• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Current for February

Hi,

Obiageli, this is just a note to find out how your interview went.

Nellivel, how's your preparation going? I know you're going to be interviewed this month.

Teebaby, how lucky are you to get into February09 cut off?

I wish all expecting CN to be current and all preparing for interviews the best of luck.

Hi Guys, thank God my CN is current for february and i'm wondering when to call or mail KCC to find out when interview has been schedule for since everybody will soon go for a long holiday break

Hi Guys, thank God my CN is current for february and i'm wondering when to call or mail KCC to find out when interview has been schedule for since everybody will soon go for a long holiday break
Call or email as soon as you want, they will give you an answer. My number became current last month for January interview. I emailed the day after the bulletin was anounced and they responded with an interview date and that my 2nd NL will be delivered within the following 10 days. It's now a month, and I haven't received the NL yet, but I am scheduling for medicals nonetheless.

Call or email as soon as you want, they will give you an answer. My number became current last month for January interview. I emailed the day after the bulletin was anounced and they responded with an interview date and that my 2nd NL will be delivered within the following 10 days. It's now a month, and I haven't received the NL yet, but I am scheduling for medicals nonetheless.

thank you NOE i have done excatly as you said

Majority of u guys may not know me.I,m dv 2008 winner,based in Dallas,Texas.2day makes it a year 4 me in usa.It,s not easy settling in the usa,xpecially when your host is not de understanding type.As a new comer,you may be able 2 work and get,NOT after spending btw 1,200 to 1,600 per month,depending on the type of job and ur determination.U may be happy at first,but wen u start facing responsibilities,then u will know that you have not started.
To be financially independent is the best thing that can eve happen to you in the usa,and you hardly achieve this by working for people orcompany.So for those who are coming,serious minded,and ready 2 make money and be financially independent,think of this.
There are two business i,w introduce you to.The worst thing that will happen to you in it is that you will loose nothing,and you stand the chance of making money as you want it depending on you determination.I will pause till 4ther notice.You can do this business irrespective of where you are in the states.
For those who are interested ONLY,pls,dont hesistate 2 e-mail me at gabobri76@yahoo.com and we get going.BUT if u are not interested,pls,dnt bother.
CASE NR----------2008AF000022XX

yeah,the reality is coming gradually!

it's not easy truly in USA these days,even if u get the job ,when the responsibilities start rolling,hope person no go say he want go back.
Things depend on mother luck too.
Success wishes to everyone.

AOS versus POE

Pls, Can I ve my AOS from someone different from the person i intend to stay with in US? If that happen, will it be acceptable?

I mailed Kcc about 6weeks ago about my interview and they told me to call back in 6 weeks time, I did and i was told that my case number have finished processing for interveiw. that i should call back in 7 to 10 working days. so i guess i should get my date next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pls, Can I ve my AOS from someone different from the person i intend to stay with in US? If that happen, will it be acceptable?

I mailed Kcc about 6weeks ago about my interview and they told me to call back in 6 weeks time, I did and i was told that my case number have finished processing for interveiw. that i should call back in 7 to 10 working days. so i guess i should get my date next week.

hi,

that was exactly what I did , and there was no problem.
all the best

Hello Everyone,
i am really sorry for the short recess from the forum..i have been trying to tidy up some stuff.to the Glory of God...i had a successful interview on the 17th of November.i sincerely express my gratitude to everyone who in one way or the other replied my posts.most especially 4REAL4U[God would surely reward in million folds].i will give a more detailed account soon.

I think

it's not easy truly in USA these days,even if u get the job ,when the responsibilities start rolling,hope person no go say he want go back.
Things depend on mother luck too.
Success wishes to everyone.

Guys,

I think it is not a smooth world, not minding where you leave.

Yes you can

Hi,

You can do that. The most important thing is your sponsor meeting the poverty guideline and may be some promises along side.

What i'll suggest you do is to make his address the address you'll be staying even if you're not going to, so that all can tally and avoid unncessary questions.

Good Luck

Congrats

Hello Everyone,
i am really sorry for the short recess from the forum..i have been trying to tidy up some stuff.to the Glory of God...i had a successful interview on the 17th of November.i sincerely express my gratitude to everyone who in one way or the other replied my posts.most especially 4REAL4U[God would surely reward in million folds].i will give a more detailed account soon.

Congrats. All glory must be to the Lord, for he his worthy of our praise.

To God be the glory!!!

To God be the glory!!!

One thing that keeps coming to my mind is a line by a member of the forum, saying ‘remember those who find time to kneel before God don’t struggle to stand before great men’

Several days preceding our interview, I handed over to God and asked that His will be done; then I had peace!

