• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Congratulations E2B! Good for you! :D
You have the honor of being the first DV2009 AOS member of this forum to get approved. Best of luck.

Congratulations !!! Pretty fast !!!

Would you mind sharing your interviewing experience?

Update.Interviewer gave me a verbal approval ( are they supposed to stamp your passport or something?) said they will call if they need anything, but everything seemed to be in order. It was short (15 mins). She told I should get the card in the next 6 weeks ( minimum).

Update.Interviewer gave me a verbal approval ( are they supposed to stamp your passport or something?) said they will call if they need anything, but everything seemed to be in order. It was short (15 mins). She told I should get the card in the next 6 weeks ( minimum).

WOW!! you r the lucky one!
congratulations!!!

Oh wow congrats...You actually got your interview appointment before you did you biometrics...I did my biometrics on the 13th as well but still awaiting my interview letter...I guess this just goes to show that there is no specific way they schedule people for these things...

Congrats again!!!

Congrats E2b. Curious to know. Where was your field office? What was your status before adjustment?

I also called USCIS to put in a service request for my biometrics appointment letter today. They said since it has been more than 30 days they can put in the request. I plan to go to go to my local field office either tomorrow or Monday so i can get the I 131 application speeded up.

Congrats E2b. Curious to know. Where was your field office? What was your status before adjustment?

I also called USCIS to put in a service request for my biometrics appointment letter today. They said since it has been more than 30 days they can put in the request. I plan to go to go to my local field office either tomorrow or Monday so i can get the I 131 application speeded up.

are you in F1 status and you are going to use advance parole?

congratulations E2B!!

I must confess that I am envious... please send us October early filers who have yet to receive our biometrics notices some positive green vibes!

:D

I got back from work today and there it was waiting for me...

A letter from my local office with an interview scheduled for December 15th. I am still yet to get a letter for my biometric appointment but put in a service request over the phone today. I am also still waiting to hear about my I-131 and I-765.

My only question now is will I be able to travel out of the country on December 17th to get home for christmas? Either with my I-131 or somehow by being approved for my greencard. Any one have an idea on this one?

A letter from my local office with an interview scheduled for December 15th. I am still yet to get a letter for my biometric appointment but put in a service request over the phone today. I am also still waiting to hear about my I-131 and I-765.

My only question now is will I be able to travel out of the country on December 17th to get home for christmas? Either with my I-131 or somehow by being approved for my greencard. Any one have an idea on this one?

That's great...that's a sign of progress. I would be very happy if I'd have got a interview letter. but...:(
I would say,if you can then go for a info pass and find out about your problem?

Ausmatt, where you located at??

Last edited by a moderator:

this is great, finally
does that mean that they are scheduling interview appointments without biometrics

I guess, you could go tomorrow and get more details about your case...and also can schedule another infopass later if needed. Right?

at least i can find out about name check and if Chicago is expediting dv cases, i guess they are but still I can ask

Given the experiences that other DV-08 winners had (not my personal experience - for instance, ruxy ~ end of feb. 08), if everything is in order and you're approved on 12/15, they will stamp your passport with the temporary permanent resident visa which you can use while coming back in the US. Make sure you tell them about your upcoming travel (i guess ... at the interview).

Good luck and Congratulations !!

ps. I strongly believe that you'll still have to get your biometrics done. I don't think they'll approve any case without the security checks (fingerprints, name checks, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!

Well thats an interesting turn of events. Hope never dies!

congratulations Ausmatt7- that is wonderful news! I hope to have the same surprise one of these days...

Hi everybody,

This seems to be a great forum, people helping each other out with their own experience. I was wondering, is anybody here a lawyer or all of you guys are DV participants? I am just starting the process.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everybody,

This seems to be a great forum, people helping each other out with their own experience. I was wondering, is anybody here a lawyer or all of you guys are DV participants? I am just starting the process.

Good luck to everyone!

I am a lawyer but Immigration Law is NOT my field of expertise so I consider myself a layperson for purposes of this forum...