• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hey guys,

Why do we have to show bank statements? Is that to prove that we have enough money to support ourselves?

I don't have much in my bank account right now. In fact, I have some loans and credit card debts that I'm still paying off. Should I worry about that?

UPDATE!

I received my interview letter on Jan 23rd! Interview scheduled for Feb 10th at 8.am.
I'm asked to bring - Passport, i-94, birth certificate, any other document(s) that i used to get into the country, so Im taking my I-20's. Valid government Id (drivers licence). Doesn't say anything about the I-134 but im taking it anyway.

For those that haven't gotten their letter yet, I did my biometrics on Dec 2nd and got my interview letter Jan 23rd for an interview on Feb 10th. So you can see the time line and calculate your 'approximate' wait time. I did it looking at others and it worked out quite close. I estimated Jan 20th, I was 3 days off.

Thanks to all those that shared their info, this site really helped.

Hope the interview goes smooth.
Any tips and suggestions will be much appreciated.
Peace.

If we have an employment letter do we still need I-134? My interview is coming up soon but I do not have that doc.Please let me know if it is a big problem.

If we have an employment letter do we still need I-134? My interview is coming up soon but I do not have that doc.Please let me know if it is a big problem.

I kind of have the same question, many people were asked for the I-134 on the interview letter, many were not. But it seems to be a common advice to take it just in case, even if the don't ask for it .....
When is your interview rukhshona ?

I want to update, I had an interview this morning. I arrived 20 mins before schedule. Not many people there today. About 6-7 pp there, most of them came in pair or 3 pp per case, I guess. It's more than 30 pp the day I took biometric fingerprint. I wonder why it's so much different. Anyway, I waited about 25 minutes, then a nice lady said my name. I was led to her office. Before I had a seat, she asked me to raise my hand and do the oath thing. Of course, I said yes. First, she asked for my passport and DL. Then she asked me to tell her my name, address, dob, my parents' name. She asked the basic questions - like criminal, terrorist, arrest before?, etc. Then she asked for my I-20. I handed them to her. She asked me how many times I entered US and what was the first time I've been here. Then she asked for my original birth certificate, and I handed it to her. Then, she scanned through all document quickly. The rest was just chitchatting, like what I'm studying, when I'll be done, my summer in Central America.

Lastly, she said everything is all set and I should get GC in a month. She took I-94 and I-131 from me too. I forgot my EAD card at home (I just got it yesterday). She said not to worry, it'll be fine. However, she didn't stamp on my passport. I asked her about this. I told her that I want to update my information at school so that I can apply for jobs that are available for PR (since international students cannot drop resume online or set up for an interview). She said I should bring the letter from employer and bring here to approve. She might noticed that I was a bit worry about this, she told me that she'll send an approval for my case today, everything should be done in a week, then a welcome letter will be sent out in a week, and I can use the welcome letter as an evidence of GC. I have waited since April, so I think I can wait for another 2-3 weeks.

Then I thanked her, said good bye and have a nice day.

Total time in USCIS office today was less than 35-40 mins. When I got back to my car, parking meter had almost an hour left ^_^

A big thanks for everyone in this thread for helping me get through the whole process. Hope you all get interview soon and pass it easily.

hpy,
That is absolutely fantastic!!!! :D Congratulations!! Kind of a serene feeling ain't it?

dematra can u tell me when u receive the wellcome letter, where did it posted from and also greencard, was it from the NSC or local office address and would u please tell me before u receive the wellcome letter ur online status has changed or not??? and if changed what it was saying?? I am going crazy, still no change on my online status and no mail... It has been 35 days and i do not know what to do. I called the cus. service they basicly checked it online and told me that it is pending at NSC and no more information, i told them i have been told that i would receive smth at mail in 2-3 weeks max a month by the interviewer but they told me to wait. it is driving me crazy:(

dematra can u tell me when u receive the wellcome letter, where did it posted from and also greencard, was it from the NSC or local office address and would u please tell me before u receive the wellcome letter ur online status has changed or not??? and if changed what it was saying?? I am going crazy, still no change on my online status and no mail... It has been 35 days and i do not know what to do. I called the cus. service they basicly checked it online and told me that it is pending at NSC and no more information, i told them i have been told that i would receive smth at mail in 2-3 weeks max a month by the interviewer but they told me to wait. it is driving me crazy:(

kakaco,
The dates are in my signature. The Welcome Notice, EAD and GC were all sent from NBC, Lee Summit.