We left home at about 4.40 a.m. on December 15, 2008, arrived the embassy at about 5.30 a.m. Shortly after 6 a.m, an officer made announcements on how we should organize ourselves and documents.

Friends, we had a tough time getting dollars, exchange was swinging between N135 & N140; at last, my husband decided we should go with Naira; men, it was indeed the holy spirit directing us!

Our entry number was 02 for the DV category, we got in, and believe it…….. we paid at N125/$!!! God is wonderful! I strongly advise you all to go with Naira.

After making the payments, a very cute pregnant lady called us to window F and collected our documents, originals & copies, and directed us to another section for the interview.

We waited a while till 8.30 a.m. when the interviewers resumed at their desks.

The first set to be called up were elderly people, all successful! We witnessed some refusals when a certain young man could not remember his best subject at WAEC, nor how long it took him to write 9 subjects, the lady interviewer told him his result was fake and eventually threatened to get security if he refused to leave! Another was a certain lady who claimed her husband was in the US, but could not tell what job he did, nor basic details about him.

At about 9 a.m, we were called to Window 9……… I said ‘father take control’ and got up. A pretty black American lady took us through the rites of swearing to tell the truth and our finger prints. She asked my family to sit down and within 3 minutes, asked about my academic qualifications, then the family album, then got up for a few seconds, returning with the blue form, a smile and ‘welcome to the United States of America!

Friends, keep your faith squarely in God and he will settle you, remember also that getting the visa is only part of the process, you need Him to settle you wherever you find yourself; so let your faith be tall…….. best of luck friend and God bless you all.

Remember, go with Naira, arrange your documents properly as prescribed, for ladies, get passport photographs without your earrings, necklaces, etc, feed your children well as you cannot go in with any food or liquid, tell the truth, above all, go with God!:):):):)

Congrats

To God be the glory!!!

One thing that keeps coming to my mind is a line by a member of the forum, saying ‘remember those who find time to kneel before God don’t struggle to stand before great men’

Congrats. I quite agree with all you've said.

Place of Birth issue

Hello House,
Kindly put me through,i am somehow confuse about the different between the city and the state.
During the online Dv lottery application period,question was asked in the online Dv form that:
Question:The city where you were born?
Answer: I wrote Mushin.

So, the DS-230 form that i sent back to KCC,question was asked aswell:
Question:The place of Birth (City or Town)?
Answer: I wrote Mushin.(i.e the same that i filled during online Dv application)

But in my international passport,it was Lagos i fill-in in the position of "Place of Birth".

Also,my NPC Birth Certificate,it was Lagos that was written in the space of "Place of Birth".

So, based on the little story i explained above,my "Place of Birth" seem/look somehow contradicting.

So if i call for interview and the consular officer ask me question concerning my"Place of Birth".
am i going to answer "Mushin only" or "Lagos only"?
OR i should said that i was born in "Mushin,Lagos State".
OR what can i mention to the consular officer?

Lastly,can someone tell me the difference between "Mushin and Lagos"
Hope this Place of Birth issue will not cause problem for me?

To God be the glory!!!

Several days preceding our interview, I handed over to God and asked that His will be done; then I had peace!

We left home at about 4.40 a.m. on December 15, 2008, arrived the embassy at about 5.30 a.m. Shortly after 6 a.m, an officer made announcements on how we should organize ourselves and documents.

Friends, we had a tough time getting dollars, exchange was swinging between N135 & N140; at last, my husband decided we should go with Naira; men, it was indeed the holy spirit directing us!

Our entry number was 02 for the DV category, we got in, and believe it…….. we paid at N125/$!!! God is wonderful! I strongly advise you all to go with Naira.

After making the payments, a very cute pregnant lady called us to window F and collected our documents, originals & copies, and directed us to another section for the interview.

We waited a while till 8.30 a.m. when the interviewers resumed at their desks.

The first set to be called up were elderly people, all successful! We witnessed some refusals when a certain young man could not remember his best subject at WAEC, nor how long it took him to write 9 subjects, the lady interviewer told him his result was fake and eventually threatened to get security if he refused to leave! Another was a certain lady who claimed her husband was in the US, but could not tell what job he did, nor basic details about him.

At about 9 a.m, we were called to Window 9……… I said ‘father take control’ and got up. A pretty black American lady took us through the rites of swearing to tell the truth and our finger prints. She asked my family to sit down and within 3 minutes, asked about my academic qualifications, then the family album, then got up for a few seconds, returning with the blue form, a smile and ‘welcome to the United States of America!

