• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Thank you Ajaylagos.I'm a Nigerian.I was born outside Nigeria but in the African continent.My case number (60xxx) is under Africa and not Nigeria.If you check the visa bulletin for the month of august,you will notice that Africa was current except for some few countries.The country where I presently live and work is Nigeria,so my case was scheduled at the US embassy in Lagos.Hope this clears your doubt.

Your case number (18xxx) seems high.I advise you carry on with other activities while you wait till your case becomes current in 2010.Wish you the best.Goodluck!
Thanx Benzobenzo for your prompt response. I appreciate it.

Yeah, my case number is quite high. I went through the visa bulletin archive from 2002 and I realized it was in 2006 and 2009 that case numbers for Nigeria was less than 18,000.

Nevertheless, I’m on with my normal activities even if I don’t become current in the end. I’ll put in for the next DV 2011 in case ……………

Congrats once again on your successful interview.

Congratulations, if you were regular to the forum, I would have ask you some important questions bothering me.

ammeck09, I may not have written much b4 now but believe me I'm very regular wt the forum and I read all the imputs from members, and like I said earlier, these contributions helped a lot. Sometimes I found that questions I wanted to ask had been asked by someone and several responses given. So if there is anything u want to ask me then go ahead, I'll do my best to assist as much as I can. That's what everybody in the forum is doing anyway. Nobody is a master, we're just sharing our experiences.

ammeck09, I may not have written much b4 now but believe me I'm very regular wt the forum and I read all the imputs from members, and like I said earlier, these contributions helped a lot. Sometimes I found that questions I wanted to ask had been asked by someone and several responses given. So if there is anything u want to ask me then go ahead, I'll do my best to assist as much as I can. That's what everybody in the forum is doing anyway. Nobody is a master, we're just sharing our experiences.

Ok, good to hear you are regular here.
I will have my interview at the American Embassy, London and would like to have a first hand information of the embassy. How could you describe the general atmosphere of the embassy? I'm a family man with 3 kids (younger child about 1.5 yrs). What items are not allowed to be sent to the embassy, and probably if you have such item on you, is there a place to keep it safe?

I will have my interview at the American Embassy, London and would like to have a first hand information of the embassy. How could you describe the general atmosphere of the embassy? I'm a family man with 3 kids (younger child about 1.5 yrs). What items are not allowed to be sent to the embassy, and probably if you have such item on you, is there a place to keep it safe?

Sorry, am not here to respond to ur questions, but rather ask u a question only if you don't mind. Can you please tell by what means you are going or got your Police report from Ghana? Thanks

I need help about ASC appointment after entering USA with dv2009 and I got the welcome notice twice after I i recieved from the post ASC appointment, and I called them to know what happened they said I should go. It this normal?

Sorry, am not here to respond to ur questions, but rather ask u a question only if you don't mind. Can you please tell by what means you are going or got your Police report from Ghana? Thanks

Police Records
Ghana Police Clearance Certificate: Available. Residents of Ghana should report to the headquarters branch of the Criminal Investigations Division of the Ghana Police Authority in Accra, where a fingerprint sample will be taken. Cost for preparation of the certificate is approximately $7 USD (higher for expedited service), payable in local currency, for preparation within 7 days. Non-residents should forward a letter of request for a Police Certificate for Immigration Purposes. Accompanying the letter should be a certified sample of the applicant's fingerprints and an international money order in the amount of $80 USD made out to "Commissioner of Police, Ghana." Forward these documents to the following address:

Commissioner of Police
Criminal Investigations
Department Headquarters
PO Box 505
Accra, Ghana

If you have someone in Ghana, they can easily obtain it for you by contacting the Criminal Investigations Division of the Ghana Police Authority in Accra. You need to provide a fingerprint from Italy witnessed by the Italian police authority. This is the standard form, but you can pm me for a shortcut way of doing it.

WEKERE,,,,, CONGRATULATION........ WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR DETAILS
and olubu congrat for picking up your visa today i wish all of u guys gid luck in the state. those that are waiting for their interview i pray that it will be successful in jesus name amen...............

Police Records
Ghana Police Clearance Certificate: Available. Residents of Ghana should report to the headquarters branch of the Criminal Investigations Division of the Ghana Police Authority in Accra, where a fingerprint sample will be taken. Cost for preparation of the certificate is approximately $7 USD (higher for expedited service), payable in local currency, for preparation within 7 days. Non-residents should forward a letter of request for a Police Certificate for Immigration Purposes. Accompanying the letter should be a certified sample of the applicant's fingerprints and an international money order in the amount of $80 USD made out to "Commissioner of Police, Ghana." Forward these documents to the following address:

Commissioner of Police
Criminal Investigations
Department Headquarters
PO Box 505
Accra, Ghana

If you have someone in Ghana, they can easily obtain it for you by contacting the Criminal Investigations Division of the Ghana Police Authority in Accra. You need to provide a fingerprint from Italy witnessed by the Italian police authority. This is the standard form, but you can pm me for a shortcut way of doing it.

Thank you very much, bro. Is't only the Criminal Investigations Division of the Ghana Police Authority in Accra that can issue the Police Cert? What about the other Criminal Investigations Division of the Ghana Police Authority in different regions, like ashanti region(kumasi)? Is a copy of a valid passport necessary if I have somebody did it for me? Ciao

Thanx Benzobenzo for your prompt response. I appreciate it.

Yeah, my case number is quite high. I went through the visa bulletin archive from 2002 and I realized it was in 2006 and 2009 that case numbers for Nigeria was less than 18,000.

Nevertheless, I’m on with my normal activities even if I don’t become current in the end. I’ll put in for the next DV 2011 in case ……………

Congrats once again on your successful interview.

I had the same challenge of having a very high case number.Worried that my case might not be current by the end of sept.2009,I had to apply for the dv 2010.I won it again but it's useless since my case later became current.I will advise you apply again while waiting for this to become current.There is no harm in trial.Best of Luck!

Generally atmosphere I would say is very business like though the staff there are quite friendly but rules are strictly adhered to as you would expect.
The main things not allowed are electronic gadgets like mobile phones and Ipods and stuff like that. Keys are also not allowed (if I remember very well) and u'll be asked to put ur wristwatch, belt and any coins u have on u into ur purse or bag and not in ur pocket.
If u have ur mobile phone wt u, u'll be given direction of a nearby pharmacy/chemist store to go and drop it and I understand its £10 per phone. As for the keys, they either go into ur bag wt the coins and wristwatch (which u can put on once u're inside) or they go wt the phones to the store. I didnt go wt my phone as I had already been told of this but if u choose to go wt the phone it'll be good to locate the store first and drop the phone(s) before queing up. If not u'll have to leave when the security checks start and come back again which may delay ur entry into the embassy.
As for the children, I dont think there is any special preparation required, just have ur appoitment letter on hand as u'll present this to gain entrance

I hope this information helps u a bit, and I wish u all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally atmosphere I would say is very business like though the staff there are quite friendly but rules are strictly adhered to as you would expect.
The main things not allowed are electronic gadgets like mobile phones and Ipods and stuff like that. Keys are also not allowed (if I remember very well) and u'll be asked to put ur wristwatch, belt and any coins u have on u into ur purse or bag and not in ur pocket.
If u have ur mobile phone wt u, u'll be given direction of a nearby pharmacy/chemist store to go and drop it and I understand its £10 per phone. As for the keys, they either go into ur bag wt the coins and wristwatch (which u can put on once u're inside) or they go wt the phones to the store. I didnt go wt my phone as I had already been told of this but if u choose to go wt the phone it'll be good to locate the store first and drop the phone(s) before queing up. If not u'll have to leave when the security checks start and come back again which may delay ur entry into the embassy.
As for the children, I dont think there is any special preparation required, just have ur appoitment letter on hand as u'll present this to gain entrance

I hope this information helps u a bit, and I wish u all the best.

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate the information you have relayed to me. It will be much helpful to me.

