• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Don't mention it to the Consular,ok

Diamond_009;1994446 Quest Lastly said:
Do not mention it on d day of ur interview but Mushin is a province in Lagos,do u get it?Just pray,they are human beings they do not know or see everything ,don't let anyone mislead uooooo.

Prepare for worst condition

Hi,

I always advice people to prepare for the worst condition and if it is the least you'll be so happy, but if you prepare for the least condition and it comes up to be the worst (God forbid) that would be a nightmare.

Nobody is here to confuse/mislead anybody, we are here to learn from one another. Aywire, you said below and mine in (bracket):

Do not mention it on d day of ur interview (Agreed, do not mention when you're not asked but what if he's asked about it he should keep quiet, is that your advice?, it won't work that way my guy) but Mushin is a province in Lagos,do u get it?Just pray,they are human beings they do not know or see everything (I agree with you but they're very good with seeing the negative, just pray to God and we'll join you to pray it doesn't come up),don't let anyone mislead uooooo (Common)

Overall, prepare your docs and yourself for the worst, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mention it to the Consular,ok

I think the best solution out of this is for him to get another NPC cert and e-passport stating Mushin Lagos, if he doesnt have one yet. Should that not be an option, I am confident that prayers move mountains as we have seen from testimonies of people in the house.

You are wished the best, brother.

Thanks House

Thanks for advice,i'll still be thinking of about.
But in the DS -230 FORM, It stated that city or Town i think mushin is town if not a city.
Although i can still try to confuse them so far they put option in the form.

Mushin headache!

Hi Diamond,
I strongly advise you get a new e passport and NPC cert.If you have one already(e passport),then I will advise you get all the documents ready and be bold and confident on the day of your interview.I was born in Mushin, lagos state,Nigeria, period!Above all be prayerful:cool:

u see ..........

Hi,

I always advice people to prepare for the worst condition and if it is the least you'll be so happy, but if you prepare for the least condition and it comes up to be the worst (God forbid) that would be a nightmare.

Nobody is here to confuse/mislead anybody, we are here to learn from one another. Aywire, you said below and mine in (bracket):

Do not mention it on d day of ur interview (Agreed, do not mention when you're not asked but what if he's asked about it he should keep quiet, is that your advice?, it won't work that way my guy) but Mushin is a province in Lagos,do u get it?Just pray,they are human beings they do not know or see everything (I agree with you but they're very good with seeing the negative, just pray to God and we'll join you to pray it doesn't come up),don't let anyone mislead uooooo (Common)

Overall, prepare your docs and yourself for the worst, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Good Luck.

yeah,he's got to prep his documents like birth certificate issued by one primary health centre or general hospital in Mushin. Visa cases have never been the same, we should all remember that,i agreed if he has got his e-pp he shud do it and include Mushin,Lagos as his PoB.
Success wishes bro.

Wish everybody a good festive season

Hi,

This is a note to wish everyone a scintillating festive period and a prosperous new year ahead.

Congrats. All glory must be to the Lord, for he his worthy of our praise.
thanks 4 all the advices u been given us on this site.
CONGRATULATION TO U AND YOUR FAMILY...........
Good luck to those that are current now & those in january & feb. 2009
Is like onyii is to busy now are days that he find it very diffcult to check out what is going on this thread.

some people are trying to discourage us that is hard and diffcult in the state but we all believe that we all have different luck so STOP THAT NON SENSE those that are doing it.

RE:place of Birth issue !!!

Hello House,
Kindly put me through,i am somehow confuse about the different between the city and the state.
During the online Dv lottery application period,question was asked in the online Dv form that:
Question:The city where you were born?
Answer: I wrote Mushin.

So, the DS-230 form that i sent back to KCC,question was asked aswell:
Question:The place of Birth (City or Town)?
Answer: I wrote Mushin.(i.e the same that i filled during online Dv application)

But in my international passport,it was Lagos i fill-in in the position of "Place of Birth".

Also,my NPC Birth Certificate,it was Lagos that was written in the space of "Place of Birth".

So, based on the little story i explained above,my "Place of Birth" seem/look somehow contradicting.

So if i call for interview and the consular officer ask me question concerning my"Place of Birth".
am i going to answer "Mushin only" or "Lagos only"?
OR i should said that i was born in "Mushin,Lagos State".
OR what can i mention to the consular officer?

