• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

I saw a similar thread for last years crop of DV winners and thought it would be usefult to start a 2009 thread for people who are Adjusting their status ONLY. Here we can share our trials and tribulations and help eachtoher out, make sure packets are complete and exchange what we have learnt.

In my two weeks of learning this is what I have found out -
1. I believe now that Im adjusting status, there will be no further contact required with the KCC.
2. I will just need to wait until my case number becomes current (which will be October 1st based on previous years), and send my I-485 among other forms to Chicago with fees.
3. I will be also sending my I-131 (Im told at no extra charge) with this package to get advance parole, so I can go see family over christmas while my case is pending. :)

My next step is to find out what exactly this package will need to consist of and what fees I will need to pay? It seems like it pays to be ahead of the curve in this process.

Good luck to everyone and share your thoughts!

Year: 2009
Case Number 116XX
country of eligibility:Nepal

I have already sent the first two forms to KCC and they sent me another letter stating that my case has been transferred to the DHS.

According to the visa bulletin my number is now current (For the month of March).

My question is what do I do in the coming months..... do I expect another letter from DHS before I do anything OR do I wait, I have not yet mailed any form of payment to any bureau... please help.

Regards,

My question is what do I do in the coming months..... do I expect another letter from DHS before I do anything OR do I wait, I have not yet mailed any form of payment to any bureau... please help.

Regards,[/QUOTE]

1.you should take time and read this thread first. 2.You have to pay 375$ fee for Department of State,( you`d better do it now, to get a reciept and send a copy of it with your application) 3.Get your i-485 application ready with all documentation.

I'm so confused...everyone writes sent payment to DOS but
1)what address do you send it to
2) who do I write the check to
3) do I pay $375 for me and $375 for my spouse seperately?

I want to send the money this week....any help will be appreciated.
thanx in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
take a look in your Notification package, you should have a form and an adress, and instructions as well.

I have
1) Department of State
Kentucky Consular Center(KCC)
3505 North highway 25W
Williamsburg KY,40769 USA

and also

2) US Department of State
Diversity Visa program,
PO Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri, 63197-9000

Where do I send the DS 122 and where do i send the check (and who do i address the the check to)?

thanx for the prompt response

Hi DVzee,
I sent mine to:

Department of State
3505 North highway 25W

I believe you received a mailing label with your NL. I would recommend you use the included mailing label or verify the mailing address from their instruction sheet.

Make your Money Order or Cashiers Check to "U.S. Department of State"

I would strongly suggest you stick to the instructions they gave you. I hope that helps. :)

I have
1) Department of State
3505 North highway 25W

and also

2) US Department of State
Diversity Visa program,
PO Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri, 63197-9000

Where do I send the DS 122 and where do i send the check (and who do i address the the check to)?

You send the DS 122 to the 1st address(KCC) and the money order/check to the 2nd address (St.Louis, Missouri).

Hey Guys,

No news yet regarding my EAD. Where do I check the status?

Thanks.

It appears that it takes USCIS NBC about 2 months to issue EADs. There is no other way (that I know of) of checking other than the Case Status Online and the telephone route.

It appears that it takes USCIS NBC about 2 months to issue EADs. There is no other way (that I know of) of checking other than the Case Status Online and the telephone route.

dematra,
i just saw that u received the card, congradssss!!!! i am so happy for u... there is no update from mine:( no change on the website either, so i will wait till to friday and schedule an infopass

Hi

My # is AF43*** and am adjusting my status as well. Am in Indiana. Anyone adjusted thier case in Indianapolis and what was your experience like?

Thanks

Hi

My # is AF43*** and am adjusting my status as well. Am in Indiana. Anyone adjusted thier case in Indianapolis and what was your experience like?

Thanks

I'm not in Indaina, but your chances are very slim if you decided to do AOS, because your # will be current in August 2008, so you will have two month to finalize the whoe lprocess, which is not enough.
Your best choice is going CP processing.
Good luck anyway.

I'm not in Indaina, but your chances are very slim if you decided to do AOS, because your # will be current in August 2008, so you will have two month to finalize the whoe lprocess, which is not enough.
Good luck anyway.

There are people with a similar case # who successfully adjusted their status last year (dv2008). Chances are that case # will be current in Jun/July this year.
People, must one consult the local USCIS office whether to go a head with AOS or not as it is indicated in the first package sent from KCC?

There are people with a similar case # who successfully adjusted their status last year (dv2008). Chances are that case # will be current in Jun/July this year.
chimaintrouble,
Although you are right, ALU4E brings up a very important issue for you to consider. One of the issues we have learned this year is that - how things worked last year is no indication of how things will work out this year. My suggestion would be that you closely monitor the visa bulletins in the next couple of months and make a final decision (CP/AOS) without delay.

People, must one consult the local USCIS office whether to go a head with AOS or not as it is indicated in the first package sent from KCC?

My experience has been that it is not necessary to visit with USCIS prior to filing for AOS. With that said, I would recommend you do thorough research on the DV process yourself.

dematra,
i just saw that u received the card, congradssss!!!! i am so happy for u... there is no update from mine:( no change on the website either, so i will wait till to friday and schedule an infopass

Thank you kakaco. I am sure your application is already approved. It's just a matter of time before you get a response from them. Also, watch you LUD for activity.

Good luck anyway.

I did consult with an immigration attorney and did call the KCC and they confirmed that I could send in my AOS application 60 days in advance of my number being current. I know there has been a lot of opinions regarding this but am confident it is correct information and the attorney will help with the whole process as well. I figure that should give me about a month or so in addition to the two months I figure I will have before September 30th. Will see if it works.

I did consult with an immigration attorney and did call the KCC and they confirmed that I could send in my AOS application 60 days in advance of my number being current. I know there has been a lot of opinions regarding this but am confident it is correct information and the attorney will help with the whole process as well. I figure that should give me about a month or so in addition to the two months I figure I will have before September 30th. Will see if it works.

They re right. i sent in my AOS forms as soon as the visa bulletin showed that my number would be current in 2 months and i had no problems.