Thank you very much, bro. Is't only the Criminal Investigations Division of the Ghana Police Authority in Accra that can issue the Police Cert? What about the other Criminal Investigations Division of the Ghana Police Authority in different regions, like ashanti region(kumasi)? Is a copy of a valid passport necessary if I have somebody did it for me? Ciao

No, it can be only done in Accra. If you have someone in Kumasi, let the person travel to Accra to do it for you. I think a copy of your valid passport will be necessary. Just add it, even if it is not needed, it will not cause any harm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Successful Interview

WEKERE,,,,, CONGRATULATION........ WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR DETAILS
and olubu congrat for picking up your visa today i wish all of u guys gid luck in the state. those that are waiting for their interview i pray that it will be successful in jesus name amen...............

Thanks Bammyrichie.
Dear Friends, sorry for my late response, i couldn't access the net early.
With regards my story, infact it was God who favoured me n my wife.
We got to the embassy by 5am, did all the required checks (payment, metal scan e.t.c) n got in at about 8am for the interview. I paid the fee for two in dollars $1550. We waited for another two hours before we were called to window 12(the Chinese Lady).
The docs submitted by me include
For me,
Birth Cert
Marriage Cert
Waec, Degree
NYSC Cert
Police Cert
Medical Results

Wife
Birth Cert
Marriage Cert
Police Cert
Medical Results

The inteview:
CO: Good Morning
APP:..............
CO: Swear
App:..............
CO: Name
App:................
CO:Mothers Name
CO: Date of Birth
App:..................
CO:University attended n course
App:.................
CO: Tell me about your Project
CO: How did u propose to your wife n where was that
APP:..................
CO: When n where was ur trad marriage/court marriage
APP:.....................

The CO excussed me for a while n asked my wife the same questions.
She answered all correctly.
After which she gave us the pick up slip for collection on Tuesday 25/08.

Believe me friends there is no need to be scared, cos they are friendly. The AOS I-134 was not even asked for, so if you cant get one, dont bother.
Many thanks to all in the forum e.g Bammyrichie, 4real4u, Livewire007 n all members of the forum.
I equally wish all those waiting for theirs, best of luck.

hi Naaa,i believe Ammeck has said it all already.the police cert is provided only at the CID headquarters in Accra.i dont think its gonna be too much of a hussle in acquiring it though.all the best.

Thanks Bammyrichie.
We got to the embassy by 5am, did all the required checks (payment, metal scan e.t.c) n got in at about 8am for the interview. I paid the fee for two in dollars $1550. We waited for another two hours before we were called to window 12(the Chinese Lady).
For me,
Birth Cert
Marriage Cert
Waec, Degree
NYSC Cert
Police Cert
Medical Results

Wife
Birth Cert
Marriage Cert
Police Cert
Medical Results

The inteview:

Believe me friends there is no need to be scared, cos they are friendly. The AOS I-134 was not even asked for, so if you cant get one, dont bother.
Many thanks to all in the forum e.g Bammyrichie, 4real4u, Livewire007 n all members of the forum.

We thank God for you and your wife!!!!!!

Thanks Bammyrichie.
For me,
Birth Cert
Marriage Cert
Waec, Degree
NYSC Cert
Police Cert
Medical Results

Wife
Birth Cert
Marriage Cert
Police Cert
Medical Results

The inteview:

congratulations my brother.On the AOS,i believe everyone should strive to get one because we are all going to meet different COs at the interviews.

Am new to this forum. I wrote the WAEC in 2003 then in a public secondary school. I wrote it again in 2004 as a private student. In 2003 i performed badly with just 3 credits. In 2004 I passed all the subjects with 8 credits. Do i have to submit both results when going for the interview or do I have to submit the current one which I wrote in 2004.

Am new to this forum. I wrote the WAEC in 2003 then in a public secondary school. I wrote it again in 2004 as a private student. In 2003 i performed badly with just 3 credits. In 2004 I passed all the subjects with 8 credits. Do i have to submit both results when going for the interview or do I have to submit the current one which I wrote in 2004.

Welcome to this forum, you are at the right place. Go for the interview with the 2004 WAEC results that you passed all the 8 subjects, you dont need the one u sat for in 2003 at all.