• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Biometrics Appointment Notice received. Progress!
Scheduled for next week.

wow that's good news, congratulations.

Now it is freaking me out...coz November folks started getting their biometric and we (october folks) are still waiting...i am going nuts here :mad:

wow that's good news, congratulations.

Now it is freaking me out...coz November folks started getting their biometric and we (october folks) are still waiting...i am going nuts here :mad:

tell me about it! this makes no sense! I really hope that the helpful forum members that signed up for Infopass appointments will be able to let us know what the story is!

otherwise what was the purpose of filing as soon as our numbers became current?

tell me about it! this makes no sense! I really hope that the helpful forum members that signed up for Infopass appointments will be able to let us know what the story is!

I think USCIS loose track of all the october cases...or something, this is not as expected, as many of us are still waiting who submitted on October.

I will be going for a infopass appointment now..this is too much of wait...i am getting so impatient.

oh man...the only thing I need right now is Johnkent telling me to chill

see k1s send their application to Chicago lockbox and then they are sent to NBC and are expedited, dv winners go through the same process as K1s because of the time limit. There are other employment based application which are sent to NBC as well but only those that need interview. These wait in line and are not expedited. For example, right now according to trackitt for Chicago, these emp. applications wait 2-3 months for interview after they were sent to NBC. maybe because we were first they didnt know what to do with our files and we didnt take the K1s route. now when our receipt numbers become current for interview according to our local offices, an officer will look at our files and see that we are missing fingerprints and request that. the only thing i dont get is that they say that fingerprint scheduling is done automatically after an applicant's data is entered into their CLAIMS system. We know that our files are in that system because we got A numbers. but again if our files are not expedited we are probably in some line for fingerprints as well.

From what I am reading this is the only thing that makes sense right now.

this is so strange. has that ever happened before

see k1s send their application to Chicago lockbox and then they are sent to NBC and are expedited, dv winners go through the same process as K1s because of the time limit. There are other employment based application which are sent to NBC as well but only those that need interview. These wait in line and are not expedited. For example, right now according to trackitt for Chicago, these emp. applications wait 2-3 months for interview after they were sent to NBC. maybe because we were first they didnt know what to do with our files and we didnt take the K1s route. now when our receipt numbers become current for interview according to our local offices, an officer will look at our files and see that we are missing fingerprints and request that. the only thing i dont get is that they say that fingerprint scheduling is done automatically after an applicant's data is entered into their CLAIMS system. We know that our files are in that system because we got A numbers. but again if our files are not expedited we are probably in some line for fingerprints as well.

From what I am reading this is the only thing that makes sense right now.

this is so strange. has that ever happened before

is it possible, they sent it to wrong address. My personal check has different address than the one at 485.
Since they accepted my personal cheque for biometric fee...is there any chance that they sent it to wrong address? how about you guys???

is it possible, they sent it to wrong address. My personal check has different address than the one at 485.
Since they accepted my personal cheque for biometric fee...is there any chance that they sent it to wrong address? how about you guys???

i dont think so
in that case you would be the only one who didnt get it

From a while back ....
I thought biometric letter/appointment will be issued by MSC not the local office, isn't it?

No, both of my biometric and interview appointment letters are issued from my local office. The envelope have the local office's address on it.

I noticed that the biometrics notice was sent from MSC @ Lee's Summit according to the postmark. Hmmmm.....very curious.

From a while back ....
I noticed that the biometrics notice was sent from MSC @ Lee's Summit according to the postmark. Hmmmm.....very curious.

curious indeed. still, only thing i heard from my many useless calls with USCIS is that my case is currently at MSC in Lee's Summit so maybe there is hope that my biometric is being sent from there!!

oh man...the only thing I need right now is Johnkent telling me to chill

Wow....things are getting toooo hot here..... and definitely chilling out is not a bad idea !!
But I think we all understand the frustration. The real bad thing is that this freaks out ppl like me who have high CN # s. But I decided to take things calm and just wait and face things as they come. 'Cos after much thought I decided anyways to do AoS over CP. So I'm ready to take it one way or another. Hope those who have 'future' CN #s would also not panic, but do be aware what you might face.

