• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

@ windv

F1.No advance parole, Just EAD, ( which the interviewer told me was pointless since my Green card will probably get to me before the EAD).

Last edited by a moderator:
@ hpy

My interview was at 9.00 am, I got there about half an hour. We were asked to slide our appointment letters through a door, where they were collected and we were called in by the interviewer who got your letter. My time came. I was ushered into the interviewer's office, did the swearing in, and then the interviewer started going through my file. She then asked for my I-20 and passports, looked them over and compared them to what was on file,then ran through the questions in the 1-485 form, like parent's names, place of birth, last point of entry, etc.Check my academic certificates and seemed satisfied enough. She then let me know that everything seemed in order and she needed anything they would be in contact, but I should get the card in 6 weeks minimum. The whole actually interview time took between 5-10 minutes. The only thing is that my USCIS online case tracking has the last date of update as the day I did my biometrics.

congratulations E2B!!

I must confess that I am envious... please send us October early filers who have yet to receive our biometrics notices some positive green vibes!

:D

It will come through soon enough. Honestly, I am also stunned at the speed.It only took 39 days from sending the stuff to the lock box to interview.

I don't know if this helps, but I took the advice of a previous filer here and put the DV case number on top corner of every form I filled out. I don't know if that helps, but I was told that if they know it is DV case, they usually move it through the process faster.But that has not been verified, could be just a myth and I got lucky.
Another thing, is that I had my old paper work from my previous work authorization. In there they had a small bar coded card that advices you to keep it and if you need to file anything with the DHS, mail the bar coded card with the documentation and it would speed up your process.I just found it by chance and attached it with my documentation.I think it helps them get all your information by just scanning the card and expedites the process,but again I am not sure.

Infopass Appointment

I do not have any hope to see any progress in my case until and unless I go and talk to immigration officer. I think it is stocked somewhere. :(
Therefore I scheduled an infopass appt. next week, hopefully it will be helpful.

I don't know if this helps, but I took the advice of a previous filer here and put the DV case number on top corner of every form I filled out. I don't know if that helps, but I was told that if they know it is DV case, they usually move it through the process faster.

Of every form ? including I-485 and G 325 ???
Another thing, you said: mnimum 6 weeks. Isn't it: maximum 6 weeks ??
Congratulations for being the first one on this forum to be approved !!!!!

mikenytola, and everybody else that is current in December: are you mailing your package on Friday or Saturday ? Just curious, i don't know...if you overnight it on Friday, it may get there on Saturday the 29th, day that they are closed, what would USPS do in that case ? or maybe you can tell them not to include saturday delivery ?

mikenytola, and everybody else that is current in December: are you mailing your package on Friday or Saturday ? Just curious, i don't know...if you overnight it on Friday, it may get there on Saturday the 29th, day that they are closed, what would USPS do in that case ? or maybe you can tell them not to include saturday delivery ?

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. Mine got there on a Saturday by USPS.

Question:
I am about to send my package on December 1st. My current H1-B expires on December 13 2008, but I already got the approval for the extension, which starts December 14 2008. What I-94 number should I put on the I-485? The one corresponding to the H1-B expiring on Dec. 13 or the new one starting on Dec. 14 ?
The thing is: when I send the package, my corresponding I-94 # is the one for the H1-B expiring on Dec 13, but probably by the time they review it my I-94 # will change to the one starting on Dec 14.
I don't want to oconfuse them, any ideas ???
Thanks

Question:
I am about to send my package on December 1st. My current H1-B expires on December 13 2008, but I already got the approval for the extension, which starts December 14 2008. What I-94 number should I put on the I-485? The one corresponding to the H1-B expiring on Dec. 13 or the new one starting on Dec. 14 ?
The thing is: when I send the package, my corresponding I-94 # is the one for the H1-B expiring on Dec 13, but probably by the time they review it my I-94 # will change to the one starting on Dec 14.
I don't want to oconfuse them, any ideas ???
Thanks

I'm am not sure if you have noticed it yet but it's the same I-94 # on both the original and the extension. (or at least it should be). I had the same question but then I realized that my I-94 # is the same on all my H-1s.

You are right dematra, I was looking at the I-94 # of the expiring I-797 when in fact i should have looked at the I-94 # I was given last time I entered to the US. Yes, they are both the same, thanks !!!!

@ hpy

My interview was at 9.00 am, I got there about half an hour. We were asked to slide our appointment letters through a door, where they were collected and we were called in by the interviewer who got your letter. My time came. I was ushered into the interviewer's office, did the swearing in, and then the interviewer started going through my file. She then asked for my I-20 and passports, looked them over and compared them to what was on file,then ran through the questions in the 1-485 form, like parent's names, place of birth, last point of entry, etc.Check my academic certificates and seemed satisfied enough. She then let me know that everything seemed in order and she needed anything they would be in contact, but I should get the card in 6 weeks minimum. The whole actually interview time took between 5-10 minutes. The only thing is that my USCIS online case tracking has the last date of update as the day I did my biometrics.

I did my Biometric on Nov. 21, and since then, no change on the online status, is this normal?
Thanks.

I do not have any hope to see any progress in my case until and unless I go and talk to immigration officer. I think it is stocked somewhere. :(
Therefore I scheduled an infopass appt. next week, hopefully it will be helpful.

I think I will have to schedule an infopass appointment as well. What reason do you give for wanting an infopass appointment?

do you state that you need service on a case that has already been filed? or that you need information?

If I click that I need service on a case, the only option that could be applicable to be is that I sent a service request and more than 45 days have passed... that is not my case. help! do I click on that anyway?

I think I will have to schedule an infopass appointment as well. What reason do you give for wanting an infopass appointment?

do you state that you need service on a case that has already been filed? or that you need information?

If I click that I need service on a case, the only option that could be applicable to be is that I sent a service request and more than 45 days have passed... that is not my case. help! do I click on that anyway?

I chose speak to immigration officer, (information and other services).
Try to choose the one which will let you take the appointment.

Hey guys,

How do you do that, in your posts, that shows your progress? Is there any special way to do it, so that it pops up automatically every time you publish a new post?

Thanks.

This "progress" is actually your signature. Once you sign in, choose "User CP" on the left of the top menu, and then "Edit Signature", and you are done, whatever you put on your signature will show up on every post you make. Hope this helps

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving folks! Enjoy the turkey. Ya know - we are all like the pilgrims except that most of us got here on planes. After all this years I have finally developed a taste for turkey.:D

Going to be going over the package tonight a few more times to make sure it's complete, and mailing it out first thing in the morning. Was thinking Fedex overnight over USPS.

Still not sure if she should have the I-797. hmmmm.. Is it one of those things that won't hurt anything if you have it? Also I'm not sure what she'd put for #16. Any last minute help on this? I'm thinking (c)(3)(A)? Or probably (c)(9)

Also, the NL with the barcode. Doesn't the first and second have a bar code? Am I right thinking that it's the second one that get's a copy sent?

Ok, I just sent the package via USPS, Express Mail, will be getting there monday by 3pm. Now the fun starts !!!!:confused:
This was the cover letter of my package:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration services

Re: Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) of __________ , a winner of the DV2009, case number DV2009SA0000XXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

In support of the referenced petition and application, I am enclosing the following:

1. Completed and signed form I-485;
2. Filling Fee of $1010 for I-485 and Biometrics;
3. Two identical color photographs (2” x 2”);
4. I-693 (Medical Examination for Alien seeking AOS) in sealed envelope;
5. Photocopy of government issued Birth Certificate, plus its corresponding English certified and notarized translation;
6. Evidence of required education consisting of:
a. Photocopy of Diploma (Masters of Science)
b. Photocopy of transcript (Masters of Science)
c. Photocopy of “Academic Credentials Report” (Bachelor of Science)
7. Letter of Employment;
8. Pay History 2008 (as 11/01/2008) and Photocopy of 2007 W-2;
9. Photocopies of Passport consisting of:
a. Identity page
b. Renewal/revalidation for 5 more years page ( valid until Nov 05 2011)
c. U.S. nonimmigrant visas
10. Photocopy of I-94;
11. Proof of maintaining valid status while in the US consisting of:
a. Photocopies of two I-797A (H1B Approval Notices)
b. Photocopy of OPT (Optional Practical Training) Employment Authorization Card
c. Photocopies of Seven I-20 (Eligibility for F-1 Status)
12. Completed and signed form G-325A;
13. Photocopy of DV2009 Notification letter, bar code page and DS122 acknowledgment letter
14. Photocopy of receipt showing payment to the DOS for Diversity Immigration processing fee