Lastly,can someone tell me the difference between "Mushin and Lagos"
Hope this Place of Birth issue will not cause problem for me?

Hi livewire007,4real4u,eyel,Aywire,Ben Emman, Benzobenzo and all other members of the House,
I really appreciate your advice & contribution toward my success in life,to find solution to my problem inorder for to achieve "American Dream".
Concerning my issue on my Place of Birth,i think it was ignorance because i don't know before that it is Lagos they normally write in the position of Place of Birth of int'l passport and NPC Birth Certificate for Lagosian.
Although, i told the immigration officer that helped me to process my new e-passport at the immigration office that it was Mushin i want to write in the position of the Place of Birth of my e-passport,because i knew that i wrote Mushin as the city where i was born during the online Dv application and alsoaswell in the position of Place of Birth of the DS-230 form that i sent to KCC.
But the immigration Officer disagree with that for all Lagosian,it is Lagos they normally write for them in the position of Place of Birth and evenself Birth Certificate aswell,well i accepted that day.
Well,i think that is pass tense na to find solution to the existing problem on ground as you advice.I'll go to immigration office to see if the immigration officer can assist me to secure new e-passport again or find another solution to it.
Or if new e-passport cannot be issue out,i think i can request/do an observation of Place of Birth on my e-passport at immigration office.Guyz, i think that will back up my passport if new one cannot be issue out.But i don't know whether something like back up letter will be acceptable at embassy?

Concerning the issue on NPC Birth Certificate, i think i can easily go to NPC office to do another Birth Certificate and tell them to write Mushin in the position of Place of Birth instead of Lagos.
House,i think with all these action am a little bit safe?
Thanks for your advice again.God will see all of us through !!!

dont do observation on your passport

Hi livewire007,4real4u,eyel,Aywire,Ben Emman, Benzobenzo and all other members of the House,
I really appreciate your advice & contribution toward my success in life,to find solution to my problem inorder for to achieve "American Dream".
Concerning my issue on my Place of Birth,i think it was ignorance because i don't know before that it is Lagos they normally write in the position of Place of Birth of int'l passport and NPC Birth Certificate for Lagosian.
Although, i told the immigration officer that helped me to process my new e-passport at the immigration office that it was Mushin i want to write in the position of the Place of Birth of my e-passport,because i knew that i wrote Mushin as the city where i was born during the online Dv application and alsoaswell in the position of Place of Birth of the DS-230 form that i sent to KCC.
But the immigration Officer disagree with that for all Lagosian,it is Lagos they normally write for them in the position of Place of Birth and evenself Birth Certificate aswell,well i accepted that day.
Well,i think that is pass tense na to find solution to the existing problem on ground as you advice.I'll go to immigration office to see if the immigration officer can assist me to secure new e-passport again or find another solution to it.
Or if new e-passport cannot be issue out,i think i can request/do an observation of Place of Birth on my e-passport at immigration office.Guyz, i think that will back up my passport if new one cannot be issue out.But i don't know whether something like back up letter will be acceptable at embassy?

Concerning the issue on NPC Birth Certificate, i think i can easily go to NPC office to do another Birth Certificate and tell them to write Mushin in the position of Place of Birth instead of Lagos.
House,i think with all these action am a little bit safe?
Thanks for your advice again.God will see all of us through !!!

this is an excerpt from the FAQ from the US embassy in Lagos when i inquired from them about some issues:

Q8: What documents do I need to bring?

A: The required documents are listed on the checklist provided by NVC or on our prior communications with you. Remember, however, that each case is different. Please remember to bring ORIGINAL records of birth, marriage, divorce, police certificates, etc., including birth certificates of the petitioner if the petitioner is a son, daughter or sibling of the applicant. Please bring photocopies for us as well.

You must bring an international passport. If you are qualified for the visa, we will keep it until the visa is printed and placed in the passport. Please make sure that the passport is valid for at least six months, and that there are no written observations. If there is a written observation, you will be asked to get another passport. For more details about original documents, please visit:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3741.html.

so my guy have faith in God leave your passport that way and make a birth cert that reads mushin as your POB

Still Mushin issue

this is an excerpt from the FAQ from the US embassy in Lagos when i inquired from them about some issues:

Q8: What documents do I need to bring?

