• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Good to know

Please, i still have issues unsolve,
1, my friend that is willing to give me the AOS said he is staying in a room appartment. can i still use his address as my POE.
2, what must be his minimum annual income to doc. an AOS for us { me and my wife, no child }
3, then will my friends house be checked on to verify the kind of accommodation he is staying ?

HAPPY NU YEAR IN ADVANCE. One love

Hi,

I am happy you now have your interview date scheduled and i wish you the best. As per your questions:

1. If you look at the AOS form below you’ll see they only asked for the address and not how many bed the house is, so I don't think it matters if he stays in a one bedroom apartment, i think what matters is what he earns per annum and his intention for you guys (See question 11). He might be a conservative person staying in a one-bed and his salary is big.

2. If he doesn't have any dependants and its 3 of you guys then he needs to be earning $22,000pa. See this link for the 2008 poverty guideline.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

3. I am not sure about that but they might or might not check. I think you still have some time and options:
a) You can look for a more credible sponsor,
b) Submit evidence of your own funds to supplement your friends’ or
c) Go with your friend’s docs the way it is and pray to God for unmerited favour.

I hope it helps?

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Visa interview

Hi, winners08
I was going through the messages and I discovered that in your CP, you had:
CN:2009AF000086**
NL RECEIVED: 28/05/08
SENT BACK:02/06/08
KCC CONFRMD RECPT: 2WKS LATER
AWAITING 2ND LETTER
CN CURRENT FOR FEB
INTERVIEW CONFIRMED BY KCC FOR 1ST WK IN FEB
TO START MEDICALS IMMEDIATELY
I would like to know how you did all you did and how you confirmed from KCC the date for your interview, etc, so I will know the exact steps to take. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you and Happy New Year.

i sent a mail to KCCDV@state.gov and they replied me see the mail and reply below

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on February ....., 2009. A notification letter was sent to you on December 22, 2008. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

KCC/hrg
Public Inquiry
SI International/Kentucky Consular Center
Williamsburg, Kentucky
KCCDV@state.gov
(606) 526-7500
Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.
This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:47 AM
To: KCC DV
Subject: inquiry
Hi,

My wife’s details are:

wife's name
31 March 1980
2009AF000086**

Her case number became current in this month’s bulletin to be interviewed in February, I’ll kindly like to get the interview date so that we can start preparing for it since there may be a delay in receiving the 2nd notification. Obviously we’ll soon enter the festive period and offices will be closed for almost two weeks.

Best regards,
bla bla bla

Waec & mother's family name at birth !!!

Happy New year Highly Esteem House Members,
I really appreciate the way you guyz have been contributed your opinion and advice member of the house that have one or two different kind of problems.
I have two(2) things that are keep beating in my heart and i want you guyz to advice me on the issue.

(A) WAEC:
On my original waec certificate that want i want to present during my interview have little error! The middle Name of my name was speeled wrongly i.e

Surname:GOD FirstName:IS MiddleName:ABLLE. Instead of

Surname:GOD FirstName:IS MiddleName:ABLE.

So there was Double "LL" instead of Single "L" in the middle name.

So,when i discovered that i was among those that won & selected for further processing and i know the implication of it during interview,i quickly return it to Waec office at Yaba.So i was sent back to my previous school to get the following documentslisted below to truly confirm whether they are the one that made mistake or not:
(1) OMR Sheet (2) Letter from the school (3) The Sum of NGN 5000 for correction.

So,i did so and i was able to get all the documents needed.The problem that i have now,is that they have collected my Original Waec Certificate for correction so that they can re-issue out new to me and i have submitted it since last year May (i.e 8 months ago),and they haven't rectify or correct it since then(evenself,i still follow it up with the assistant of one of their staff).So there is no Original Waec Certificate that i can present during my interview,and my interview is around the corner i.e some months to come. Although,inside the instruction forms to us,we were told that we can present "Online waec Computer Print-out result" if the Original Waec Certificate is not availabe or ready.
Although,i complained that i want to use the Original Waec Certificate for interview at the embassy and i was told to request for a back-up letter with waec letter headed paper which will directed to the embassy that my Original Waec Certificate is still on process due to so so so........ error.
So,i want different contribution from all member of the house on this Waec Certificate issue that am i 100% safe if i go to embassy with a back-up letter from waec alongside with "Online waec Computer Print-out result" ( So far it is acceptable) if another new Original Waec Certificate is not yet ready?

(B) Mother's Family Name At Birth:
I also made mistake on my DS-230 form on the issue of mother's family name "at Birth".

My Father's Family Name:Olusegun Musa Smith.
My Mother's Family Name at Birth:Olusegun Mary Kate.

i.e i wrote her marital name instead of maiden name,it was 3 weeks later that i discovered the mistake and i have returned the DS-230 form back to KCC.So can i mail KCC for correction or i should leave it like that?Hope i am safe if i decide not to mail KCC for correction or what do you think house ? i can mail them for correction or leave it like that?

Advice.

Hi Nucleus!
Waec issue:I think the error of double 'l' was a very insignificant one and you ought not to have spent your precious time and money for the correction.It's your result!However,I will advise you have a computer print out, Waec scratch card and any other shred of evidence ready to prove that the result is actually yours.

Mother's name at birth:It sounds too funny to believe this.Anyway I will again advise you to send a mail to KCC for correction. It's really ridiculous!:eek:Goodluck!

Good luck to you all - any F1 students resident in USA who would like to go through the AOS process can ask me questions about my experiences. I was a winner in DV2007 my process was smooth sailing with one or two hitches but Thanks be to God...

