• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Shouldn't we receive biometric letter within a week after receiving NoA?
Everybody keep us updated about your status.
Thanks.

Hi,
What the NOA says? just curious.
I'm current since Oct 1st, but didn't send any thing yet, waiting for affadvit support from my sposnor.
Thanks.

DV - An indepth Analysis.

For those who need some in depth info on DV.....this may be useful. Pros in the forum may have seen this before, but it may be useful to those who are getting to know the DV process.

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/DVarticles/DV 2004 Update.pdf

Seemingly a thorough analysis with references if anyone wants to check the facts. [which I did not do though:mad:]

Hi,
I'm current since Oct 1st, but didn't send any thing yet, waiting for affadvit support from my sposnor.
Thanks.

u can mail in ur forms and then present the affidavit of support at the interview. they'll probably will never ask for it.

Hi,
Thanks.

NOA means notification of action. its a letter that you receive from USCIS when they receive your forms.

A little clarity

Thank you matutelandia and Dfdo, you have been very helpful. On Friday I was trying to get my own work done while reading as much of the message board as I could and wasn't able to process all the work + information too well.

So from the sounds of it and from reading through this thread I think I understand now that we should send out the AOS Package on November 30th since her number becomes current in December. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Now we just need to get the Biometrics and Medicals done and to gather up everything needed to send the AOS Package off to Chicago... and then hope and wait. I have now added our timeline into my signature.

I'm a citizen who's been helping my girl friend with this whole process and let me tell you, I appreciate and sympathize everything that you have to do for this process as it's been quite frustrating and difficult for me to figure some of these things out. I'm really glad I found this message board as it has been a million times more helpful then the KCC or USCIS has been. Thank you again, everybody, for all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm..... November has 30 days :)

I believe you can do biometrics after sending AOS package. Once USCIS receive your AOS package, they'll send you an appointment for biometrics.

Thank you matutelandia and Dfdo, you have been very helpful. On Friday I was trying to get my own work done while reading as much of the message board as I could and wasn't able to process all the work + information too well.

So from the sounds of it and from reading through this thread I think I understand now that we should send out the AOS Package on November 31st since her number becomes current in December. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Now we just need to get the Biometrics and Medicals done and to gather up everything needed to send the AOS Package off to Chicago... and then hope and wait. I have now added our timeline into my signature.

I'm a citizen who's been helping my girl friend with this whole process and let me tell you, I appreciate and sympathize everything that you have to do for this process as it's been quite frustrating and difficult for me to figure some of these things out. I'm really glad I found this message board as it has been a million times more helpful then the KCC or USCIS has been. Thank you again, everybody, for all of this.

Thank you matutelandia and Dfdo, you have been very helpful. On Friday I was trying to get my own work done while reading as much of the message board as I could and wasn't able to process all the work + information too well........

mikenytola,
Why don't you do your gf a favor and get her to join the forum so that she can do a bit of research and learning for herself. She can ask the questions and understand the procedures however she likes. She needs to know all this things because she is the one who will be interviewed.

In my opinion getting a GC is a personal process that most people remember for the rest of their lives. Whether or not one is succesful they still need to take in the experience and enjoy the ride. Just my $0.02 :)

I've told her about this board and she has been reading it. She's not very comfortable with her English (even tho I think it's good :) ) and study's a lot for school so that's why I have helped her. I have more time to study it when I'm bored at work and in the evenings while she's doing homework so I don't mind. :)

So I have another question. If she has transferred schools, does she need to include all I-20's for each of the schools since she has been state side or the most recent for the AOS Package?

So I have another question. If she has transferred schools, does she need to include all I-20's for each of the schools since she has been state side or the most recent for the AOS Package?

It is advisable that she submits copies all I-20.

About the I-20s, I have seen in the past that some applicants only sent their latest immigration paper copies along with the application, and took every single one only at the interview. For example, right now I am an H1-B holder, but I also have about feifteen I-20s (from my past years at school), I was planning to send along with the application copies of the H1B approval (my latest immigration status) and take the I-20s only to the interview(my past immigration status). Any inputs ?, should I also attach copies of the I-20s to the application?
Same with the IRS tax return copies/trancripts , should I send them with the application or only to the interview just in case they ask for it? (I will take an employment letter)

FOR THOSE CURRENT IN DECEMBER:

The last day of November falls on Sunday, the first working day of December falls on a Monday, are you guys planning to send the applications overnight on :
1)Friday Nov 28 ? => It may get there on Saturday, which still is not December, consequently the application could be sent back (do the the consular processing centers work on Saturdays ?)
2) Saturday Nov 29? => It may get there Monday, or perhaps......Tuesday
3) Monday Dec 1 ? => It will get there for sure on Tuesday

I am planning on sending it Saturday, overnight.

what's going on with the biometrics appointment letter. I hope it's not going to take more than a month to get it....

I thought we get them when they respond to the AOS?

what's going on with the biometrics appointment letter. I hope it's not going to take more than a month to get it....

I am still waiting for biometric letter. I don't think its gonna be like last year (people got biometric letter within a week of receiving NoA)

I don't want to wait too long for this...:(

Last edited by a moderator: