• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

FYI: I recived my 3 NOA's yesterday. I wonder when the biometrics appointment will be?

What sort of an explanation should be attached with AP I-131 (as part of its Part 7) ?? Can i just say i could not visit the folks back home for a long time and i wanna visit them soon?

Also, did you request 'expedite' processing of AP?, can we do that? and/or will that help to expedite the FP appointment?

Appreciate some in-put on this.

What are those 3 NoAs for? I received just one NoA within a week my package got delivered.
Still no update on case status online though.

He had filed AOS, AP and for an EAD.
if you just filed AOS (form I 485) then you get only 1 NoA.

What sort of an explanation should be attached with AP I-131 (as part of its Part 7) ?? Can i just say i could not visit the folks back home for a long time and i wanna visit them soon?

Also, did you request 'expedite' processing of AP?, can we do that? and/or will that help to expedite the FP appointment?

Appreciate some in-put on this.

Yes, just writing that you need to visit folks back home is pretty much sufficient for Ap.
Nah, u don't really have to request for it to be expedited. This is just the beginning of the physical year and it seems like uscis is more efficient than they were 6 months ago so hopefully everytying should go smoothly and faster after fingerprint.

[Now......does this mean the medicals should be valid as of the date of NOA (after sending in i-485) ?......OR medicals should be valid as of the date when one faces the actual interview??

Note:
The results of the medical examination are generally valid for only 12 months. Applicants should schedule the medical examination as close as possible to the time they file for adjustment of status.

AOS question for DV winner and his spouse

Hi. First, thank you all for the wealth of information. My husband was selected as 09 DV winner after our 10+ trials, and we have 2 major questions about AOS.

First, we each have a separate H-1B visas from our employer and never been out of status, so we believe we are eligible for AOS, but how do the winner of spouse go about applying for the AOS? It seems we need to file two separate applications, but as the time line is crucial for both principle and derivative status DV visas, I want to make sure BCIS knows to process it together. I know that by going through CP, we will be asked to do interview together, but how does it work for AOS? Anything you know will help us.

Second, for CP processing, we know we need police reports even though we don't have any criminal record from our country. So far, I didn't see anywhere that we need police reports for AOS. Do you know we need to get one? If so, when do we need to submit, at the same time we mail I-485 or when we have an interview?

Thanks!

Hi. First, thank you all for the wealth of information. My husband was selected as 09 DV winner after our 10+ trials, and we have 2 major questions about AOS.

First, we each have a separate H-1B visas from our employer and never been out of status, so we believe we are eligible for AOS, but how do the winner of spouse go about applying for the AOS? It seems we need to file two separate applications, but as the time line is crucial for both principle and derivative status DV visas, I want to make sure BCIS knows to process it together. I know that by going through CP, we will be asked to do interview together, but how does it work for AOS? Anything you know will help us.

Second, for CP processing, we know we need police reports even though we don't have any criminal record from our country. So far, I didn't see anywhere that we need police reports for AOS. Do you know we need to get one? If so, when do we need to submit, at the same time we mail I-485 or when we have an interview?

Thanks!

Both the winner and spouse will have to file separate applications - but you can mail both applications in one envelope to USCIS. You can write separate cover letters for both the applications and mention the winner/spouse in each and enclose the documents like marriage certificates/lottery notification letter etc. in both. You do not need police verification for AOS. You will find a wealth of information if you go through the DV 2008 AOS thread. A few of us were on H1 visas and had multiple AOS applications pending - through employment and through DV.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=251543

AOS procedure.

Thanks!
For AOS you don't need you don't need police clearence from your country. I'm sure a bout this but as for the way the interview is conducted when doing AOS am not sure but i know each of you must fill your own 1-485 and present yourself for interview the same day. Those of you who have gone through can shade more light on this.
I was also curious to know if spouse decides to do CP and the other AOS is it acceptable?

Hi,

I'm preparing all document for the next current month. I have a question in filing I-765 EAD form. In question 16, what letters&numbers should I fill for eligibility categories? I try to look at section 2 from instruction, but seem that none of them is applicable.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I'm preparing all document for the next current month. I have a question in filing I-765 EAD form. In question 16, what letters&numbers should I fill for eligibility categories? I try to look at section 2 from instruction, but seem that none of them is applicable.

Thanks a lot

I have (c) (9) ( ) for question 16. According to the intructions on page 5:
A. Adjustment Applicant--(c)(9). File your EAD application with a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is pending. You may file Form I-765 together with your Form I-485.​

I hope (c) (9) is correct. Is it?

On a different subject, I have been leaving the A# blank on all my forms. Is that correct? (I have an A# on an old EAD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dematra, look like C 9 is the correct one.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question. This is my first time applying for EAD.

Dematra - I put my A# from my old EAD card on all my forms and it seemed to work out ok.. I guess you get a new A# though

Shouldn't we receive biometric letter within a week after receiving NoA?
Everybody keep us updated about your status.
Thanks.

so confused

I'm so confused at this point my head is spinning.

I'm helping my girlfriend who is here in the US on an F1 Visa. CN#2009EU00012xxx

We received the following.

1st NL April 17th
Sent DSP122 + DS230 to KCC not sure of date
2nd NL July 28th (at least I think it's the second NL)
DoS Payment of $375 sent (date not sure)
Received the receipt from DoS August 19th

We haven't received or heard anything else since getting this. What happens now?? Is she too late or denied? I'm really confused at this point and have been run in circles when talking to the USCIS and KCC on the phone. I thought we had to send something to the USCIC for adjustment of status but when I called them they said we didn't unless she had gotten married or a family member got their greencard or something like that, so we didn't send anything. I'm starting to feel like this was big piece of wrong information. I just found this forum recently or I would have been asking a lot more questions along the way! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Just out of shear curiosity: when I assembles the AOS package do I need to separate the I-765 from the I-485. What I mean is do I assemble a mini-EAD application with separate initial evidence (passport copies etc) and send it along with the I-485 or should I just complete the form and stick it in the envelope along with everything else?

I'm so confused at this point my head is spinning.

I'm helping my girlfriend who is here in the US on an F1 Visa. CN#2009EU00012xxx

We received the following.

1st NL April 17th
Sent DSP122 + DS230 to KCC not sure of date
2nd NL July 28th (at least I think it's the second NL)
DoS Payment of $375 sent (date not sure)
Received the receipt from DoS August 19th

We haven't received or heard anything else since getting this. What happens now?? Is she too late or denied? I'm really confused at this point and have been run in circles when talking to the USCIS and KCC on the phone. I thought we had to send something to the USCIC for adjustment of status but when I called them they said we didn't unless she had gotten married or a family member got their greencard or something like that, so we didn't send anything. I'm starting to feel like this was big piece of wrong information. I just found this forum recently or I would have been asking a lot more questions along the way! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If your girlfriend is doing adjustment of status (AOS), "SHE DOES INDEED NEED TO FILE AN APPLICATION CONTAINING A I-485, (Application to register Permanent resident or adjust status) ALONG WITH A I-693 (Report of Medical examination and Vaccination record) AND ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION SHOWING SHE IS/HAS BEEN LEGAL (such as copies of passport, I-20, and any other immigration form) AND IT WON'T REPRESENT A BURDEN FOR THE COUNTRY (such as employment letter, IRS records, or affidavit of support)".
Apparently her number will be current in December (take a look at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4371.html) so don't worry, she still has time to prepare everything, she even has until September 2009, but it is recommended to file everything AS SOON AS HER NUMBER BECOMES CURRENT, do not wait.
You and her should spend few hours reading this forum and the AOS forums from past years, educate yourself, and you'll see is not that complicated, you just need to understand de process and follow their guidelines and timelines. Just read, read, read, read, read, research, research, research ........ after a while I guarantee it'll become clear to you.
I am assuming that when she sent the DSP-122 to KCC she put in point 4, either "BCIS" or "USCIS", which expresses her intention to go for AOS, otherwise they could interpret she intend to do Consular Processing (CP) instead.
But the most important thing is: Don't worry, she still has time, her visa has not been denied (she hasn't even applied yet) ,start preparing everything now, keep up with these forums and everything will go ok.

PS: are you an immigrant and planning to marry her ?, maybe this is a good time, if you marry her and update the KCC forms, you could get the Green Card too as her husband.........just saying :):D

Affidavit of Support-for a dependant

Hey all,

I've a quick question,does a dependant(spouse)need to have an affidavit of support of it's only for a principal applicant??Do we need two affidavit of support or only one is enough??

Any ideas...thanks.

Hey all,

I've a quick question,does a dependant(spouse)need to have an affidavit of support of it's only for a principal applicant??Do we need two affidavit of support or only one is enough??

Any ideas...thanks.

***I meant OR instead of of its only ....