Vey Grateful, winners08

i sent a mail to KCCDV@state.gov and they replied me see the mail and reply below

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on February ....., 2009. A notification letter was sent to you on December 22, 2008. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

KCC/hrg
Public Inquiry
SI International/Kentucky Consular Center
Williamsburg, Kentucky
KCCDV@state.gov
(606) 526-7500
Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.
This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:47 AM
To: KCC DV
Subject: inquiry
Hi,

My wife’s details are:

wife's name
31 March 1980
2009AF000086**

Her case number became current in this month’s bulletin to be interviewed in February, I’ll kindly like to get the interview date so that we can start preparing for it since there may be a delay in receiving the 2nd notification. Obviously we’ll soon enter the festive period and offices will be closed for almost two weeks.

Best regards,
bla bla bla

I just want to say thank you. I'll act on it immediately

Should I Mail KCC now?

Happy New Year to the House.
Just wondering if its too early to mail KCC for a probable interview date. I returned my first NL to KCC in the first week of November '08. Though the NL was dated April '08.
My CN is 2009AF00005XXX.

No trouble

Hi, winners08
I was going through the messages and I discovered that in your CP, you had:
CN:2009AF000086**
NL RECEIVED: 28/05/08
SENT BACK:02/06/08
KCC CONFRMD RECPT: 2WKS LATER
AWAITING 2ND LETTER
CN CURRENT FOR FEB
INTERVIEW CONFIRMED BY KCC FOR 1ST WK IN FEB
TO START MEDICALS IMMEDIATELY
I would like to know how you did all you did and how you confirmed from KCC the date for your interview, etc, so I will know the exact steps to take. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you and Happy New Year.

4real4u is right

Just wondering if its too early to mail KCC for a probable interview date. I returned my first NL to KCC in the first week of November '08. Though the NL was dated April '08.
My CN is 2009AF00005XXX.

Hi Paulash,
It takes almost 5 months to process an application for an interview from the date the first NL is received.

I would suggest that you wait till 2nd or 3rd week in March before you contact them, that is if you haven't received the 2nd NL by then.

You are wished the best.

its a tad too early

My CN is 2009AF00005XXX.

happy new yr to members of this wonderful house, and my warmest regards to the greatest asset in the house - 4REAL4U. All protocols observed...

KCC recieved my 2nd NL on the 18th of August '08. My case no is similar to yours ie 2009AF00005XXX. i have contacted them a number of times with no definite response. however i was asked to call again by the 3rd wk of this month for a definite response. So i guess you need to be very patient. All the best...

winners08, 4real4u and nellivel

no problem, pls do act immediately

I acted as advised and got a good responce.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on February ......, 2009. A notification letter was sent to you on December 19, 2008. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

I have two other questions, can I call Kamorass to book an appointment and what do I show to them as my second notification letter?

Thanks to you all for all the help, cheers.

whao

my warmest regards to the greatest asset in the house - 4REAL4U.

Whao, i'm flattered. Thanks man

Print email out

I acted as advised and got a good responce.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on February ......, 2009. A notification letter was sent to you on December 19, 2008. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

I have two other questions, can I call Kamorass to book an appointment and what do I show to them as my second notification letter?

Thanks to you all for all the help, cheers.

Hi,

If it is an e-mail from KCC you have, call them ASAP to book an appointment and print out the email as a confirmation of your interview and date when going for the appointment.

If not, try send them an email to get the same confirmation which will enable you do the above.

4real4u, man u are doing a good job in this forum may God almighty help ya in all way, pls am one of the visa 2009 lottery i have be waiting for my 2 letter which is interview letter till now have not got it, i e-mail KCC this wat they say,Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers below 9,500 for Nigeria for the month of February. If your case number is current, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month, my que?is how can i check if my case number is current, from the cut off, pls tell help, how to go about this.

4real4u, man u are doing a good job in this forum may God almighty help ya in all way, pls am one of the visa 2009 lottery i have be waiting for my 2 letter which is interview letter till now have not got it, i e-mail KCC this wat they say,Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers below 9,500 for Nigeria for the month of February. If your case number is current, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month, my que?is how can i check if my case number is current, from the cut off, pls tell help, how to go about this.my case number is 2009AF00012xxx

see

4real4u, man u are doing a good job in this forum may God almighty help ya in all way, pls am one of the visa 2009 lottery i have be waiting for my 2 letter which is interview letter till now have not got it, i e-mail KCC this wat they say,Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers below 9,500 for Nigeria for the month of February. If your case number is current, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month, my que?is how can i check if my case number is current, from the cut off, pls tell help, how to go about this.

Hi,

If you don't catch this explanation below email me on anjibobo@yahoo.com where we can exchange phone nos to talk. Don't worry when you send it i'll call you up.

Anytime the visa bulletin comes out mid-month it is usually on this link (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4406.html) and as below on section B and C

DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 23,300 Except:
Egypt 13,300
Ethiopia 11,650
Nigeria 9,500

ASIA 11,000 Except:
Bangladesh 9,550

EUROPE 17,100
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5
OCEANIA 575
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 800

What it means is that when this comes out for example for AFRICA (23,300) the case no below 23,300 will be treated that month for the Africa region except that of Nigeria (9500), Egypt(13300) and Ethiopia(11650) which case no that will be treated will be ones below 9,500. 13,300 and 11,650 respectively.

The only exception to this is only if you don't fill and return your form on time.

I hope it helps?

signature

4real4u, man u are doing a good job in this forum may God almighty help ya in all way, pls am one of the visa 2009 lottery i have be waiting for my 2 letter which is interview letter till now have not got it, i e-mail KCC this wat they say,Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers below 9,500 for Nigeria for the month of February. If your case number is current, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month, my que?is how can i check if my case number is current, from the cut off, pls tell help, how to go about this.my case number is 2009AF00012xxx

Hi,

Please go to USER CP at the top left hand corner then to signature to add your own signature like mine below. That will help us advise you better.

Good Luck