• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

When to file

Hey guys,

I am little confused. Should I file this month or next? my case number AS57XX.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I am little confused. Should I file this month or next? my case number AS57XX.

Thanks.

hi- the visa bulletin for November 2008 states that in Asia the current visa numbers are numbers up to 5300 so your number is not current yet but you should check regularly as it will be very soon. I would definitely have my papers ready to file soon.

for a current visa bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4371.html

For EAD I got code 2, which is Biometrics + Photo + Signature. The processing timeframe for EAD right now is 3 months. So I think they have up to three months to send that appointment letter so that they can approve the EAD in 3 months. Many people say that they don't use biometrics for EAD but they need to have your photo and signature. SO there you go, hopefully we are not going to wait 3 months for that....

Chew on this!

Well for all of you folks that are bored waiting to be fingerprinted I have something interesting for you to chew on. Maybe some of you are aware of this document, I am sure many are not and if so have fun. Actually very interesting reading ( I only read the highlighted parts). The document is a legal deposition of some guy at USCIS about how I-485 are handled. Keep in mind this depo is from 2002, but I think it still gives an interesting inside view at what actually happens once they receive your I-485 application. Although this is almost six years later I am sure things havent changed that much.

Treat: There is a point where they touch on how interviews are scheduled, and somewhere around page 54 they discuss how biometrics are scheduled.

Here is the link

Well for all of you folks that are bored waiting to be fingerprinted I have something interesting for you to chew on. Maybe some of you are aware of this document, I am sure many are not and if so have fun. Actually very interesting reading ( I only read the highlighted parts). The document is a legal deposition of some guy at USCIS about how I-485 are handled. Keep in mind this depo is from 2002, but I think it still gives an interesting inside view at what actually happens once they receive your I-485 application. Although this is almost six years later I am sure things havent changed that much.

Treat: There is a point where they touch on how interviews are scheduled, and somewhere around page 54 they discuss how biometrics are scheduled.

Here is the link

oh wow thanks that's a lot of info...hopefully it's current. what I found interesting is that they do fingerprints and name check separately. name check starts right after your file is entered in CLAIMS

oh wow thanks that's a lot of info...hopefully it's current. what I found interesting is that they do fingerprints and name check separately. name check starts right after your file is entered in CLAIMS

So...someone needs to pick up our files and send the biometric letter.
We might get biometric and interview letter at the same time :) - may be next week :p

So...someone needs to pick up our files and send the biometric letter.
We might get biometric and interview letter at the same time :) - may be next week :p

apparently we could, it depends on when they actually sent our files for name check, it says that they use batch system and your name check is sent after your file is entered into their system, which for us was oct. 21st, and also how long each individual name check takes. I think that has happened to one or two people from last year, I mean getting the interview and biometrics at the same time. I still think that it's kind of weird that we are not getting the biometrics letter because all K1s from that other forum that filed in early October have received that letter (exceptions are ones with RFEs) and here we read that the system schedules biometrics according to A number (the fact that we are dv winners and they are K1 should not matter) and we should have similar A #s to theirs because our packages were delivered at the same time.

Hey Everybody, first time to leave a message here. But I do keep update myself with the forum all the time.

Strange things happend. After a long wait, I got my interview appointment letter today saying interview scheduled on 12/02 (Hurray~!). However, I still haven't got my biometric appointment letter. Do we suppose to take biometric before interview? Anybody have an idea of that?

Hey Everybody, first time to leave a message here. But I do keep update myself with the forum all the time.

Strange things happend. After a long wait, I got my interview appointment letter today saying interview scheduled on 12/02 (Hurray~!). However, I still haven't got my biometric appointment letter. Do we suppose to take biometric before interview? Anybody have an idea of that?

wow now that's something...you dont need biometrics for the interview but you definitely need it before they issue your green card...maybe you'll be getting the biometrics letter soon

Can you see your case online?

Hi guys, I want to say this, you guys are doing a very good job. I'm really happy the way nigerians are discussing issues concerning.This is what we need to build our nation and help our neighbours. I will like to draw our attention further, there are lots of people out there that have various issues and they look for answer from people that have similiar experience.
Please Like we all know that this forum is mainly for immigration,visa and lottery. But there are other areas in our life that need a great change.
Lot of people are out there that looking for advice on health , education. business etc. For this purpose www.gumnigerians.com is created to give nigerians the great priviledge to dicuss about issues affect people, industries, religions and the nation herself. I will encourage every great participants in this forum to join and build a forum where nigerians can get answer for their problems.
Please take few minutes to visit the site and click on any image to get to the forum and please feel free to add any question and reply to any post.
Together we can make great Nation

Goin with the gf to get her medicals done today finally! I'm getting very anxious to send in the package to Chicago. Nov 29th can't come soon enough!

Jan # s

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JANUARY

For January, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants ..............

AFRICA 18,300 [ Egypt 10,800/ Ethiopia 10,000/ Nigeria 8,400]
ASIA 8,300
EUROPE 15,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 480
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 790

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4384.html

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the potential side effect of Advanced Parole for H-1B status? I am also on H-1B and planning to apply for AP just in case.

Thanks

Updated October 30, 2008: I sent sent everything 2 day USPS Priority!

I had the following package prepared (photocopies or originals where applicable):

0. Cover letter
1. I-485 - Application to Adjust Status + 2 Passport size photographs.
2. I-485 fee payment (personal check).
3. I-693 - Medical Examination sealed envelope.
4. Birth certificate and national ID.
5. Highschool diploma and leaving certificate.
6. University diplomas/certs.
7. Resume (showing detailed work history)
8. Letters of employment and salary contracts.
9. Passport (all relevant pages).
10. I-94.
11. SSN card.
11. I-797A (current H-1B Approval notices).
12. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
13. DV2009 Notification Letter, bar code page, DS122 acknowledgement letter.
14. DoS DV fee payment reciept.
15. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization + 2 photographs size pictures.

I decided to file the I-765 but not the I-131 due to the potential negative side effects that Advance Parole has on H-1B status.

Not included in I-485 package but prepared for interview if invited:

1. Previous I-20s (yeah I have a zillion of them)
2. State tax transcripts for 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
3. Federal tax transcripts & IRS 1040s for 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
4. University academic transcripts
5. Official employment contracts showing current job descriptions.
6. Bank & Asset statements
7. H-1B application packets (A lot of infomation there)
8. Previous I-765 approval notices
9. Old passports
10. SSN Card and State DL
11. Paystabs (latest 12)
13. ???