• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Please, NO ENVY.
Received my biometric App. letter today with my daughter today.
No thing for my wife and son.

Please, NO ENVY.
Received my biometric App. letter today with my daughter today.
No thing for my wife and son.

Thanks for the update. Did they update your online status? DO you mind telling us where is your local office?

I am out of words for the early Oct people...guys, I have a feeling we are stuck on a shelf somewhere.

Thanks for the update. Did they update your online status? DO you mind telling us where is your local office?

I am out of words for the early Oct people...guys, I have a feeling we are stuck on a shelf somewhere.

I'm in East Virginia.
My online status did not change.

I know...sth must be going on, i will call USCIS folks on monday and find out.

Thanks for the update ALU4E.

I know...sth must be going on, i will call USCIS folks on monday and find out.

Thanks for the update ALU4E.

how about infopass, I am looking at it but it looks like I have to wait 90 days before I can make an appointment
so, we can only call them at this point?

how about infopass, I am looking at it but it looks like I have to wait 90 days before I can make an appointment
so, we can only call them at this point?

that's right.

Its really frustrating to wait and check your mailbox everyday for biometric letter. :(

that's right.

Its really frustrating to wait and check your mailbox everyday for biometric letter. :(

I agree!! especially when you read that others who filed after you are getting not only biometric letters but in the case of some lucky few, even interview letters!! I am so envious!

I think that I will call USCIS on monday- it has been more than 30 days since my check was cashed and the NOA mailed out. I think that an acceptable amount of time has passed for one to start being concerned!

I will post what I learn!

I agree!! especially when you read that others who filed after you are getting not only biometric letters but in the case of some lucky few, even interview letters!! I am so envious!

I think that I will call USCIS on monday- it has been more than 30 days since my check was cashed and the NOA mailed out. I think that an acceptable amount of time has passed for one to start being concerned!

I will post what I learn!

I agree. I might give them a call too. I doubt that they will give us useful information. They will probably tell us to wait. That's why I was looking at infopass. It looks like they give out more information when you actually go to your local office.

I understand everyone is getting anxious but atleast there appears to be alot of us who are in the same situation. That is, we filed in early October and are still waiting for notice of our biometric appointment. Im sure there is nothing we can do at this point to change the process. All we can do is hope it comes soon and try not to stress...

I understand everyone is getting anxious but atleast there appears to be alot of us who are in the same situation. That is, we filed in early October and are still waiting for notice of our biometric appointment. Im sure there is nothing we can do at this point to change the process. All we can do is hope it comes soon and try not to stress...

you might have seen this: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=214582 and one of these people was approved without interview...
but they called and did infopass so I think we should do the same

mysterious service center

I called the automated USCIS hotline as I was told that it tends to be more accurate than the website as to what is happening in a case.

It did not say much regarding my case that I did not know (told me that my check and biometric fee had been cashed and that I would be sent an I797) BUT it did tell me that my case is currently being processed at the Service center in Lee's Summit Missouri.

I had never heard of this service center before so I went to the USCIS website and lo and behold, it is the only service center that they do not list under their processing times link...

how is one supposed to know whether one's processing is slower than normal or proceeding regularly if one can't even find out which 485s they are processing at this mysterious service center?

I called the automated USCIS hotline as I was told that it tends to be more accurate than the website as to what is happening in a case.

It did not say much regarding my case that I did not know (told me that my check and biometric fee had been cashed and that I would be sent an I797) BUT it did tell me that my case is currently being processed at the Service center in Lee's Summit Missouri.

I had never heard of this service center before so I went to the USCIS website and lo and behold, it is the only service center that they do not list under their processing times link...

how is one supposed to know whether one's processing is slower than normal or proceeding regularly if one can't even find out which 485s they are processing at this mysterious service center?

This is Missouri Service Center or National Benefit Center. They don't have times because they dont process I485. They only prepare the case and send it to your local office.
The applications are received by the lock box contractor personnel and opened. All documents are then scanned and placed back into their envelope. The documents are then transmitted as an envelope to the MSC. The NBC was established to serve as the hub and conduit for USCIS local field offices by completing all pre-interview processing of Forms generally requiring an interview. This pre-processing includes conducting background security checks, performing initial evidence reviews, adjudication of associated I-765 and I-131 applications (filed with the I-485 or separately), denial of adjustment of status cases for applicants who are statutorily ineligible, and forwarding scheduled cases to the USCIS local office for adjudication.

This is Missouri Service Center or National Benefit Center. They don't have times because they dont process I485. They only prepare the case and send it to your local office.
The applications are received by the lock box contractor personnel and opened. All documents are then scanned and placed back into their envelope. The documents are then transmitted as an envelope to the MSC. The NBC was established to serve as the hub and conduit for USCIS local field offices by completing all pre-interview processing of Forms generally requiring an interview. This pre-processing includes conducting background security checks, performing initial evidence reviews, adjudication of associated I-765 and I-131 applications (filed with the I-485 or separately), denial of adjustment of status cases for applicants who are statutorily ineligible, and forwarding scheduled cases to the USCIS local office for adjudication.

wow! thanks for the info windv!!

I think, one possible explanation is that they received our cases in early Oct and decided that because these are dv cases they can wait. They haven't even entered our information into their CLAIMS system because if they did we would have received the biom. letters by now (as it was explained, after they enter your info into that system another system for biometrics automatically takes that info and schedules the appointment) Hopefully, at least they've sent our names for name check already so we dont have to wait for that.

Im Just starting to worry that I wont get my I-131 in time! I need it by Decebmber 15th if I want to see my parents for Christmas..

OK. my attorney will be contacting our congresswoman. This is what he said we can do at this time. I suggest you do the same. We don't need to wait 90 days....congressmen can help keep casework on track and ensure that they give proper review.

OK. my attorney will be contacting our congresswoman. This is what he said we can do at this time. I suggest you do the same. We don't need to wait 90 days....congressmen can help keep casework on track and ensure that they give proper review.

dude, why would u be contacting congresswoman at this time. its been barely 2 wks since you sent your application to Chicago. everything seems to be working out pretty well for you guys so far. Y'all have gotten ur NOA's in like a few days after ur documents got to Chicago. Trust me, there isn't much ur congresswoman can do. U just sent in ur applications and u think that u should be put in front of the line??????
You are only to use senators/congressman only in Emergencies, ur application is stuck somewhere or ur FBI background check is stuck. You are not in any of those decisions.
Your congresswoman can write to USCIS all she wants but they will explain to her that your application has just been recieved and that everything is going on Smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, why would u be contacting congresswoman at this time. its been barely 2 wks since you sent your application to Chicago. everything seems to be working out pretty well for you guys so far. Y'all have gotten ur NOA's in like a few days after ur documents got to Chicago. Trust me, there isn't much ur congresswoman can do. U just sent in ur applications and u think that u should be put in front of the line??????
You are only to use senators/congressman only in Emergencies, ur application is stuck somewhere or ur FBI background check is stuck. You are not in any of those decisions.
Your congresswoman can write to USCIS all she wants but they will explain to her that your application has just been recieved and that everything is going on Smoothly.

I think my attorney knows better than you what we can and cannot do and what's helpful at this point. and on top of that you don't get the facts right: it hasn't been 2 weeks. also, where does it say that you should contact them in emergencies only...i didnt see that. Just the opposite, it says that you can contact them as soon as you file.

U just sent in ur applications and u think that u should be put in front of the line??????: I am not going to even reply to that absurd comment.
Your congresswoman can write to USCIS all she wants but they will explain to her that your application has just been recieved and that everything is going on Smoothly: I will take that.

btw dude, don't attack me because everyone is free to do what they feel is right. If you have something positive to say, go ahead...otherwise...