• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Yaku, good luck in your interview tomorrow. Let us know how it went when you got the chance.

Yaku, goodluck on your interview, too. Can't keep up with all the interview dates, lol. It's a good thing to many though. Will be waiting for the interview details

Hello Everyone,

I had the interview today, and my case has been approved. It was very easy, it took 10 minutes, after the oath the person verified the information on my application, changed my address since I moved in the mean time, and I got the approval. Tonight I receive an email saying that my case status has been changed and the current status is: Card production ordered. Looks like I'm going to have it! I have a really hard time realizing what's happening to me, after years dreaming about this.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help, this year and all the previous years with the great archives that we can read now. All the best for everyone that is going to get their interview soon!

Thank you so much again!

This is such wonderful news.... Congratulations!!!

Good Luck for any one who has a interview coming up and to i2009....kids are no problem to be taken to USCIS. Many people are sitting there and waiting for their interview and have small kids with them.

We took them many times to the consulate and never had to bring them but it made everything go way smoother to bring them since we heard others we asked questions about their kids and in our case they always asked the kids their name and who their parents were and that was all...nothing you have to discuss with your kids because they know the answer:)

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow i2009!!

Thank you cm1979, cooldude, middle.com, bentlebee and everyone. I really appreciate it. I think that I have everything ready, now I am waiting and trying to be positive.

Thanks again for all the support

Hello everyone,

I am a DV 2010 selectee reside in suburbs of Philadelphia, PA, my family on the other hand live overseas.
I am grandfathered under 245i (this means I have an approved Labor Certification filed on or before
April 30, 2001 more or less I am legal here as long as I stay here and I am eligible to apply for Adjustment
of Status) Until recently I had a pending Employment Based 3 application (pending since April 2004)
I withdrew that application the same day I sent the DV Package to Chicago Lockbox. Since my family
members are not here, first I will do AOS here than I will apply for my family a follow-to-join diversity
visa application in US Embassy overseas.
I have been following this forum as a guest almost since it was started. After my checks were cashed
It was time for me to join the forum as a member. First of all, I thank each and every one of you for your
postings and for your positive inputs. I especially thank as far as I can remember cooldude, daima, i2009,
iceman, bentelbee and the ones I cannot remember at the moment. I also would like to thank the host
of the forum Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna and his staff.

I will post my sample cover letter later on so that it may be helpful for future applicants.

Thanks again especially to those of you still sticking around after getting your cards.
By the way i2009 I wish you a pleasant interview, hope you get your card soon after.

Hi guys,

Thanks for everyone who has wished me luck. I went to my interview about 30 minutes before my appointment time. There was only one other party in the waiting room. The officer took us in around 11:30 a.m. It was close to lunch time, so the meeting went quite quick. It probably lasted about 10 minutes. The officer said everything looked pretty good, so we don't need to spend a lot of time for it. I 1st said the oath and she asked to see my id, passport, i-94, H1B visa. She had questions about my passport and I answered them. She took my I-94 and H-1 visa and my old OPT card. She then went over my application form, asked about my address, birthday, parents' names, last time entering the country, etc., and the "yes" and "no" Have you ever questions. She was missing the page about what organizations that I belonged to, so I gave her another copy to file.

She then said as of Feb. 24, 2010. I am approved as the permanent resident of the USA and congratulations. She then told me that I should receive my card in about 4-6 weeks and not to do an info pass unless I do not hear from them for 120 days. She advised me not to travel until I get the green card. I mentioned to her that my brother is sick and I would like to go to see him outside of the country during summer time. She told me that I should be receiving the card in a few weeks and if there is an emergency, I can schedule an info pass to get a stamp for traveling.

Hope I will get the green card soon, so I can book air ticket before the price goes too high.

Thank you again for everyone's contributions on this forum and make the journey of AOS less stressful, less confusing, and not as lonely.

Thank you for all your good wishes!

Hi guys,

Thanks for everyone who has wished me luck. I went to my interview about 30 minutes before my appointment time. There was only one other party in the waiting room. The officer took us in around 11:30 a.m. It was close to lunch time, so the meeting went quite quick. It probably lasted about 10 minutes. The officer said everything looked pretty good, so we don't need to spend a lot of time for it. I 1st said the oath and she asked to see my id, passport, i-94, H1B visa. She had questions about my passport and I answered them. She took my I-94 and H-1 visa and my old OPT card. She then went over my application form, asked about my address, birthday, parents' names, last time entering the country, etc., and the "yes" and "no" Have you ever questions. She was missing the page about what organizations that I belonged to, so I gave her another copy to file.

She then said as of Feb. 24, 2010. I am approved as the permanent resident of the USA and congratulations. She then told me that I should receive my card in about 4-6 weeks and not to do an info pass unless I do not hear from them for 120 days. She advised me not to travel until I get the green card. I mentioned to her that my brother is sick and I would like to go to see him outside of the country during summer time. She told me that I should be receiving the card in a few weeks and if there is an emergency, I can schedule an info pass to get a stamp for traveling.

Hope I will get the green card soon, so I can book air ticket before the price goes too high.

Thank you again for everyone's contributions on this forum and make the journey of AOS less stressful, less confusing, and not as lonely.

Congrats gagaun for such a great interview. The waiting is about to end as very soon you will receive your gc. once again congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone,

I had the interview today, and my case has been approved. It was very easy, it took 10 minutes, after the oath the person verified the information on my application, changed my address since I moved in the mean time, and I got the approval. Tonight I receive an email saying that my case status has been changed and the current status is: Card production ordered. Looks like I'm going to have it! I have a really hard time realizing what's happening to me, after years dreaming about this.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help, this year and all the previous years with the great archives that we can read now. All the best for everyone that is going to get their interview soon!

Thank you so much again!

congratulations Lematt for being approved right away, now you can relax!!!

Thank you bentlebee. Your input is certainly reassuring. Guess now that I have sent the AOS packet I am getting tensed. Now all I need to do is wait patiently and pray all goes well.

CN: 2010AF00031XXX
04/27/09: Received 1st letter from KCC
05/05/09: Forms sent to KCC
05/05/09: DV fees to DOS
05/18/09: Revceived payment receipt from KCC
06/20/09: Received 2nd letter from KCC
02/1/10: Medicals done
02/05/10: Number current on visa bulletin for April.
02/18/10: Sent AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox.
02/19/10: Packet received at 11:00am

Gagaun,
Congratulations on your successful interview. I hope you get your card soon...

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

......Hope I will get the green card soon, so I can book air ticket before the price goes too high.

Congratulations!!!

Yaku, good luck in your interview tomorrow. Let us know how it went when you got the chance.

Thanks i2009..!! Tomorrow is our day my friend ... YESSS..!!

I have been so busy this last days that I didn't have time to sit down and feel the "butterflies on my tummy".
Now me and my wife have been checking all the papers and putting everything in order on a folder and yes... we are nervous but confident and happy.

I will post my details as soon as I can.

Hi guys,

Thanks for everyone who has wished me luck. I went to my interview about 30 minutes before my appointment time.
She then said as of Feb. 24, 2010. I am approved as the permanent resident of the USA and congratulations. She then told me that I should receive my card in about 4-6 weeks and not to do an info pass unless I do not hear from them for 120 days.

Congrats gagaun. Hope you get the notification of card production soon. So she approved you but no letter and no stamp? Well hopefully that would not be important in a weeks time as you should hopefully hear some good news. All the best till the end.:eek: