• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

haha Its difficult for any of our cases to be processed when the whole USCIS system is down for 4 days straight. Lets hope its fixed before christmas.

the thing that I just don't understand is how is it that the november filers' cases are processing as normal and ours are not? why is this "systems down" affecting only those who filed in October?

Could there be other factors causing the delay? Like your current status or maybe you have a visa issued in the last 12 months....e.t.c? Maybe there is something that the early filers have in common.

Could there be other factors causing the delay? Like your current status or maybe you have a visa issued in the last 12 months....e.t.c? Maybe there is something that the early filers have in common.

at this point who knows? I have an H1B visa and I have never been out of status. My last H1B visa was issued in Europe in December 2007.

Will a finger cut affect the biometric, or have it rescheduled?
My biometric is after two days and I had a cut in my left index finger.

the fact that we are in H1B status should not make a difference...

we are F1s, no problems, complications, etc. so it's not that
maybe it's because we are in big cities but I am not sure about that
I think they just made a mistake.

Can this be all part of the whole 'name chk' issues that many face?
I dont think so because they schedule you for fingerprints and interview even if the name check is pending.
I'll find out on friday what's going on with my name check.

name checks usually clears between 24-72 hrs but the biggy that most people usually have problems with is FBI background check which could take quite some time if u have a common last name (my name check and background check both cleared in 24 hrs which was a relief).
i don't understand why you guys that filed in October are not getting fingerprint appointments/interview letters yet.
hey man, if u are thinking about doing Infopass appointment on friday, I will suggest that you ask them for the complaint form which u write out ur complaints and then mail it to some address in kansas city, MO.
I was told when i did an infopass appointment that it takes this office in Kansas city about 6 days to open the mail and i should get a response from them anytime after that. This was when i was waiting patiently for my interview letter while time was running out. Anyways, i wrote my complaints on this form, my A# and name as it appears on my NOA and in less than 2wks, i got my interview letter. I don't know if the letter did it but i sure got the interview letter after the letter was mailed.

name checks usually clears between 24-72 hrs but the biggy that most people usually have problems with is FBI background check which could take quite some time if u have a common last name (my name check and background check both cleared in 24 hrs which was a relief).

How did you know that your name check cleared in 24hrs? Does that detail show up online (USCIS Case status)?

Hey guys...I am also a DV 09 winner and I thot I'd share my experience thus far.

I do not want to put panic into you guys but, my number was current in October...and as soon as I submitted my AOS package I got a Biometrics appointment within a week. I did my biometrics last week Thursday, Nov 13th and now I am waiting on the Interview. I think our experiences have been pretty similar thus far, except that some of you guys have not gotten your biometrics appointment.

From my experience dealing with USCIS, there is probably nothing wrong...they usually just take their time to get to things. I dont think they say it anywhere that you will get your finger printing appointment within a week or two of receipt of your AOS package. What they do is, they set out a time frame for the whole process and try to complete each case within that time frame. So for AOS for DV winners, it is a 4/5 month process, so I think even if you dont have your Biometrics appointment yet, you should still on schedule to get your Green card within 4-5 months of filing your application.

I do not think there is much you can do or obtain by going through infopass or using your lawyer...at least not at this stage. Just try to remain patient. If anybody should be scared, it should be the guys who's numbers are not going to be current until June/July next yr.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents and contribute something to the board because I've enjoyed reading you guy's experience and its been helpful thus far for me.

Why would a visa issued in the last 12 months delay the process? Could you please clarify, thanks.

You might get turned back but it depends on what part of your finger was affected. They check your finger for any cuts or wounds before you do the biometrics. So depending on how large or messy it is, you might have to come back. Goodluck

Hey Matutuelandia, current visa's should not affect anything. I have a current visa issued within the past 12 months and I've already done my biometrics. As long as you're not an illegal immigrant and as long as your current visa{if you have one} status is eligible for conversion to Permanent resident. For example, people on F1 visas, and H1B visas are eligible but people on B1/B2 visas, J visas and some other visas would not be eligible for adjustment to permanent resident. Hope that helps

Thanks hollagaby, I was curious about that coment. I am current an H1-B holder, my number becomes current in December and also my H1-B visa expires on December, but I already applied for an extension on September. I hope nobody at the USCIS think that I am of status (by the time I send my AOS) because my current visa is expired, and then have to explain to them that when an application for extension has been done before the expriration date automatically authorizes me to legally work for another 240 days starting at the expiration date of the current visa (these 240 days are ment to give time for the application for extension to be processed). I hope they know it already and wont give me a hard time.
Anybody in the same situation ?

Why would a visa issued in the last 12 months delay the process? Could you please clarify, thanks.

It doesn't necessarily delay your case but it's a factor worth knowing about.

If you indicate that a non-immigrant visa has been issued to you within the last 12 months then USCIS will send page 4 of your G-325A to DOS who will in turn send it to their consulates asking them to search their records and copy your file (if found) to USCIS. USCIS will sometimes suspend a case up to 60 days waiting for info to be returned.

It doesn't necessarily delay your case but it's a factor worth knowing about.

If you indicate that a non-immigrant visa has been issued to you within the last 12 months then USCIS will send page 4 of your G-325A to DOS who will in turn send it to their consulates asking them to search their records and copy your file (if found) to USCIS. USCIS will sometimes suspend a case up to 60 days waiting for info to be returned.

l have been applied change of status. they sent me apointment for finger print and l went to finger print so what is the next step. when will l get to interview date? and l want to learn when l went to finger print someone who take finger print and who told me one of work auothorization the other one is for green card. so do l need to send those apointment letter back to uscis? thank you

Hey guys...I am also a DV 09 winner and I thot I'd share my experience thus far.

I do not want to put panic into you guys but, my number was current in October...and as soon as I submitted my AOS package I got a Biometrics appointment within a week. I did my biometrics last week Thursday, Nov 13th and now I am waiting on the Interview. I think our experiences have been pretty similar thus far, except that some of you guys have not gotten your biometrics appointment.

From my experience dealing with USCIS, there is probably nothing wrong...they usually just take their time to get to things. I dont think they say it anywhere that you will get your finger printing appointment within a week or two of receipt of your AOS package. What they do is, they set out a time frame for the whole process and try to complete each case within that time frame. So for AOS for DV winners, it is a 4/5 month process, so I think even if you dont have your Biometrics appointment yet, you should still on schedule to get your Green card within 4-5 months of filing your application.

I do not think there is much you can do or obtain by going through infopass or using your lawyer...at least not at this stage. Just try to remain patient. If anybody should be scared, it should be the guys who's numbers are not going to be current until June/July next yr.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents and contribute something to the board because I've enjoyed reading you guy's experience and its been helpful thus far for me.

I second you, and they try to hurry things up during the last minutes.(june to sep.)