• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

congrats

Hi guys,i believe most of the things am about to write about concerning events before my real interview would be quite different from what most of you guys are used to.Am a Ghanaian and therefore had my CP in Accra,but i still believe some Ghanaians are also on this thread and may benefit from it as well.Before i move on i would like to say a big thanks to all you lovely guys on this thread.I take off my hats for you,esp Bammyrichie(all the best my man next week).I had a very successful interview which lasted less than 2 mins(trust me am not exaggerating) 3 days ago and would love to share it with everybody on here,including DV2010 winners and beyond.Let me just bore u guys with all that went on before the main interview,otherwise I would have very little to talk about.I got to the embassy premises at abt 6am( which I realized was quite too early),but hey theres no harm in being there too early and not being late.I met one couple there upon arrival and we were told by the security guys to hang around the round-about area.Most people started arriving from 6.30am.At around 7.15am,we were called to queue in front of the entrance to the main building.We formed 2 diff queues;one for NIV applicants and the other for IV and DV applicants.The security guy asked us to show our appointment letters with the dates and time and he ticked our names on his list accordingly.We entered through the gates and went through all the security formalities.All fones and electronic gadgets were collected and we were given number tags which we used to reclaim our fones and stuffs when leaving the building.We then entered the main interview hall and were asked to place our appointment letters at window2.i believe it was in this order that we were eventually called for the interviews.We were later called up to window2 by a GH lady in batches(bcos we were too many to be called there in one piece).She briefed us about what we were going to go through at the embassy.She also gave us 2 diff sheets of paper each.On one of them,we were to indicate by ticking whether we qualify for the DV visa based on our EDUCATION OR OCCUPATION, and on the back sheet you tick whether single,married,have children and all that.NB:it is written clearly on that sheet that anybody who entered the E-DV programme when he/she was married,but did not include his/her spouse but included their names when filling the DS forms back to KCC will be DENIED THE VISA.The other sheet contained the list of fees and all that.
After this we were told to go and pay the fees;$775,( embassy rate $1-C1.40),which is NON-REFUNDABLE, after completing that form.Another GH lady called me to window2,where she asked me to present all my docs and the receipt.I gave her all my docs but she took only those the embassy needed and returned the rest to me.These are the docs she took;birth cert,police cert,SSCE cert,KNUST cert,medical results(sealed),docs from my sponsor(AOS,tax return forms,pay-slips),and 1 passport photo(same as the one I submitted to KCC).After this,I was told to go and sit down again.I was called back to window1 by another GH lady who took my fingerprints and told me to get seated.I was the 3rd person to be called for interview at about 8.30am.(All this am saying concerns only DV and IV applicants and not NIV).I was called to window3 by a white lady,who had just refused a woman and her son.I think they were IV applicants,whose husband had filed for her and the son.This is what transpired when I got to the window…CO- consular officer
CO- Good Morning
ME-Good moring
CO-She raised her hand and said, you are here to prove that you qualify for a DV visa based on your education and you swear to say the truth
ME- yes I do
CO-which year did you complete KNUST
ME-2007
CO-which degree did u get
ME-B.Sc xxxx
CO-what are you doing right now
ME-I completed my national service and still looking for a job.At this juncture,I saw her taking a blue slip,which had VISA COLLECTION SHEET written on it.
CO-who is xxx(referring to my sponsor)
ME- my auntie
CO-well, congratulations,come back next week on the date indicated on the pick-up slip at 8am
ME-OK,thank you.
Go guys,can you all join me in praising God for this miracle.Trust me,I didn’t spent up to 2 minutes in front of the CO.HALLELUYAH,THANK YOU JESUS.Just be very confident and look straight at the CO when talking to them and rehearse whatever you plan to say at the interview.I really do hope this piece I have written helps all and sundry.Thanx guys.I will always try and be around to be of help to others if the need be.

congrats Bro......you shuld be a very happy man,coz its not easy and not many pple get An American VISA ...im happy for you and dont forget this forum..check ur inbox i got some questions Queries

Change of address of sponsor.

Pls I need someone to advise me on what to do. My sponsor in d USA just changed his address in d US and considering d fact that I'll be going for the interview in the next One week, what do u advise I do? Do I send a mail to KCC and even if I've to, can someone pls help me wt their email address so I can inform them on time. Meanwhile I hope to go wt the email my sponsor sent to me to d embassy as a proof, what do u think guys? Pls someone shld respond urgently. Tanx.

em... u don't need to tell the consular all that just concentrate on getting your visa Ok, i changed my host completely when i got to the US last year, u will be asked at the port of entry if u wanna change your address or not, that is where u will do the change, dont worry about that just get the visa u dont need to stay too long in front of the consular let him just ask u what he wanna ask and u get the pick up form that's it, they know change is continuous so that ain't no problem at all.
Success wishes bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats Bro......you shuld be a very happy man,coz its not easy and not many pple get An American VISA ...im happy for you and dont forget this forum..check ur inbox i got some questions Queries
thanx bruv,but i couldnt find ur message in ma inbox.all the best though...just remember God in all u do.

Life in USA.

Hello all in the house, i just want to know more about the issue of job in USA and the life experience for someone coming with his family for the first time. Can someone get a job within few months after arriving usa when i mean job , a job someone can just use to sustain his family till when God will provide the right job in my profession.

Please i need someone over there to tell me more..

my gud friend, a big KONGRATULATION 2u, infact i also know that u are a guru indeed. so when are u planning to leave? i told u that u still time then so did u see it now...

My bros. thanks very much. I am planning to leave by October by the special grace of God.I still need to do somethings b4 leaving.
I heard that they will give me packet to take with me,So I don't know if this will be given to me at the time am picking up the visa or latter and can I know what is it all about?
Although, I will still ask those people who gave me this info. (I, got it from www.bbsnetting.com forum).
Thanks I will be expecting to hear from you.

Cheers bye and God bless.

Be prepped....

Hello all in the house, i just want to know more about the issue of job in USA and the life experience for someone coming with his family for the first time. Can someone get a job within few months after arriving usa when i mean job , a job someone can just use to sustain his family till when God will provide the right job in my profession.

Please i need someone over there to tell me more..

i ain't tryna scare u bro. but be prepped for the worse, ur wife even stands more chance of getting a job than u, ask anybody, so try and get some money too, the economy is getting better but most people have not really felt it including me...lol it's tough ooo, so get it. Medical line keeps hiring and others are so slow. really slow. It's better to be lucky than to be smart, many smart guys are out there, good luck.

Congrat,
i wish u all d best in life as u move 2d state.
thanks 4 wishing me success in my interview.

Dear Bammyrichie,
The die has been cast, am sure you are anxious for a positive result tomorrow, i just want to urge you to be strong, take your time n review your docs ones more, be confident in your self, above all put God first.
Best of luck tomorrow Man n fire us the good news ones you are done.
Chal..:)

Dear Bammyrichie,
The die has been cast, am sure you are anxious for a positive result tomorrow, i just want to urge you to be strong, take your time n review your docs ones more, be confident in your self, above all put God first.
Best of luck tomorrow Man n fire us the good news ones you are done.
Chal..:)
Bammyrichie, May almighty God see you through and success will be urs by the special grace of God, Amen.

Please, put God first and He will surely see you through.

Cheers bye, hoping to recieve a good news tommorow.

Hey!

hey Bammyrichie!!! go the Lord is with you, you will be back to share your success tomorrow by God's grace-amen
Forza!!!

Hello guys, thanks for all ur contributions in the house. My interview is coming up on the 11th August by God's Grace, pls remember me in ur prayers. I'll definitely come back to share my testimony.

gud guys this is my story
firstly my interview was just too ok,
i got to the embassy by 06:45am i join the long queue, at some minute i enter the first gate to confirm my appointment with a tag given to me and a number on it
after that i went to the second gate for screening and after that to join the numerous queue and made the payment. after that, i was called inside by window6 for submission of both the original and photocopy documents. after that i was asked to sit and wait for when my number would be called. several hours passed before i was called to window12 for interview by a chinese lady.
co: good morning.
me: good morning.
co: ....
me: ....
it went on and on then the shocking part is that i was asked 6*8, what is a verb?, examples of it and 6*5. i was also asked questions concerning my result and course of study. my best course and the lecturers that offer the course, what was my project all about and so on,i was also asked if am married and i have kids????????? alot to talk but few to write......... i was handed over my document to pick my visa next week.
you are next to receive your own.
pls pray that the woman in window 10 not to interview u b'cos all the people she interviewed was all denied or reschedule the appointment.

pls the interview is ALWAYS SIMPLE, EASY JUST RELAX THEY ARE HUMAN BEING TOO.

wow, am so happy for uuuuuuuu, been waiting for this wonderful post from uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I wish u goodluck in all ur endeavours... dont forget to be back to this forum to assist with answers okay... And also, update us and give us tips of how to begin in USA okay? Goodluck once again

Cheers

i got to the embassy by 06:45am i join the long queue, at some minute i enter the first gate to confirm my appointment with a tag given to me and a number on it
after that i went to the second gate for screening and after that to join the numerous queue and made the payment. after that, i was called inside by window6 for submission of both the original and photocopy documents. after that i was asked to sit and wait for when my number would be called. several hours passed before i was called to window12 for interview by a chinese lady.
it went on and on then the shocking part is that i was asked 6*8, what is a verb?, examples of it and 6*5. i was also asked questions concerning my result and course of study. my best course and the lecturers that offer the course, what was my project all about and so on,i was also asked if am married and i have kids????????? alot to talk but few to write......... i was handed over my document to pick my visa next week.
pls pray that the woman in window 10 not to interview u b'cos all the people she interviewed was all denied or reschedule the appointment.

wow, am so happy for uuuuuuuu, been waiting for this wonderful post from uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I wish u goodluck in all ur endeavours... dont forget to be back to this forum to assist with answers okay... And also, update us and give us tips of how to begin in USA okay? Goodluck once again

Cheers

congrats bammyrichie, wow the long journey is now over. I wonder if the lady in window 10 interviewed only DV applicants. We are yet to hear from Riche D, i pray its good news as well

I am so so happy for you... congratulations!!!! And I wish you all the best as you go to the United States of America... Please and please, remember this forum and come to give us your support whenever we need.......I'm so happy for u...

This is indeed a testimony to share with people. Congratulations to u nanaagyeman and to those of u whose interviews were successful. All u out there who have succeeded should endeavour to always put the rest of us who have been selected for further processing of the DV2010, in ur prayers. I pray we too come to give our own almighty testimonies by this time or there about next year. Congratulations to u all once again. May the good Lord continue to guide u people in the United States of Americaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Above all may God give u people good job ooo.

Sweet news!

Bammy,nice one.Congratulations!Mine comes up soon.Need your prayers.

Congrats!

congrats to u Bammyrichie , i was so eager to read your experience, na God ooo.
it's well, wish others too success.

This is indeed a testimony to share with people. Congratulations to u nanaagyeman and to those of u whose interviews were successful. All u out there who have succeeded should endeavour to always put the rest of us who have been selected for further processing of the DV2010, in ur prayers. I pray we too come to give our own almighty testimonies by this time or there about next year. Congratulations to u all once again. May the good Lord continue to guide u people in the United States of Americaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Above all may God give u people good job ooo.
thanx ma brother and i promise to be around all the time to be of any help at all.all the best and trust God to see you through what he has started.

Big,big,big congrats to u ma main man.u thoroughly deserve this.God is truly good..