• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

kamoras

I acted as advised and got a good responce.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on February ......, 2009. A notification letter was sent to you on December 19, 2008. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

I have two other questions, can I call Kamorass to book an appointment and what do I show to them as my second notification letter?

Thanks to you all for all the help, cheers.

you dont need to book any appointment my friend, all you need is print the response from KCC and also the medical forms. Take them to kamoras any day during the week between 8am and 1pm with 10,000 naira deposit and start your medicals. Pls start early because they are going to give you a second appointment which is 2weeks from the first visit so that you can finish it before your interview date. it is very simple, on our first visit we didn't spend up to 3hrs and we were out of there, they said there is no need for an appointment, they will give a second appointment for physical examination and you will collect the result that day.

No

thanks very much 4real4u does that mean by case number should be under the cut off ?12xxx
thanks for dis

Hi,

No, you might not get an interview until next 2-3months since your case no is 12xxx. What you can do now is start getting those docs listed on the 1st NL together.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

No, you might not get an interview until next 2-3months since your case no is 12xxx. What you can do now is start getting those docs listed on the 1st NL together.

Good Luck.
for reala baba pls i have a question, my wife's school cert has just two names on it, her surname and firstname which was not even fully written her name is olufunke and they wrote funke but the other documents carry the full names i.e surname first name and middlename .....what do i do?

No problems

for reala baba pls i have a question, my wife's school cert has just two names on it, her surname and firstname which was not even fully written her name is olufunke and they wrote funke but the other documents carry the full names i.e surname first name and middlename .....what do i do?

Hi,

It is not a problem 'cos mine was exactly the same and it was never raised. On my WAEC certificate i had my 1st name shorthened (OLU also missing) and without the middle name. Though, my NPC certificate and e-passport shows my full name and middle name that tallies.

It shouldn't pose any problems, i think they are aware we shorten our names without informing anybody.

Good Luck

thank you 4real4u, ya you are doing great job here my brother wat a wonderful man u are , sorry are u from Nigeria?if so may God bless Nigeria and ur family for me ooo. we all thanks God for someone like ya around US.about my case 12xxx I Recieved my 1st Lt 20/05/2008 and i sent it back to KCC on 26/05/08.
so my dear u mean i should waiting for next 2-3 months from Now?But wat i saw there is that some people have go for interview, but my number is very small i could say,.
i will be very happy if u can take me through as u always make everyone laugh here for good . thanks
Remain Bless
Heartsoclean

hello every member of this forum. its not quite long that i joined this forum and i found it informative. i have some bordering questions that i want people to help me with.
1.my brother applied for dv 2009 as a single applicant (unmarried) and won. i want to know if he needs affidavit of support form during interview because it was not mentioned in the documents to be presented during interview but some people say he will need it.
2.in the DS 230 form that was filled he wrote not yet known to question 10,11.hope dis would not cause problem because somebody said that its own form was sent back to him bcos he did not fill that no 10 and 11.
3. he was born in 1982 and finished school in 2001 but when he went to colect official cert from waec 1978 was writing on it and all our effort to get it changed from waec proved abortive.i now suggested that he goes with online print out alone as dis does not has date of birth. or what do you peeople think he can do. your response will be appreciated .

Yes o

thank you 4real4u, ya you are doing great job here my brother wat a wonderful man u are , sorry are u from Nigeria?if so may God bless Nigeria and ur family for me ooo. we all thanks God for someone like ya around US.about my case 12xxx I Recieved my 1st Lt 20/05/2008 and i sent it back to KCC on 26/05/08.
so my dear u mean i should waiting for next 2-3 months from Now?But wat i saw there is that some people have go for interview, but my number is very small i could say,.
i will be very happy if u can take me through as u always make everyone laugh here for good . thanks
Remain Bless
Heartsoclean

Hi,

Thanks for the accolade. I tell you i remain Nigerian forever. To be frank you won't say your case no is low, when you talk about low you're talking about nos between 1-5000 who are definitely sure of getting an interview before the end of last year.

All you need do now is wait for your interview which would probably be next 2-3months but start getting your docs together in the mean time.

I'll call you to explain to you in details or when you're at the cafe just flash me on the phone no i gave you and i'll call you back.

Enjoy.

4real4u

How do you get the Appointment letters I need to take along to the embassy?

If one’s second letter does not get to him before the interview date, what can one do about it?

Please, remind me of the contents of the second letter

Severally

How do you get the Appointment letters I need to take along to the embassy?

If one’s second letter does not get to him before the interview date, what can one do about it?