Friends, keep your faith squarely in God and he will settle you, remember also that getting the visa is only part of the process, you need Him to settle you wherever you find yourself; so let your faith be tall…….. best of luck friend and God bless you all.

Remember, go with Naira, arrange your documents properly as prescribed, for ladies, get passport photographs without your earrings, necklaces, etc, feed your children well as you cannot go in with any food or liquid, tell the truth, above all, go with God!:):):):)

Kongrats, indeed God is a great God.

Hello House,
Kindly put me through,i am somehow confuse about the different between the city and the state.
During the online Dv lottery application period,question was asked in the online Dv form that:

Answer: I wrote Mushin.(i.e the same that i filled during online Dv application)

But in my international passport,it was Lagos i fill-in in the position of "Place of Birth".

Also,my NPC Birth Certificate,it was Lagos that was written in the space of "Place of Birth".

So, based on the little story i explained above,my "Place of Birth" seem/look somehow contradicting.

So if i call for interview and the consular officer ask me question concerning my"Place of Birth".

Diamond,

In my opinion i think you should replace your International Passport & NPC Birth certificate and put Mushin as your place of Birth 'cos the consular officer might not know the difference between Mushin & Lagos and this could jeorpadize your chances.

Mushin is a subset of Lagos state, Lagos is a city with many small cities insid of it.

But why?

Hello House,

Hi,

Mushin is a locality within Lagos city of Lagos state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. So I don’t know why people make this kind of mistake. If you go through DV 2007/2008 threads you’ll see people refused based on discrepancies in place of birth/city of birth. If you’re asked your place of birth nobody is asking if you were born at orile-iganmu, allen avenue, oshodi or mushin as you’ve disclosed, all they want to find out is the city which is simply Lagos. I think this kind of mistakes occur when you don’t know and you don’t find out from people. Even, at times when you know you’ll still find out from people for affirmation purposes.

Anyways, my advice is to start a serious fasting and prayer session prior to the D-day (laugh), but seriously.

Ok, lets face it, could you look into the possibilities of changing the place of birth on your NPC certificate to Mushin, Lagos city ( I should think that can be influenced 100%). I think this will cover for the Lagos city on your passport and also the mushin on your DV application form. This is because I don’t think you can change the Lagos city on your passport to mushin and you cannot change the mushin on you DV form to Lagos. Even if you’re looking at getting the new e-passport (That’s if you don’t have it yet) I don’t think they’ll ever put mushin as place of birth (you could try though, ‘cos impossible is nothing in Nigeria/Africa).

So guy, I think if you can do that it will cover up the mistake(s) and when asked at the interview say Mushin, Lagos city. If asked further question(s) just say you were born at Mushin area of Lagos city and please do remember to pray before you go o. You might be lucky it won’t be mentioned.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
why make this mistake?

Hi,

Mushin is a locality within Lagos city of Lagos state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. So I don’t know why people make this kind of mistake. If you go through DV 2007/2008 threads you’ll see people refused based on discrepancies in place of birth/city of birth. If you’re asked your place of birth nobody is asking if you were born at orile-iganmu, allen avenue, oshodi or mushin as you’ve disclosed, all they want to find out is the city which is simply Lagos. I think this kind of mistakes occur when you don’t know and you don’t find out from people. Even, at times when you know you’ll still find out from people for affirmation purposes.

Anyways, my advice is to start a serious fasting and prayer session prior to the D-day (laugh), but seriously.

Ok, lets face it, could you look into the possibilities of changing the place of birth on your NPC certificate to Mushin, Lagos city ( I should think that can be influenced 100%). I think this will cover for the Lagos city on your passport and also the mushin on your DV application form. This is because I don’t think you can change the Lagos city on your passport to mushin and you cannot change the mushin on you DV form to Lagos. Even if you’re looking at getting the new e-passport (That’s if you don’t have it yet) I don’t think they’ll ever put mushin as place of birth (you could try though, ‘cos impossible is nothing in Nigeria/Africa).

So guy, I think if you can do that it will cover up the mistake(s) and when asked at the interview say Mushin, Lagos city. If asked further question(s) just say you were born at Mushin area of Lagos city and please do remember to pray before you go o. You might be lucky it won’t be mentioned.

Good Luck

i quite agree with 4real4u. why make such mistakes. if you already have an e-passport, i don't know what can be done about it. all you need now above every other is PRAYER. i wish you the best

congratulations

hi all, i have been quite busy, although i pop-in to see what's been happening, i haven't had enough time to comment.

congrats to 4real4u and all who have had successful interviews, may God continue to be with you all now and always.

for those whose numbers are yet to be current, keep the hope alive.

merry xmas and a prosperous new year to you all.