Ok...having said that to calm the nerves of high CN s, I wonder why some of you early birds have probs? Can this be part of the whole 'name chk' issues that many face? 'Cos USCIS does name checks using several methods (FBI is only an important part of it) If I am not mistaken, as soon as an I-485 is entered onto the system it is supposed to automatically go through some of those chks.

Tell me , do some of you guys have got very common last names or other names as far as individual home countries are concerned? 'Cos I ve heard that this may sometimes cause 'hits' (mistaken ID) in the name chk systems and raise red flags that require further manual processing.

This was the reason that one of my friends suggested me to submit my own request for background check as allowed by FBI.
(http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm)
So that it makes a record of me at FBI and also one can see whether they would hit a mistaken ID situation. I did this cpl of months back and got my 'No Records Found' seal in no time.

Those of you who did ASC fingerprints, was it the same blue color fingerprint form they use at that time?
(http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/pdf/fpcardb.pdf)
If it is the case, there is a box in it called 'FBI #'. If you have gone through the FBI process once you get that number and you are supposed to give it in subsequent finger print forms, so that FBI can see your prior chk and may be speed up the process.

Now, I do not know how this would help in a i-485 case, but I would suggest especially those who have high CN s and decided to do AoS, apply for that self FBI chk and see whats up with your record with them. It cost very little and cannot hurt anything in any case. But be warned, a cleared record in this process is not a guarantee that the USCIS name chk process would be a hassle free.....hey it is what it is...USCIS....anything is possible with them !

Just my 2c......and as for than chilling out.....sorry, but most other options 'may' just drive you more and more crazy!!. I would suggest that since you have more 'time' in the fiscal year and if your current visa status let you stay in US without any worry......yes.....chill out and cheer up !

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. Look weird that Nov receive an appointment letter before Oct folks. Since I send my package a few days after you, I hope I'll receive mine soon :)

Biometrics Appointment Notice received. Progress!
Scheduled for next week.

Hello guys!!! I am one of the DV2009 winners, I sent my application by oct 1 and received the notice by Oct 09, then received the first biometrics appointment letter for 485 (done by nov 03) and received another one for I-765 scheduled for today(nov 17). Now waiting for the interview letter. In my case I had two biometrics appointment because when I sent my documents to chicago, they returned my I-765 application because of not using the most current form so I needed to resubmit it,so I am guessing that is the reason they scheduled two fingerprint appointments:) when i check my online status it says the biometrics fee is accepted and application is pending at NBC.so hopefully I will hear smth soon. Thanks to eveybody on this form,it helps a lot!!!

Wow....things are getting toooo hot here..... and definitely chilling out is not a bad idea !!
But I think we all understand the frustration. The real bad thing is that this freaks out ppl like me who have high CN # s. But I decided to take things calm and just wait and face things as they come. 'Cos after much thought I decided anyways to do AoS over CP. So I'm ready to take it one way or another. Hope those who have 'future' CN #s would also not panic, but do be aware what you might face.

Ok...having said that to calm the nerves of high CN s, I wonder why some of you early birds have probs? Can this be all part of the whole 'name chk' issues that many face? 'Cos USCIS does name checks using several methods (FBI is only an important part of it) If I am not mistaken, as soon as an I-485 is entered onto the system it is supposed to automatically go through some of those chks.

Tell me , do some of you guys have got very common last names or other names as far as individual home countries are concerned? 'Cos I ve heard that this may sometimes cause 'hits' (mistaken ID) in the name chk systems and raise red flags that require further manual processing.

This was the reason that one of my friends suggested me to submit my own request for background check as allowed by FBI.
(http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm)
So that it makes a record of me at FBI and also one can see whether they would hit a mistaken ID situation. I did this cpl of months back and got my 'No Records Found' seal in no time.

Those of you who did ASC fingerprints, was it the same blue color fingerprint form they use at that time?
(http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/pdf/fpcardb.pdf)
If it is the case, there is a box in it called 'FBI #'. If you have gone through the FBI process once you get that number and you are supposed to give it in subsequent finger print forms, so that FBI can see your prior chk and may be speed up the process.

Now, I do not know how this would help in a i-485 case, but I would suggest especially those who have high CN s and decided to do AoS, apply for that self FBI chk and see whats up with your record with them. It cost very little and cannot hurt anything in any case. But be warned, a cleared record in this process is not a guarantee that the USCIS name chk process would be a hassle free.....hey it is what it is...USCIS....anything is possible with them !

Just my 2c......and as for than chilling out.....sorry, but most other options 'may' just drive you more and more crazy!!. I would suggest that since you have more 'time' in the fiscal year and if your current visa status let you stay in US without any worry......yes.....chill out and cheer up !

Can this be all part of the whole 'name chk' issues that many face?
I dont think so because they schedule you for fingerprints and interview even if the name check is pending.
I'll find out on friday what's going on with my name check.

This really is getting frustrating. I hope there is some simple explanantion for why Novemebr cases are getting replies before october cases. And hoping its not some mess up from what seems to be a very inefficient USCIS. I guess the one good thing is that there is atleast a handfull of us who are in the same boat. I think it would be alot more worrying if it was just one person.

Fingers crossed for the mailbox tomorrow.

This really is getting frustrating. I hope there is some simple explanantion for why Novemebr cases are getting replies before october cases. And hoping its not some mess up from what seems to be a very inefficient USCIS. I guess the one good thing is that there is atleast a handfull of us who are in the same boat. I think it would be alot more worrying if it was just one person.

Fingers crossed for the mailbox tomorrow.

hey ...guys how can I reach USCIS customer service? When I dial the USCIS phone no. it is only automated. What are the options that I should select.? Please let me know.

hey ...guys how can I reach USCIS customer service? When I dial the USCIS phone no. it is only automated. What are the options that I should select.? Please let me know.

I remember someone said the best way to get to a 'human' over there is to select the 'change address' option. Give it a try and see.

However, I m not sure what the CustSvc can do. Following link give a detailed contact list to all the USCIS offices.

A Fax message to MSC and to your district/field office 'may' help.

Cheers !

http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=26529&linkid=183314 ==> this is part of the info found at the following AILA web page

http://www.aila.org/Content/default.aspx?docid=26529

Last edited by a moderator:
spoke to USCIS- they were more helpful than previous times

so I called again (hoping fourth time would be the charm.)

I explained (again) that I filed the 485 on 10/1, that my check (including the biometric fee) was cashed more than 30 days ago and that I have yet to receive a notice for the biometrics appointment.

I was told by the USCIS customer service representative that their system was still down and that therefore they could not put in a service request on my behalf.

I asked him to explain the process to me and basically if it has been more than 30 days, USCIS puts in a service request to the pertinent center telling them that it has been more than 30 days and that the service center must send the applicant a notice for the biometrics appointment.

I was then told to call back again tomorrow (as they could not process the service request with the system still down.....)

catch 22 of the day: there is a way to alert USCIS that you have been waiting for the biometric appointment for more than 30 days but until USCIS' system is back up there is no way to alert them so they do not know that you have been waiting more than 30 days.

if this weren't so serious, I would think this is a joke.

so I called again (hoping fourth time would be the charm.)

I explained (again) that I filed the 485 on 10/1, that my check (including the biometric fee) was cashed more than 30 days ago and that I have yet to receive a notice for the biometrics appointment.

I was told by the USCIS customer service representative that their system was still down and that therefore they could not put in a service request on my behalf.

I asked him to explain the process to me and basically if it has been more than 30 days, USCIS puts in a service request to the pertinent center telling them that it has been more than 30 days and that the service center must send the applicant a notice for the biometrics appointment.

I was then told to call back again tomorrow (as they could not process the service request with the system still down.....)

catch 22 of the day: there is a way to alert USCIS that you have been waiting for the biometric appointment for more than 30 days but until USCIS' system is back up there is no way to alert them so they do not know that you have been waiting more than 30 days.

if this weren't so serious, I would think this is a joke.

I called them three times today, and they told me the same answer - that their system is down (they said it's been down since friday, monday, and today and hopefully it will be up tomorrow) and I should try tomorrow.

Now all I can say is - waiting time is not fun.:(

haha Its difficult for any of our cases to be processed when the whole USCIS system is down for 4 days straight. Lets hope its fixed before christmas.