Please, remind me of the contents of the second letter

Hi,

This question is been asked severally on this forum and also answered as well.

Anyways, you can email KCC to let them know you have not seen your 2nd NL yet and that they should send it to you via email, so e-mail them on kccdv@state.gov or call on +16065267500. Do make sure you have your details as stated in 1st NL handy.

As per the content of the 2nd NL it is not really different from the 1st NL except that it comes with the medical form and reminds you of some other documents like birth certificate, passport photographs, international passports, educational certificates, medical reports etc you must bring to the interview which are already stated in the 1st NL.

I hope that helps?

Good Luck

I am secure to mail KCC for correction?

Hi house,
Happy New Year !!!
Please,did house said am safe if i mail KCC for correction of my parent Date Of Birth (Both Dad & Mum) due to typographical error? and aswell mistake of my mother's family name at birth :i wrote family name at MARRIED instead of at BIRTH.
So hope i'm safe if i mail KCC for correction on my DS-230 FORM?

Happy new year to you all in Jesus name.

Hi 4real4u, how are you doing? congrats on the success of your interview. You have real been a blessing to this house, thank GOD for your life.

I wasnt scheduled for Feb interview but I know that as long as GOD is still on the throne, March is my appointed time.

All, we have learnt a lot from this forum, i just want to encourage everyone that is still waiting to keep looking up. Be unmovable, steadfast and fear not the greater one is with you and HE will perfect all that concern you in due time if we dont loose focus of HIM and HE will turn it to a TESTIMONY for all of us in Jesus name.

Shallom!

Thanks, 4Real4u

you wouldn't believe that i have seen these responses but when one is a little desperate, one tends not to see that which he seeks. that was exactly what happened to me.

all the same, i appreciate your response.

thank you

February bulletin out

See link below for February cut off. It is pretty low for Nigeria. Not good a news.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4417.html

For March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,800 Except:
Egypt 16,000
Ethiopia 13,800
Nigeria 9,900

ASIA 13,200 Except:
Bangladesh 10,850

EUROPE 19,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 675
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 850

Hi

you wouldn't believe that i have seen these responses but when one is a little desperate, one tends not to see that which he seeks. that was exactly what happened to me.

all the same, i appreciate your response.

thank you

Hi Teebaby and happy new year to you. Eyel i understand you, getting nervous. Teebaby, i hope your case no falls in this time. winners08, good to know you have your 2nd NL now.

I congratulate all those who made it into the new cut off and i wish them the best of luck.

Enjoy

4real4u

thanks for the link.

but I think that the number is not as low as it looks if compared with what number was current at the same time for past years.

Months Current Number
Mar 2006 9550
Mar 2007 9125
Mar 2008 8750
Mar 2009 9900

Am sure you will agree with me.
Thou if compared with the trend from October 2008 its rather low rising at an average of 1538 month on month.

So guys lets keep hope alive

Thank you

yeah

thanks for the link.

but I think that the number is not as low as it looks if compared with what number was current at the same time for past years.

Months Current Number
Mar 2006 9550
Mar 2007 9125
Mar 2008 8750
Mar 2009 9900

Am sure you will agree with me.
Thou if compared with the trend from October 2008 its rather low rising at an average of 1538 month on month.

So guys lets keep hope alive

Thank you

hi,

I quite agree with you when compared with the previous years but not good when compared with the previous dv2009 months. Anyways, they know the best.

I just pray most guys here will get to be interviewed 'cos it's not good raising people's hope and letting them down towards the end.

Good Luck to everybody.

Hi Guys,

Please can people who went for their interview recently update us, how much is dollar giong for at the embassy because black market is killing right now.

Hello all,

I had a succesful Interview yesterday 13th January @ the US embassy. Lagos, it was so smooth, all my fears was dissolve by FAITH IN GOD i give all the GLORY TO GOD.

Thanks 4REAL4U, Aadepetun,neville, and all others, u're indeed a blessing to the house.

I will narate the whole episode later in a post.

$1=N125 (embassy rate)

Hey livewire007, CONGRATS! Thank God for His faithfulness. I tap into the grace too in Jesus name.

My people, if GOD's faith can be FUL what are we waiting for? Ours should also be FULL. Hope in Him and success awaits you!.

4real4u, I hail o! Thank God, we are current this time around. please i have a question, is it too early for me to write kcc to send my interview date? I want to know this because my husband is in the UK and he needs to come down to Naija for the processing. The earlier i know the date the better for him in order to start getting ready to come to Nigeria.

please what do you think?