A: The required documents are listed on the checklist provided by NVC or on our prior communications with you. Remember, however, that each case is different. Please remember to bring ORIGINAL records of birth, marriage, divorce, police certificates, etc., including birth certificates of the petitioner if the petitioner is a son, daughter or sibling of the applicant. Please bring photocopies for us as well.

You must bring an international passport. If you are qualified for the visa, we will keep it until the visa is printed and placed in the passport. Please make sure that the passport is valid for at least six months, and that there are no written observations. If there is a written observation, you will be asked to get another passport. For more details about original documents, please visit:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3741.html.

so my guy have faith in God leave your passport that way and make a birth cert that reads mushin as your POB

My suggestion.

I Think he should mail kcc and tell them about the issue b4 they discover. He should let them know that mushin is a sub of Lagos state and that he filled mushin bcos of the online reg. city/town thing he said he noted and that he was born in mushin, Lagos lagos State of Nigeria. With these , I think they will note and file it respectively. However, he should go ahead to get another birth certificate stating that he was born at Mushin in Lagos state.

Please prepare so that you will not regret. And do pray well, God will not let us down.

I have gotten an interview date with the embassy in Lagos. At last, 4real4u is write, he predicted that my interview will be by february. Its 1st wk in Feb.

Please, i still have issues unsolve,
1, my friend that is willing to give me the AOS said he is staying in a room appartment. can i still use his address as my POE.
2, what must be his minimum annual income to doc. an AOS for us { me and my wife, no child }
3, then will my friends house be checked on to verify the kind of accommodation he is staying ?

HAPPY NU YEAR IN ADVANCE. One love

Dv lottery seminar-its free!

THE REEDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD(NORTH AMERICA) IS ORGANISING FOR THE 5TH YEAR RUNNING

DV LOTTERY WINNERS OPEN SEMINAR;

LAGOS:
VENUE:RCCG:THE LORDS HOUSE 25 OLADIPO OLUWOLE STREET OFF ADENIYI JONES IKEJA LAGOS.
TIME: 10.00AM - 4.00PM
DATE: JANUARY 10, 2009

ABUJA:
VENUE:RCCG PENTECOST ASSEMBLY ROYAL PRIEST HALL, DRIVE 2,1ST CRESCENT, 3RD AVANUE DUBOYI, ABUJA FCT
TIME:11.00AM-4.00PM
DATE:JANUARY 12,2009

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:01-8503459
EMAIL:fbtd@hotmail.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

winners08

Hi, winners08
I was going through the messages and I discovered that in your CP, you had:
CN:2009AF000086**
NL RECEIVED: 28/05/08
SENT BACK:02/06/08
KCC CONFRMD RECPT: 2WKS LATER
AWAITING 2ND LETTER
CN CURRENT FOR FEB
INTERVIEW CONFIRMED BY KCC FOR 1ST WK IN FEB
TO START MEDICALS IMMEDIATELY
I would like to know how you did all you did and how you confirmed from KCC the date for your interview, etc, so I will know the exact steps to take. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you and Happy New Year.

Happy new year

This is to wish you all the very best 2009 can offer with no disappointments accompanying them

And to all current, I wish us all success; Congratulations to all those who had successful interviews, we’ll be with you guys soon.

Cheers

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you all. I pray this year will be our year of unmerited favour and increase in all directions (Amen).

Hi, winners08
I was going through the messages and I discovered that in your CP, you had:
CN:2009AF000086**
NL RECEIVED: 28/05/08
SENT BACK:02/06/08
KCC CONFRMD RECPT: 2WKS LATER
AWAITING 2ND LETTER
CN CURRENT FOR FEB
INTERVIEW CONFIRMED BY KCC FOR 1ST WK IN FEB
TO START MEDICALS IMMEDIATELY
I would like to know how you did all you did and how you confirmed from KCC the date for your interview, etc, so I will know the exact steps to take. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you and Happy New Year.

Hi,

Although, the question was directed to another person but i think i should just answer it. You can find out any information from KCC by emailing on kccdv@state.gov and you must include in the email your DOB, Full name and Case number as it appeared in the 1st NL. Another way is calling them on +16065267500 and also having ready those details. I hope that helps?

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: