• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

is here anybody applying in New York?
The office seems to be soooo busy!! is that right??

I am applying in New York as well... I know that they are very busy but don't know to what extent because even the USCIS website has not updated its processing dates since August!!

I-693 Medical Exam

It looks like the USCIS have changed the rules sometime in May or around that time about X-RAY requirements for the pregnant women. I was not careful to read evertyhing about the I-693 form before we went to the Doctor's office. Initially, they told us that they will give a blanket waiver for my wife because she is pregnant. Later on the doctor called me and informed me that everybody who has a positive Tb-skin test result should be x-rayed including the pregnant women. He also gave me the website to read. It is also written on the I-693 pages of USCIS website:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Did you have similar problems, or any other idea?

Thanks

I actually was last night reading about the "Changes to the Tuberculosis and Vaccination Requirements Required for Adjustmen of status", and it clearly says:

"A chest x-ray is required for all applicants with a TST reaction of more than 5 mm, including pregnant women."

"Only" if your reaction was more than 5mm, you should take the X-Ray. Don't take any chances. This is true for all medical exams after July 1 2008.

Anyone from Washington D.C. field office or have informaion/experiences about this field office?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,
I've just been through the whole DV 2008 AOS only thread....seems like we're all headed for quite a journey....

just a thought...can we apply for DV 2010 even if we've won DV2009...I just thought that it's worth a try if it doesn't work out this time....maybe next year....

I just want to know if there is any law or rule that prohibits us from doing so...
I would like to do it before December so all suggestions are welcome...and does it affect my DV2009 process?

Thanks!

you can, there is no law

For DV 2008, people received their biometric letter after 3 weeks - 2 months of sending AOS package to chicago, average of 1.5 months.
So October folks should be getting their biometric apptmt letter starting next week, just my guess.

Also, if you see last year people filing in November got processed earlier...strange huh!!!

Hi all,

I don't know if it is a good time to post this message but I just want to keep you guys updated as seems I am the only one in the early October group get the biometric letter and interview appointment.

Today just got the letter of my biometric appointment, scheduled next Wednesday. I have checked my online status, nothing updated, still saying my case is in the NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. I read somewhere in the USCIS website saying if our case is process by local office, the status won't be shown there. So I assume after our case has been passed to the local office, the online status may not be able to update.

In addition, I try to check the processing time of my local office, seems like it process case pretty fast, compared to all the other office nearby. I think that's why I get the biometric and interview appointment earlier. Here is its processing time shown in the uscis.gov

I-131 Application for Travel Documents 3 Months
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status 4 Months
I-765 Application for Employment Authorization 3 Months

So check the processing time of your local office. I think the time difference may be depends on how busy your local office is.

Hope the information is helpful. Good luck to all of you!

Ok, so my local office (HOUSTON) processing time for I-485 is December 2007, and for the New York office is October 2007, actually most offices are processing I-485s filed on the last months of last year. I don't think we should rely on these processing times since I-485 for DV winners are expedited. Am I right?

Ok, so my local office (HOUSTON) processing time for I-485 is December 2007, and for the New York office is October 2007, actually most offices are processing I-485s filed on the last months of last year. I don't think we should rely on these processing times since I-485 for DV winners are expedited. Am I right?

you are right. at least they should be expedited, right now I am not sure they are...

u re right.my local office Wichita, KS is still processing applications from last yr but i did filed my AOS in March 2008 and got the GC in July, 2008.

u re right.my local office Wichita, KS is still processing applications from last yr but i did filed my AOS in March 2008 and got the GC in July, 2008.

I think we should appreciate johnkent contribution to this thread.
Although he got his GC, but still showing up and share his experience with us.
Thanks a lot JOHNKENT

I just updated my profile. My local office is March 14 for I-485. Hopefully I'll get everything done by next March or April before graduation.

But that's ok, its only one guy (E2B - exception) receiving biometric letter ......and no one else has any update. Ours should be on the way.

E2B, did u file only for urself or for the whole family?

No family, just one individual.

For DV 2008, people received their biometric letter after 3 weeks - 2 months of sending AOS package to chicago, average of 1.5 months.
So October folks should be getting their biometric apptmt letter starting next week, just my guess.

Also, if you see last year people filing in November got processed earlier...strange huh!!!

Hopefully, I am not going to have a 'I told you so' moment

Where do you guys think our 485 is stocked at...is it still at MSC or do you think they already sent it to respective field office and getting delayed?

Where do you guys think our 485 is stocked at...is it still at MSC or do you think they already sent it to respective field office and getting delayed?

getting delayed. And that's why I didn't agree with Johnkent. and his suggestion that we should chill doesn't sound good to me. Waiting for your check to be cashed (which was his case) and waiting for biometrics appointment are two totally different problems. The first happens when they get too many applications and they don't even open your package. So your case experiences a slight delay but it is still expedited. In the second case, which is ours...it looks like our cases are sent to local offices and we are waiting in line, which shouldn't happen with DV cases. DV cases as we all know are time sensitive and it is extremely important that they expedite them otherwise it becomes risky. I talked to a friend who applied last Oct. (not a dv case) he waited 5 months to get the biometrics letter because he was supposed to wait in line.
Also I dont mind waiting 4-5 months for my interview but I would like to know that in the meantime my name check is done. I think this is the biggest problem for us right now because we don't want that to be delayed as well.

This is just my opinion. I don't want to argue. I might be wrong, I hope I am wrong. I wish everyone gets their card on time.