• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

getting delayed. And that's why I didn't agree with Johnkent. and his suggestion that we should chill doesn't sound good to me. Waiting for your check to be cashed (which was his case) and waiting for biometrics appointment are two totally different problems. The first happens when they get too many applications and they don't even open your package. So your case experiences a slight delay but it is still expedited. In the second case, which is ours...it looks like our cases are sent to local offices and we are waiting in line, which shouldn't happen with DV cases. DV cases as we all know are time sensitive and it is extremely important that they expedite them otherwise it becomes risky. I talked to a friend who applied last Oct. (not a dv case) he waited 5 months to get the biometrics letter because he was supposed to wait in line.
Also I dont mind waiting 4-5 months for my interview but I would like to know that in the meantime my name check is done. I think this is the biggest problem for us right now because we don't want that to be delayed as well.

This is just my opinion. I don't want to argue. I might be wrong, I hope I am wrong. I wish everyone gets their card on time.

I can see why you are panicking a lil bit which is normail You should have actually received ur biometric appointment letter as its been a lil bot over a month since you got NOA's.
I would advise you call customer service. U would have to kinda lie for you to bypass the first customer rep who knows absolutely nothing. Call USCIS, when u speak to the first rep, tell em that you have not received NOA's and thats its been 30 days since you mailed ur application. They will automatically transfer you to the next level of customer care which is where they actually have access to immigration files. Then you can explain stuff to them about not getting ur biometric appointment and also why it needs to be expedited cos of DV lottery. Let me know if that works.

I can see why you are panicking a lil bit which is normail You should have actually received ur biometric appointment letter as its been a lil bot over a month since you got NOA's.
I would advise you call customer service. U would have to kinda lie for you to bypass the first customer rep who knows absolutely nothing. Call USCIS, when u speak to the first rep, tell em that you have not received NOA's and thats its been 30 days since you mailed ur application. They will automatically transfer you to the next level of customer care which is where they actually have access to immigration files. Then you can explain stuff to them about not getting ur biometric appointment and also why it needs to be expedited cos of DV lottery. Let me know if that works.

thanks a lot for your advice johnkent- we dv winners of 2009 really appreciate it!

I will try to call today during lunch time...

Guys, please, what do you think?:confused:

My husband is on H1b, i`m on H4, i`m DV09 winner. We are in NY, and i was thinking to move to Pennsylvania (i have friends there), beacause their office is not as busy as in NY.
My question, could it raise any questions, like why i`m not with my hubby in NY? why or anything like that....
Should i even bother to change my local office?

Thank you!!!

2009EU14***

Last edited by a moderator:
...We are in NY, and was thinking to move to Pennsylvania (i have friends there), beacause their office is not as busy as in NY.....

My opinion:

OMG...come on!! The whole busy office idea is nothing more than speculation. A pure unsubstanciated claim. Theory. I would not recommend moving just to get to a shorter imaginary waiting line. I would however recommend patience.

I am thinking of making an infopass appointment
if you choose 'you need information or other services' it lets you do the appointment without waiting for 90 days

UPDATE- just spoke to USCIS

hello all.

as promised I called USCIS at lunchtime to see if I could get some information out of the customer service representative (as per johnkent's kind suggestion.)

I followed the prompts and basically said that I had not received a notification and more than 30 days had passed.

The customer service rep I spoke to was very nice- she took my name and MSC number and placed me on hold, and then came back a couple of minutes later to tell me that the whole system was down and she could not access anything and that I should call back!! so frustrating!

At this point, I aked her: once the check is cashed for the biometrics, how much time should elapse before one receives the biometrics letter and she said "approximately 30 days after we send out the notice of action indicating we cashed the fee." I told her that it has been 37 days in my case and she told me that I should call back later today or monday so that I can speak to someone about it.

It makes sense that they biometric letter would follow rather quickly after the cashing of the check for the biometric fee. Like most of the people on this forum, I was not expecting to receive an interview date anytime soon but the biometric issue does have me worried.

I don't know whether it would be a good idea for all those (but only those)who are in the same boat as me (ie. received their NOA more than 30 days ago) to also call USCIS and check up on their case as well....

I will call again in a couple of hours. They close at 6pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello all.

as promised I called USCIS at lunchtime to see if I could get some information out of the customer service representative (as per johnkent's kind suggestion.)

I followed the prompts and basically said that I had not received a notification and more than 30 days had passed.

The customer service rep I spoke to was very nice- she took my name and MSC number and placed me on hold, and then came back a couple of minutes later to tell me that the whole system was down and she could not access anything and that I should call back!! so frustrating!

At this point, I aked her: once the check is cashed for the biometrics, how much time should elapse before one receives the biometrics letter and she said "approximately 30 days after we send out the notice of action indicating we cashed the fee." I told her that it has been 37 days in my case and she told me that I should call back later today or monday so that I can speak to someone about it.

It makes sense that they biometric letter would follow rather quickly after the cashing of the check for the biometric fee. Like most of the people on this forum, I was not expecting to receive an interview date anytime soon but the biometric issue does have me worried.

I don't know whether it would be a good idea for all those (but only those)who are in the same boat as me (ie. received their NOA more than 30 days ago) to also call USCIS and check up on their case as well....

I will call again in a couple of hours. They close at 6pm.

I called them. She said it can take up to 3 months to get biometrics. I explained that it's a time sensitive case to which she replied that she knows that they are supposed to be expedited but she can't do anything and I should make infopass appointment. She was very nice but didn't even check in their system.

So I made the appointment for next Friday.

I called them. She said it can take up to 3 months to get biometrics. I explained that it's a time sensitive case to which she replied that she knows that they are supposed to be expedited but she can't do anything and I should make infopass appointment. She was very nice but didn't even check in their system.

So I made the appointment for next Friday.

that is so typical! they tell me it takes one month and they tell you it can take up to three months!

then again if the system worked properly and consistently we would probably not need forums like this one!

that is so typical! they tell me it takes one month and they tell you it can take up to three months!

then again if the system worked properly and consistently we would probably not need forums like this one!

that's true. I think only infopass is going to help at this point.

ASC codes

I was a little curious about those ASC codes that appear on the NOAs so I went to do some digging and here is what I found - for those of you that are interested in knowing anyway.

1 → Fingerprint capture on all 10 fingers.
2 → Fingerprint capture on right index finger only + photo + signature sample.
3 → Fingerprint capture on all 10 fingers + photo + signature sample.

Go figure! :rolleyes: We learn something new every day.

hello

What's the latest current CN for asia?
My CN is 2009AS00014xxx.
When will be my second letter coming?
pls answer me.
I'm from BURMA(MYANMAR)
When will be my second NL coming? :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Advice please!!!

Hi All,

I'm adjusting status with my husband and we're current in Dec, do we need to send two checks( one for each applicant) or one check with the sum of $2020 will be ok?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I'm adjusting status with my husband and we're current in Dec, do we need to send two checks( one for each applicant) or one check with the sum of $2020 will be ok?

Thanks.
Send the separate check for each application, you'll be receiving two receipt (NoA) for each applicant.

Now it is start raining.

Why your number starts with ASC, Mine starts with MSC?
What is the difference?

No..not the receipt number, I was refering to the "ASC code" section that appears directly below the applicants name.