My online status changed from "Case Pending" to "Card Ordered" about two weeks before I received the welcome notice. Anyway, during those two weeks my LUD changed every other day and everytime it changed I would get an email saying Card Production was ordered that on day. Finally the LUD stopped changing and about 3 days later I got the Welcome Notice. Two days later my status changed to "Approval Notice Sent" (after I had already received it) and 3 days later I received the GC.

Don't worry about it, it's comming. My understanding is that after adjudication the IO at the district office orders a visa # for you and returns your file to NBC where the case file is concluded and cards + welcome notice are ordered and sent, so at least you know your file has gone that far.

kakaco,
The dates are in my signature. The Welcome Notice, EAD and GC were all sent from NBC, Lee Summit.

My online status changed from "Case Pending" to "Card Ordered" about two weeks before I received the welcome notice. Anyway, during those two weeks my LUD changed every other day and everytime it changed I would get an email saying Card Production was ordered that on day. Finally the LUD stopped changing and about 3 days later I got the Welcome Notice. Two days later my status changed to "Approval Notice Sent" (after I had already received it) and 3 days later I received the GC.

Don't worry about it, it's comming. My understanding is that after adjudication the IO at the district office orders a visa # for you and returns your file to NBC where the case file is concluded and cards + welcome notice are ordered and sent, so at least you know your file has gone that far.

thanks so much dematra!!!

Hi. Does anyone know if an ORIGINAL copy of birth certificate is required for greencard interview? I can't find mine. Thanks for your help.

Case Number 2009EU00012XXX

April 25 2008 - Received letter from KCC
October 2008 - Completed Medical
December 26 2008 - Sent package to Chicago Lockbox, package to KCC and DV fee
January 3 20009 - Received 2nd letter from KCC confirming AOS
January 7 2009 - Checks (for me and husband) cashed
January 10 2009 - Received NOA for husband and I
January 11 2009 - Received receipt for payment of DV fee
January 12 2009 - Received letter scheduling for Biometrics for husband and I
January 28 2009 - Biometrics completed for husband and I

Waiting for interview letter!!!

Hi. Does anyone know if an ORIGINAL copy of birth certificate is required for greencard interview? I can't find mine. Thanks for your help.

Generally speaking your interview letter will ask you to bring original copies of all documents you sent it. And, in the event that it does not expressly ask you to bring the originals, then common practice is to have all your originals with you.

USCIS will sometimes consider other documents as secondary evidence, such as passports or an affidavit from your consulate or both parents...etc. Search their website - they have a page that talks about it. Either way if at the interview the IO is not satisfied then he will let you know what to do to remedy the deficiency.

Please refer to Supporting documents - Sec. 42. 65 of the Immigration and Nationality Act

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of have the same question, many people were asked for the I-134 on the interview letter, many were not. But it seems to be a common advice to take it just in case, even if the don't ask for it .....
When is your interview rukhshona ?

Sorry, for the late answer,

Friday,January 30th ,Thanks. I am too worried.I hope it will go well.

rukhshona

Sorry, for the late answer,

Friday,January 30th ,Thanks. I am too worried.I hope it will go well.

Just relax and make sure you have e'thing they need,you will be fine.

Do you mind telling us where is your local office?

Goodluck!!

Interview was OK, as expected. officer asked for originals. officer said everything looks fine but did not approve the application because she does not have experience with DV and the supervisor needs to look at it.