason, is it ok?

Interview Appointment

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the good wishes and for all the help. I really appreciate it.

The IO was very professional and nice. He asked lots of questions like when was the first time that we visited USA, what was the purpose of the trip, how many times did we visit USA, when was the last time that we entered the country, when did we get married, what do we do, etc. No question was asked about affidavit of support or wages, I guess it is because I submitted my employment letter. He didn't ask for my HS diploma either.

He checked that our names, children names, parent's names, date of births, etc were correct. He also checked that we kept status during the whole time.

Then he asked for documents like birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports, I-94s, extensions of H1B and H4s, evidence that my wife and I live in the same address (tax return, property taxes, home's deed, bank statements, etc). Most of these documents were already submitted in the AOS package.

The officer was glad that we got all the documentation and that we were very organized. He seemed surprised that we did know about the whole process even though no attorney represented us in this case (thanks to this forum).

Overall everything went well but there were two issues:

1) They were not aware that my daughter filed a petition, "fortunately" (thanks to all of you guys) she was with us; the IO told us to wait that he was going to try and find her file. After 5 minutes he returned with my daughter's file and mentioned that it was good that she was with us so another interview appointment was not necessary.

2) My employment-based AOS file was not there, it still is in the TSC (Texas Service Center). The IO said that it would take around 2 weeks for TSC to mail my file and that he needs to compare the two cases before the decision.

He said that everything looks good and that we should be receiving our GCs in 30 days.

That was it, now we have to wait and hope that our files are mailed from TSC soon.

Big thanks to everyone!

Hi guys,

Thanks for everyone who has wished me luck. I went to my interview about 30 minutes before my appointment time. There was only one other party in the waiting room. The officer took us in around 11:30 a.m. It was close to lunch time, so the meeting went quite quick. It probably lasted about 10 minutes. The officer said everything looked pretty good, so we don't need to spend a lot of time for it. I 1st said the oath and she asked to see my id, passport, i-94, H1B visa. She had questions about my passport and I answered them. She took my I-94 and H-1 visa and my old OPT card. She then went over my application form, asked about my address, birthday, parents' names, last time entering the country, etc., and the "yes" and "no" Have you ever questions. She was missing the page about what organizations that I belonged to, so I gave her another copy to file.

She then said as of Feb. 24, 2010. I am approved as the permanent resident of the USA and congratulations. She then told me that I should receive my card in about 4-6 weeks and not to do an info pass unless I do not hear from them for 120 days. She advised me not to travel until I get the green card. I mentioned to her that my brother is sick and I would like to go to see him outside of the country during summer time. She told me that I should be receiving the card in a few weeks and if there is an emergency, I can schedule an info pass to get a stamp for traveling.

Hope I will get the green card soon, so I can book air ticket before the price goes too high.

Thank you again for everyone's contributions on this forum and make the journey of AOS less stressful, less confusing, and not as lonely.

Thank you for all your good wishes!

Congratulations gagaun! What a nice interview. You will get your GC real soon.

Guys,

Congratulations crucian,

It is OK that the IO takes the I-94, I hope you get your GC soon.

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the good wishes and for all the help. I really appreciate it.

The IO was very professional and nice. He asked lots of questions like when was the first time that we visited USA, what was the purpose of the trip, how many times did we visit USA, when was the last time that we entered the country, when did we get married, what do we do, etc. No question was asked about affidavit of support or wages, I guess it is because I submitted my employment letter. He didn't ask for my HS diploma either.

He checked that our names, children names, parent's names, date of births, etc were correct. He also checked that we kept status during the whole time.

Then he asked for documents like birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports, I-94s, extensions of H1B and H4s, evidence that my wife and I live in the same address (tax return, property taxes, home's deed, bank statements, etc). Most of these documents were already submitted in the AOS package.

The officer was glad that we got all the documentation and that we were very organized. He seemed surprised that we did know about the whole process even though no attorney represented us in this case (thanks to this forum).

Overall everything went well but there were two issues:

1) They were not aware that my daughter filed a petition, "fortunately" (thanks to all of you guys) she was with us; the IO told us to wait that he was going to try and find her file. After 5 minutes he returned with my daughter's file and mentioned that it was good that she was with us so another interview appointment was not necessary.

2) My employment-based AOS file was not there, it still is in the TSC (Texas Service Center). The IO said that it would take around 2 weeks for TSC to mail my file and that he needs to compare the two cases before the decision.

He said that everything looks good and that we should be receiving our GCs in 30 days.

That was it, now we have to wait and hope that our files are mailed from TSC soon.

Big thanks to everyone!

Well, it looks like things went well. I don't think you should have anything to worry, I'm sure your other file will get there sooner than 2 weeks. I remember the IO in our case told us the file from KCC will take 2 weeks or so but it took a few days. I'm sure you'll get a status update soon. Congratulations!

Guys,

That's great! Congratulations!

I have a question.

Thanks all for help!

Did you pay the AOS fee to DOS (Department of State)?