• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Aos

Do you have idea how long time required after finger print? I had a finger print on Jan7, 2009. After that I did not receive any message. My serial number was current on December.

May 2008: Fist Notification letter

December 2008: Package sent to Chicago office (with medical record)
December 12, 2008: NOA for finger print.
January 07, 2009: Finger print done
Jan 30 2009: EAD order (Only mine)
Feb 07, 2009: EAD received
Feb 15,2009:I-131 received for all
Still, waiting for interview schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
interview experience

hello to everyone in this great forum.
i'm new to this thread but would like to share my interview experience. i had my interview today 29th. my husband and i got to the interview venue at about 7.50am bcos the interview was scheduled for 8am. we actually met about 10 people be4 us but we were called in first at 8am. at the interview, we took the oath as usual and to our surprise the officer did not ask for anything,all he said was that he wanted to confirm if we are still in status bcos we were presently on student F1 and F2 respectively. we gave him the 1-20 we brought and he asked for our address and we told him we moved but we've done the change of address online and he collected the copy and said he'll change it online. he now said we shdn't have included the affidavit of support that we didn't need . we're surprised with this but just told him we had to include it to be on the safe side. anyway, he said he knows we're telling the truth . he mentioned how organized we were bcos my husband arranged the documents neatly that we were able to pick out wat he asked for in seconds. he asked about the normal USCIS question like have u done this or commit that stuffs and we said NO , that was the only serious question we were asked though,
so be4 he could approve us, he said he needed to confirm we're still married, we showed him our marrigae certificate and lease agreement that showed both our names.
we asked him if he's going to remove the i-94 on the passport, he said we shd keep it but instead he brought a print out that they wrote APPROVED for both me and my husband, normally that should be in the file but he asked if we wanted he to make copies for us and we said yes. he said our GC will be mailed to us but we've been approved.
all this took about 5mins in all.
the whole process from the date we sent our package to chicago lockbox to the interview took about 54days .
i want to say a big thanks to everyone in this thread bcos without u guys we won't have been this prepared. and i wish everyone else the best of luck.

windv,
i had my interview today too, the officer that interviewed me did not know anything about DV either but i told him that my visa has been current since november so he went to confirm that with his supervisor and he brought out a printout that they wrote APPROVED and some other information including the alien registeration number. they will probably confirm ur visa today and mail u the GC in days or weeks. u don't have to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
windv,
i had my interview today too, the officer tat interview did not know anything about DV either but i told him that my visa has been since november so he went to confirm that with his supervisor and he brought out a printout that they wrote APPROVED and some other information including the alien registeration number. they will probably confirm ur visa today and mail u the GC in days or weeks. u don't have to worry.

thank you for the encouraging words. i have no idea how long it takes for the supervisor to look at the case.

i just checked my case status mins ago and both my husband and I's GC has already been ordered and this is just about 6hrs after my interview. thank you LORD

i just checked my case status mins ago and both my husband and I's GC has already been ordered and this is just about 6hrs after my interview. thank you LORD

Congratulations!!!

Where was your local office?if you don't mind.

Any interview letters for December people?
Still waiting on ours:(

hi santay,
my number was current in november but i mailed my package on the 16th of november and received my biometric appt on 29th november . i did my biometrics on the 16th december. got my interview letter on 12th january and did the interview on 29th january.
expect ur interview letter real soon. you're on the right track.

Interview letter scheduled

My interview letter arrived on Jan 23rd. Scheduled for Feb 25. To my surprise, in addition to my interview notice there is only one standard form telling me to bring my passport, ID, and the originals for the submitted documents. I guess they just send this additional list to everyone without customizing it for each individual applicant. And, the financial support document is mentioned in the back for "Family based applications documents" section.

For your information, my local office is Memphis.

I would like to thank everyone in this forum to share their experiences. I found it very helpful and supportive.

It might be true, at least in my case. My interviewer looked pretty familiar with DV. Another reason might be because I asked her about temporary stamp on passport to verify that my current status is PR at school (in order to sign up for job interview), so she might update my case immediately.

The procedures are the same everywhere, but it depends on the officer experience with DV cases.

congratss to everybody that either received the wellcome letters or had a successful interview. To be honest seeing u guys already getting urs really makes me nervous. it has been almost 40 days and no wellcome letter, no online status change, i think i am the only one in this situation and it seems like i can not get any updates or information from anybody that i called so i will try my chance and go to my local office and see if anybody can give me an update, i dont think they will but...i seriously feel hopeless at this point:(

congratss to everybody that either received the wellcome letters or had a successful interview. To be honest seeing u guys already getting urs really makes me nervous. it has been almost 40 days and no wellcome letter, no online status change, i think i am the only one in this situation and it seems like i can not get any updates or information from anybody that i called so i will try my chance and go to my local office and see if anybody can give me an update, i dont think they will but...i seriously feel hopeless at this point:(

I stopped thinking about it. first our local office does not expedite our app at all, then the officer tells me I dont know anything about DV...whatever...