• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Okay. I had my interview on Jan 25. I strongly believe my file has been sent from KCC to the local office because I saw that the IO had my file open in front of me during that day.
4 weeks now.... interview went fine...you know what, she even told me she will process my case in that afternoon...but until now....

Hi drake,

The file you saw with the IO was the file you submitted to the Chicago office. The file at the KCC is different ... it has the info you sent to the KCC like form DSPxxx. It also has your payment info for the DV fees and other things. So that is why i suggested to call and check with KCC when did they send the file. This way you know for sure and the next time when you go you try to get to talk to the IO dealing with your case ... although i hope you hear good news before having to do that. If, and I hope that doesn't happen, the next trip is not pleasant at the field office then maybe you can check with the senators office. All the best.

2010 - AOS. Name on Birth certificate differs.

Hi Everybody,

I stumbled on this site like 2 days ago and have seen some real useful communication taking place. This site is really good.

I have recently submitted in my AOS papers to Chicago Lockbox and awaiting a reply.

I have a query if someone can help me I would be much obliged.

My Birth Certificate has my name spelt differently from all other documents and I have 3 names on my birth certificate but only used first and middle name on all other documents like school, passport, I - 94, drivers license, DV application etc. There is no problem with the family name.

eg of my problem. First name Catherine on Birth Certificate on rest of documents spelt Katherine.

Marriage certificate and childs birth certificate has my name spelt with "C" like birth certificate and also features my 3rd name.

My DV 2010 has the name as per my passport. Filed AOS with the same name.

1) When USCIS processes my AOS file will this cause an issue?
2) Should I expect an RFE?
3) How do I go about correcting this problem ?
4) My earliest certificate with the name like that in my school, passport cert. etc is the hospital certificate that has my name spelt the way I presently spell it. Will this help incase of an RFE? Would I have to make an affidavit in US swearing that both names on stated documents belong to me.

Would appreciate anybody with similar experience sharing their input.

CN: 2010AF00031XXX
04/27/09: Received 1st letter from KCC
05/05/09: Forms sent to KCC
05/05/09: DV fees to DOS
05/18/09: Revceived payment receipt from KCC
06/20/09: Received 2nd letter from KCC
02/1/10: Medicals done
02/05/10: Number current on visa bulletin for April.
02/18/10: Sent AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox.
02/19/10: Packet received at 11:00am

Thank you.

Hello Everybody,

Today I went to my interview, with the Philadelphia traffic I was there barely on time. We checked in and I was just sitting an officer called my name which was very strange. "No waiting" Can you believe. Officer looked and acted very professionally and polite but it seemed that he was in a hurry. He quickly started asking questions name, DOB, where was I born, "are these kids yours?" and also those regular questions like ever been involved in drug, terrorism, arrested and all. He asked the original of the waiver approval form (I was once J1 and waived the two year rule) He also asked if I am employed and I gave him my recent pay stub and a letter from my boss dated for yesterday. He told us that everything seems okay and if there is no problem we will receive our cards in 30 days. Woo!!! I was shocked, still trying to put my documents in place he thanked us and it was over. We were in and out in 7-8 minutes.
But wait, it gets better. On my way home, my wife was driving and I checked my e-mails from my phone and boom, I had two e-mails from USCIS one for my case and one for my wife's case saying "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED"

QUOTE]

Congratulations!!! Such an excellent news......

Today i got 2 text messages from USCIS notifying us that card production was ordered for my wife and i.
Strangely enough my wife also received a voicemail from the IO who interviewed us letting us know that he received our file from the KCC and he ordered production of the card !!!!!!! I really did not expect a phonecall.

Good luck i2009 on your interview tomorrow. I hope it goes smooth.

Congratulations ICE MAN!!!

This is great ICE MAN, you will get your cards in no time. There were great news today in this thread. Way to go!

Thanks for your good wishes. My interview is on Thursday. I'll share my interview experience as soon as I can. I am getting very nervous right now!

Congratulations!!!

Good luck i2009!!! I hope your interview goes smoothly.

What a day filled with wonderful news. Congrats to all of you. You give us such hope :)
Best of luck to everyone who's still in the process.

Hello Everyone,

I had the interview today, and my case has been approved. It was very easy, it took 10 minutes, after the oath the person verified the information on my application, changed my address since I moved in the mean time, and I got the approval. Tonight I receive an email saying that my case status has been changed and the current status is: Card production ordered. Looks like I'm going to have it! I have a really hard time realizing what's happening to me, after years dreaming about this.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help, this year and all the previous years with the great archives that we can read now. All the best for everyone that is going to get their interview soon!

Thank you so much again!

Lematt,

Congratulations...I will have my interview in the morning. I hope mine will go smoothly like yours too.

Hello Everybody,

Today I went to my interview, with the Philadelphia traffic I was there barely on time. We checked in and I was just sitting an officer called my name which was very strange. "No waiting" Can you believe. Officer looked and acted very professionally and polite but it seemed that he was in a hurry. He quickly started asking questions name, DOB, where was I born, "are these kids yours?" and also those regular questions like ever been involved in drug, terrorism, arrested and all. He asked the original of the waiver approval form (I was once J1 and waived the two year rule) He also asked if I am employed and I gave him my recent pay stub and a letter from my boss dated for yesterday. He told us that everything seems okay and if there is no problem we will receive our cards in 30 days. Woo!!! I was shocked, still trying to put my documents in place he thanked us and it was over. We were in and out in 7-8 minutes.
But wait, it gets better. On my way home, my wife was driving and I checked my e-mails from my phone and boom, I had two e-mails from USCIS one for my case and one for my wife's case saying "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED"

I'd like to thank and appreciate everyone here in this post trying to help others and best of luck to the ones still waiting.

Woow, that's great news. You should relax now, your card will arrive by next week. Congratulations, am so happy for you!

Today i got 2 text messages from USCIS notifying us that card production was ordered for my wife and i.
Strangely enough my wife also received a voicemail from the IO who interviewed us letting us know that he received our file from the KCC and he ordered production of the card !!!!!!! I really did not expect a phonecall.

Good luck i2009 on your interview tomorrow. I hope it goes smooth.

Greaat! Congratulations. I'm happy a lot of cases are going smoothly.

Hello Everyone,

I had the interview today, and my case has been approved. It was very easy, it took 10 minutes, after the oath the person verified the information on my application, changed my address since I moved in the mean time, and I got the approval. Tonight I receive an email saying that my case status has been changed and the current status is: Card production ordered. Looks like I'm going to have it! I have a really hard time realizing what's happening to me, after years dreaming about this.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help, this year and all the previous years with the great archives that we can read now. All the best for everyone that is going to get their interview soon!

Thank you so much again!

Congratulations, you should receive your card very soon.

i2009, this is for you, Good luck tomorrowwww! Can't wait to hear about your interview, I hope it goes smoothly!

Don't worry too much. My friends b-day was wrong when entered into the lottery. By mistake her birth year was switched with her sibling and couldn't be eligible due to being so young he couldn't have finished his HS.
Of course she was very worried when she found out after she won the NL that this was the case and she only found out since KCC told her they didn't have any one by her name and case# with her b-day and she was allowed to guess one more b-day which she guessed wrong....she called back and guess 2 more times, wrong...then called back and used her day and month but her siblings birth year and they told her "bingo"....so from that moment on she mentioned that date and sent proof of her b-day and her siblings b-day and explained what must have gone wrong.

She never got any answers or questions about it, not even at the interview since all her papers (Int. birth cerificate, HS diploma, SSN, passport, DL, etc.) all had her correct b-day.

So don't worry and btw she also has 2 middle names and only 1 can be used when you enter the lottery since the in the US most common is that a person has a first name and 1 middle name...in Europe many have 2 or 3 middle names...and the C or K spelling shouldn't matter since many will write the same name different...:)

Congratulations ayataf, I am very happy for you. This is great news! I am sure that you will receive your GC in a week.

I have a question for you, you mentioned about your kids, did they receive interview appointments? If not, did they allow them to get inside? I have a 8yo daughter who did not receive an interview appointment, I talked to an immigration attorney and she says that it is not needed that my daughter goes to the interview.

Congratulations again, you are almost there!!!!!

i2009,

I have two kids 2 and 4 years old but they both are American citizens however we were not able to find a baby sitter for them that's why they were with us during the interview. They did not have interview appointment. I think you can go with your daughter as well it won't hurt but help.

Good luck in the interview

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much again!

Congrats!!! Your case moved also pretty fast...we have similar case numbers but I sent my package a little later but looks like I may be able to finish also within 2-3 month....

Good luck to i2009 and the others who have their interviews this week!!!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much again!

Congratulations lematt,

Yesterday was certainly a good day! Very happy for all of you guys.

i2009, this is for you, Good luck tomorrowwww! Can't wait to hear about your interview, I hope it goes smoothly!

Thank you very much Daima, I will write about my interview as soon as I come back from the interview.

Thanks again for all your help and support!

i2009,

I have two kids 2 and 4 years old but they both are American citizens however we were not able to find a baby sitter for them that's why they were with us during the interview. They did not have interview appointment. I think you can go with your daughter as well it won't hurt but help.

Good luck in the interview

Thank you ayataf, I will take my daughter to the interview. If school is closed tomorrow (due to the snow storm) I will take my son as well.

Thanks for the good wishes to you, gg99, thomen, and everyone!