• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Yeah Man!!! I guess i will just wait for the response from USCIS.

I just want to be over with it but looks like it might take even longer.

I made the same mistake Dvwinner09. Sending g-325 instead of g-325a. It looks like all the forms are the same. Im guessing they will just make photocopies of the forms we provided if needed. I dont think its a big deal.

Anyway keep me updated with what you find.

- I-131 form with 2 photos
- I-765 form with 2 photos

Where did you read that we need 2 photos for these forms?

- I-131 form with 2 photos
- I-765 form with 2 photos

Where did you read that we need 2 photos for these forms?
The instructions for the I-765 say to attach 2 pp photographs. The I-131 doesn't ask for any. So my understanding is that your AOS package needs 4 photos in total.

help! I mailed my original 797 (I have an H1B) in the AOS package by mistake!

Luckily I have copies of everything and I already have my H1B visa but I am nonetheless scared!!

Should I do anything about it? Wait and see? Ask them to return the original?

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of sending originals in the AOS package?

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Luckily I have copies of everything and I already have my H1B visa but I am nonetheless scared!!

Should I do anything about it? Wait and see? Ask them to return the original?

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of sending originals in the AOS package?

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

I don't mean to spell gloom, but USCIS indicates that they do not routinely return original documents submitted when you file. According to their website - General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

"Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed."​

I don't mean to spell gloom, but USCIS indicates that they do not routinely return original documents submitted when you file. According to their website - General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

"Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed."​

thanks Dematra! I have decided that I am not going to worry about it too much- after all, if my AOS goes well, I will not need the H1B anymore!!

Check of $1010 is deducted from my checking account today. Isn't this too soon?? wow:)
Did any of you guys have your check cashed yet?

Well, i had a friend who adjusted from F1 to permanent resident after he won dv lottery. Anyways, he had been working illegally prior to that but USCIS never found out during the adjustment process and this was 2 years ago.
Anyways, yersterday he got a letter from USCIS stating that the record shows that he had been working illegally prior to his adjustment of staus and that he is to pay a fine of $495.
Well, it is kinda weird that they dug up his file 2 years later for absolutely no reason. This is just FYI for some of you folks.

Well, i had a friend who adjusted from F1 to permanent resident after he won dv lottery. Anyways, he had been working illegally prior to that but USCIS never found out during the adjustment process and this was 2 years ago.
Anyways, yersterday he got a letter from USCIS stating that the record shows that he had been working illegally prior to his adjustment of staus and that he is to pay a fine of $495.
Well, it is kinda weird that they dug up his file 2 years later for absolutely no reason. This is just FYI for some of you folks.

That is odd! As long as they are not interested to take the GC away he should thank his God. Had they realized that he had worked illegally were he to pay the same before getting the GC during the interview? Just wondering.

That is odd! As long as they are not interested to take the GC away he should thank his God. Had they realized that he had worked illegally were he to pay the same before getting the GC during the interview? Just wondering.

he probably would not have been able to adjust his status if they found out earlier b4 he got the GC