• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Pls,is d second dose of hepatitis immunization cumpulsosy?because kamoras asked me 2 bring photostat copy when coming for the second dose,(and they said d photostat was for our personal use).pls i want 2 know if its cumpulsory as it was not stated on d medical requirement in d 2nd nl.tanx

At last!

I had a successful interview today.It's so smooth and easy going.Thanks be to God Almighty.Details will be posted later and good luck to the rest still waiting.

At last!!!!

I had a successful interview today.It's so smooth and easy going.Thanks be to God Almighty.Details will be posted later and good luck to the rest still waiting.

Benzobenzo,good things come to those who wait, the waiting was so long and sometimes it was so unbearable, but this joy you now have will be forever,enjoy it,many congratulation,cheers.:cool::cool:

Do all you have to do

Pls,is d second dose of hepatitis immunization cumpulsosy?because kamoras asked me 2 bring photostat copy when coming for the second dose,(and they said d photostat was for our personal use).pls i want 2 know if its cumpulsory as it was not stated on d medical requirement in d 2nd nl.tanx

Luigi,please do not try to cut corners not even at this closing stage of the DV2009,please ensure you have all your medicals done whether you think it is compulsory or not,whatever was stipulated to be done JUST DO IT!!!,here is wishing you all the best for the 25th,NOTHING CAN STOP YOU!!,all the very best.cheers.;);)

Be yourself

Hi guys in the house, my interview comes up 2morow. Pls I need ur prayers. Although I've not completed my medicals, the hospital asked me to come back for my hepatitis immunisation on 3rd Sept which is a date after my interview, I hope this has nothing to do with my interview, pls my pple talk to me oh, am a bit nervous.

Thanks a lot for all ur contributions. God is God!

As you have already started the medical i dont think this should be a problem,as you go for the interview 2morrow, Heaven has already favour you, your ministry angel who is the CO appointed by God is waiting for you to hand you the visa, all you have to do is turn up, smile and be yourself because you already have it in you,It IS AN OPEN DOOR WALK THROUGH IT!, waiting in ernest to celebrate with you,cheers.:cool::cool:

Congratulations to you... I pray for great news like this in da house!!! Goodluck in all your endeavors!!!!```

Congrats Benzo

Congrats Benzo, finally ur joy is complete. The house rejoices with you, and prays for more testimonies as others fall in line. Congrats

Sept 30TH or Date on visa??

I just want to be sure, so as not to assume. The DV2009 fiscal yr ends Sept 30th 2009. Is sept 30th the deadline for entering the USA or the expiry date on the immigrant visa? I am working with the deadline on my visa (November), but i do not want to take any chances, having come thus far. Pls reply!

Congrats brother,
Glory to God Almighty.
Truly, its news like this we need often, mine is a week from today(17/08), came into Lagos yesterday. All the best in ur way to the US.
Do keep up the good work for those in que, n keep us posted as promised.

here it is.

I just want to be sure, so as not to assume. The DV2009 fiscal yr ends Sept 30th 2009. Is sept 30th the deadline for entering the USA or the expiry date on the immigrant visa? I am working with the deadline on my visa (November), but i do not want to take any chances, having come thus far. Pls reply!

You have till the last day on ur visa which is 6months to conclude ur travelling arrangement and relocate to US but do not wait till end of the 6th month, u never know.... there could be travelling delays here and there, try and leave b4 30 days to expiration of ur visa. Goodluck man.

I feel so happy whenever I read all these success stories from members in the house. God is there after all. Benzobenzo, congratulations on your success. Always remember the rest of us waiting for our turn for the fiscal year 2010, in your prayers. A very big congratulations to you once again. Wish u an enjoyable and smooth relocation to the United States.

my experience

Thank you all for your congratulatory messages.Highly appreciated.I arrived at the US embassy,lagos by 5 am.I was the second person.At exactly 7am,we were asked to form a queue.I was the forth person on the queue (It's not first come first serve) .I submitted my Invitation letter and Tally no. 4 was given to me.The first screening exercise was conducted and we were asked to go in.(There is heavy security).Payment was made($775 or #124,000).I had to wait for about two hours before I was called to window 11.Everybody interviewed by the chinese lady at window 11 had a successful interview.I said to myself that mine was not going to be an enception.The interview went thus:
Co:Goodmorning Sir.
me:Goodmorning.
co:You are here because you won the dv 2009 lottery visa.
me:yes.
co:Are you ready to say the truth and nothing but the truth?
me.Yes I do(Nodding my head)
co:Lift your right hand and swear.....
me:I did.
co:what's your name
Me:Bla
co:when and where were you born?
Me:blabla
co:what's your highest level of educaton?
me:Blabla
co:I don't know much about your fied of study,can you explain to me what's all about?
Me:Bla bla bla bla bla and bla
co:That's fine
Me:Thanks
co:you carried out any practical work and if yes what was it all about?
Me:stories still.
co:Good.
Me"Thanks.
Co:what was your best course?
Me:Bla
co:please explain what's it all about
me:Blablablabla....
co:You wrote a project in your finals?
me:yes
co:what's the title?
Me:Blabla
co:smiled and said interesting.
me:Thanks
Co:can you tell more about your project work?
Me:more stories
co:was smiling and left her seat for a green sheet of paper
me:Just watching but was comfortable.
co:Now,tell me how many were you in the class.
me:Bla
co:How many couses did you do in your finals
me:Can't remember.It's been long(Just to avoid telling lies)
co:can you estimate?
me:eek:k,ok,ok.Blabla
co:welcome to USA and come next week to pick up your "koko".plz do not come here,the address is written on the form.
me:Thanks and what's the name?
co:laughs but no response.
me:left with so much joy.

Having waited for close to 15 months after I recieved my first notification letter,I was actually happy.Please try and say the truth.They are so smart.Be confident and go on time.The best of luck!

P R A I S E THE LORRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!

Hi my pple in d house. I went for my interview yesterday and had a successful one. I was nervous initially, but men let me tell u, it was a wonderful interview session. I hope to keep d house posted abt the details very soon. Meanwhile, I'll like to advice those who have not gone for the interview to get their documents ready and in order, also note that u should go with at least one complete set photocopy of d documents u want to attach(I mean ur certificates/diplomas). Some guys were sent out to make copies when I went for my interview, u know this kind of a thing may not disqualify u but may distablise u, so be prepared. Really there is nothing to be afraid of, just be urself and be truthful.

I bless GOD for HIS faithfullness and also thank you all for ur comments, suggestions, and advice. Bammyrichie, Aywire, 4real4u, Dotman, all of u, am really grateful. Thanks. I'll be picking up my visa next week. More gists to come on the interview.

Hi my pple in d house. I went for my interview yesterday and had a successful one. I was nervous initially, but men let me tell u, it was a wonderful interview session. I hope to keep d house posted abt the details very soon. Meanwhile, I'll like to advice those who have not gone for the interview to get their documents ready and in order, also note that u should go with at least one complete set photocopy of d documents u want to attach(I mean ur certificates/diplomas). Some guys were sent out to make copies when I went for my interview, u know this kind of a thing may not disqualify u but may distablise u, so be prepared. Really there is nothing to be afraid of, just be urself and be truthful.

I bless GOD for HIS faithfullness and also thank you all for ur comments, suggestions, and advice. Bammyrichie, Aywire, 4real4u, Dotman, all of u, am really grateful. Thanks. I'll be picking up my visa next week. More gists to come on the interview.

Thanks be to the almighty for His mercies. It's great to hear such good news from fellow forumers, these are the sort of encouragements we need. I know the good Lord who made a way for you will see you through your journey and stay in the US.

congrats bammyrichie, wow the long journey is now over. I wonder if the lady in window 10 interviewed only DV applicants. We are yet to hear from Riche D, i pray its good news as well

Hey Smalllacrimose, I haven't been on this forum for some time now due to the fact that I've been up to my neck in work. My boy's interview is coming up august 24. The kid is getting geared up for the D-day. I pray the good Lord be with him on that day. I'm also calling on the members of this honorable house to wish him success.
Kamorass says my boy should show up for a follow-up Hepatitis innoculation soonest. Cheers y'all.

Hey Smalllacrimose, I haven't been on this forum for some time now due to the fact that I've been up to my neck in work. My boy's interview is coming up august 24. The kid is getting geared up for the D-day. I pray the good Lord be with him on that day. I'm also calling on the members of this honorable house to wish him success.
Kamorass says my boy should show up for a follow-up Hepatitis innoculation soonest. Cheers y'all.

Richie, Goodluck to your boy!!!! :) Looking foward to hearing the great news.

Praise God for you..... Happy for the great news.......

October Bullentin is out

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,300 Except: Egypt 3,100
Ethiopia 3,900
Nigeria 5,500
ASIA 7,000
EUROPE 9,100
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2

OCEANIA 375
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 450

D. EMPLOYMENT FOURTH, AND EMPLOYMENT FOURTH CERTAIN RELIGIOUS WORKER,
VISA AVAILABILITY FOR SEPTEMBER

Heavy applicant demand for numbers in the Employment Fourth, and Employment Fourth Certain Religious Worker, categories has resulted in their becoming “Unavailable” for September. This “Unavailable” status will take effect immediately for August because the annual limit for those categories has been reached. Therefore, no further requests for numbers in those categories can be processed during FY-2009.

The Employment Fourth preference can be expected to return to a “Current” status for October, the first month of the new fiscal year. The Employment Fourth Certain Religious Workers category is currently scheduled to expire on September 30, 2009, and future availability will depend on legislative action.

G. OBTAINING THE MONTHLY VISA BULLETIN

The Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs offers the monthly "Visa Bulletin" on the INTERNET'S WORLDWIDE WEB. The INTERNET Web address to access the Bulletin is:

Alleluia!!!!!

To tell you the truth i was so worried yesterday when we did not hear anything from you, humanly speaking my one consolation was that He is Able to fulfill what He promise, Glory be to God in the highest that He stood over His word to perform it, i rejoice with you my dear brother,ENJOY IT,This is the LOrd's doing,many congratulation, cheers.:cool::cool: