• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Yes, the local processing date is not accurate.
I live in Southern California and processing date in my local office is Jan 08 but I already received interview appointment for feb.
I think processing dates for DV cases are given priority compare to those regular AOS application.
I found this 485 operating procedure online eventhough it's old, I don't think it is much different now: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf. Hope this helps.

This is really very nice article.
But for Dv cases, just start from page 40.
But is it the same procedures since 1999?

This is really very nice article.
But for Dv cases, just start from page 40.
But is it the same procedures since 1999?

I would say the procedure is more or less like it describes in the pdf. There may be changes but I don't think there is much change from then.

Help about wrong I-94 date

Hi,

I have a some compilacated file. I hope you guys help me for this.
I won Dv-Lottery 2009 and choose AOS and My number Current in this month. I have a H-1B visa and My wife' and my two daugter's have a H-4 Visa and i changed my company on May. When i prepare my cover lotter i realized that my wife's and my two daugter's I-94 has a incorrect year. (My I-94 has a correct date). Their year should be start 2008 and but they have written 2009. So My wife's and my two daugter's seems out of status right now. We went to USCIS local office and talked the situation about I-94 and they said "this is a type mistake and we try to correct it but this takes a couple months." Also USCIS officer at Local Office said this is type mistake and it souldn't be any problem. Because we know your visa date and our guys understand this.
If we wait the correct I-94 it takes may be 3 months so i wonder should i sent our files with wrong I-94's and cover letter about explanation situation ? Or Should we wait 3 months and sent our files ?

Thank you for your advice.

Hi,

I have a some compilacated file. I hope you guys help me for this.
I won Dv-Lottery 2009 and choose AOS and My number Current in this month. I have a H-1B visa and My wife' and my two daugter's have a H-4 Visa and i changed my company on May. When i prepare my cover lotter i realized that my wife's and my two daugter's I-94 has a incorrect year. (My I-94 has a correct date). Their year should be start 2008 and but they have written 2009. So My wife's and my two daugter's seems out of status right now. We went to USCIS local office and talked the situation about I-94 and they said "this is a type mistake and we try to correct it but this takes a couple months." Also USCIS officer at Local Office said this is type mistake and it souldn't be any problem. Because we know your visa date and our guys understand this.
If we wait the correct I-94 it takes may be 3 months so i wonder should i sent our files with wrong I-94's and cover letter about explanation situation ? Or Should we wait 3 months and sent our files ?

Thank you for your advice.

First and foremost consider talking to a legal professional. Now that that is said I can share my opinion on this situation:

If I were you I would file as normal. In my AOS package I would include a copy of my original I-94 and a copies of the H-1B/H-4 approval notices (I-797A I belive) including the I-94 that comes attached to the i-797A. If they dispute the filing they will contact you and you can explain it then, otherwise avoid creating issues where probably no issues exist. I'm just saying...

First and foremost consider talking to a legal professional. Now that that is said I can share my opinion on this situation:

If I were you I would file as normal. In my AOS package I would include a copy of my original I-94 and a copies of the H-1B/H-4 approval notices (I-797A I belive) including the I-94 that comes attached to the i-797A. If they dispute the filing they will contact you and you can explain it then, otherwise avoid creating issues where probably no issues exist. I'm just saying...

I agree with you.
Do not raise any issue or any red flags to your case, just send your file with all the documents.
Even with the worest case senraio, that contacted you about it, tell them that it is their mistake that they typed the wrong date, not yours.
Finally, it is just an openion, and the final decission is yours.
Good luck.

Dematra, any news??? Since we had the interview almost at the same times,i am following ur case status as mine :) I havent received anything yet so if u have received then i will start worrying about mine...maybe next week.

Although I'm done with my biometrics and recieved my EAD card and my wife, I recieved the NOA today for my family.

I know this might be normal, but what bothered me is that, the letters were stamped with " return to sender" stamp and crossed out by a pencil and it was dated back to 10/30/2008.

I'm afraid that, the same thing happened to the interview letter and I missed my interview.

Dematra, any news??? Since we had the interview almost at the same times,i am following ur case status as mine :) I havent received anything yet so if u have received then i will start worrying about mine...maybe next week.

kakaco,
Nothing new to report from this end, I'm still stuck at "card production ordered", but my LUD changed a couple of times last week ( better than nothing I guess). I am not sure what to make of it and I hope something comes through soon. For now I am just patiently waiting.....;)

I will keep ya posted though. :)

Although I'm done with my biometrics and recieved my EAD card and my wife, I recieved the NOA today for my family.

I know this might be normal, but what bothered me is that, the letters were stamped with " return to sender" stamp and crossed out by a pencil and it was dated back to 10/30/2008.

I'm afraid that, the same thing happened to the interview letter and I missed my interview.

So...the rest of your fam had not received their NOAs till now? What about the biometrics - did everyone receive their appointment? :confused:

So...the rest of your fam had not received their NOAs till now? What about the biometrics - did everyone receive their appointment? :confused:

Yes, every one did the biometric and we recieved the EAD.
My concern is about the interview letter.
I'm afraid it is lost or returned back to USCIS, like the NOA and missed my interview.

kakaco,
Nothing new to report from this end, I'm still stuck at "card production ordered", but my LUD changed a couple of times last week ( better than nothing I guess). I am not sure what to make of it and I hope something comes through soon. For now I am just patiently waiting.....;)

I will keep ya posted though. :)

Dematra,
My online status still shows the very old information 'ur fingerprint fee is accepted, ur file is at national benefits center' so no updates there, i dont even know if they order the card production or not:( i will be waiting one more week and probably schedule an infopass...

Need Urgent help from the Gurus

My wife is on H4 and she is a DV 2009 winner. She wants to file for AOS and I want to apply along with her as well. But my EB3 AOS is pending and she is not included in the petition. Now can I file a seond I-485 with her along with evidence of the pending I-485? DV 2009 ends in Sep 2009 so if I can't adjust my status within Spe 30th 2009, it ends there so I don't want to jeopardize my pending EB3 AOS. So what should I do? What are my options?

Any help is appreciated.

...DV 2009 ends in Sep 2009 so if I can't adjust my status within Spe 30th 2009, it ends there so I don't want to jeopardize my pending EB3 AOS. So what should I do? What are my options?....
Any help is appreciated.

i`m not an expert, but i think you can apply with your wife. When i consulted with a lawyer he said it is possible to have two processes going on.
When is your number current?

update: check cashed :)

Dematra,
My online status still shows the very old information 'ur fingerprint fee is accepted, ur file is at national benefits center' so no updates there, i dont even know if they order the card production or not:( i will be waiting one more week and probably schedule an infopass...

A bit more progress...
Received the welcome notice.:) As it turns out, (and to my supprise) that the welcome notice and AOS approval notice are one and same document. Who would have thought...!?

kakaco, be on the lookout. I bet yours is in the mail already.

A bit more progress...
Received the welcome notice.:) As it turns out, (and to my supprise) that the welcome notice and AOS approval notice are one and same document. Who would have thought...!?

kakaco, be on the lookout. I bet yours is in the mail already.

congrats dematra! must be so rewarding! I have my interview this thursday so I hope that I will be posting progress as good as yours soon enough!!

congrats dematra! must be so rewarding! I have my interview this thursday so I hope that I will be posting progress as good as yours soon enough!!

Thanks lindina254, progress is always a good thing. Especially on this journey we are all on, every little bit of progress counts no matter how small.

Hey, good luck on your interview. Stay confident, stay relaxed and stay positive - it'll be cake walk.

Thanks windv!!