• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

if you are above the poverty line, you are fine.
I certainly do hope so!

if i send my case without the I-134, will they deny it?
Will they deny your petition? Probably not right away. Based on past experiences with USCIS either of two things will happen. Either they send you an RFE notice (Request For Evidence), this is common with employment based AOS petitions, or they ignore the insufficient evidence issue until your interview.

Tip: Getting an RFE notice is a sure sign your petion is drifting into hazardous territory. Plus, be aware that an dealing with an RFE can slow you down significantly.

Also, in section 3 of that form there is a space for the spouse and kids, does my sponsor need to fill out a form for every one?

Thats a good question. Maybe the folks on the 2008 AOS could offer us some insight.

I finally got my DoS fee reciept. I have to say, they are pretty damn fast about cashing your check. One week!!! Mailed it on Friday got the reciept the following Friday. Wow!!

Your package seems pretty much the same as mine, barring the H1-B stuff. The only comments/question I had were Do you only need 2 photos even if you are concurrently applying for your i-131 and i-765. Or an additonal 4 photos is required?? Also, the photos need to be taken within 30 days. Im assuming your ds-230 photos are older than that?

good point!

Your package seems pretty much the same as mine, barring the H1-B stuff. The only comments/question I had were Do you only need 2 photos even if you are concurrently applying for your i-131 and i-765. Or an additonal 4 photos is required?? Also, the photos need to be taken within 30 days. Im assuming your ds-230 photos are older than that?

Valid points Ausmatt7!
Ok, so it seems you do need 4 photographs. Two for the I-485 and two for the I-765. The I-131 doesn't mention anything about photographs so I assume none are required.

I guess I'll have new pictures taken. :)
Good luck mailing your package tomorrow. No turning back now! :D

Defenitley no turning back now! And no getting back that $1,010. I'll post my package contents once I have it all ready tomorrow. One more question for the crowd that had me worried.

What happens if you miss or can't make your biometric appointment?? I will be out of the country for 3 week about two months after I send my package in.

Paystub or Employment Letter

Thanks for the opinion guys.

Also do I need to send previous I-20s or just the H1 document is enough?

Thanks.

Please help me with following questions about I-134.
Can I be sponser for myself and fill I-134 for myself?
I just have the well paying job and not any personal assets or large amount of money in bank? is this fine?

What does this means Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor (Subscribed and sworn to (affirmed) before me). Who else needs to sign this document beside me?

Thanks a lot.

Defenitley no turning back now! And no getting back that $1,010. I'll post my package contents once I have it all ready tomorrow. One more question for the crowd that had me worried.

What happens if you miss or can't make your biometric appointment?? I will be out of the country for 3 week about two months after I send my package in.

The biometrics appointment will have details on how to reschedule if required (they must be given a serious reason on why you want to reschedule; they also might take their time to reschedule another appointment for you). The letter also mentions that if you miss the appointment (didn't reschedule) then your application is considered abandoned.

Hopefully, you'll have your biometrics done by the time you leave. Otherwise, it's best to receive the letter before you go and reschedule. Looking back to the applications from Oct. 2008, most had their interviews in December.

Good luck !! It'll all start tomorrow :) May your journey be worry-free !

Last edited by a moderator:
DVwinner09: I believe submitting an I-134 is not required if you are able to financially support yourself. Just proof of income. Someone please correct me if I am wrong

thanks for the reply guys.

I haven't sent my AOS package yet. Still organizing the documents.

I found different address in different 485 instructions for non usps shipment. Is this the address you guys are using for Fedex shipment? The first one should be the one right??

Chicago lockbox (as in Rev. 05/27/08 -I-485 instruction))
USCIS Attn: FBAS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Chicago lockbox (as in Rev. 07/30/07)
USCIS Attn: FBASI 427 S. LaSalle - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60605-1029

Also, is there any different either u us USPS or non-USPS?

Good Luck to all 2009 winners!!!!

I received yesterday from the DOS the stamped info sheet corresponding to the Diversity Lottery fee. The stamp is so deam simple and it looks cheap,it only says: "Paid mm/dd/yyyy" in black ink, I thought they were going to "actually send a receipt" ....anyways, it just surprised me the poor quality of their stamp...

i was also suprized!! i was worried a bit, but now i see that it`s not only my case.

I just sent my package overnight via UPS to Chicago :eek:

Hopefully its got everything I need and it all goes smoothly. Below is a list of what was included in my package.

- Cover letter and enclosures list
- I485 fee - $1010 personal check
- I-485 form with 2 photos
- copy of Birth Certificate
- Academic transcripts
- letter of employment
- copy of recent bank statements
- copy of 2007 tax return
- copy of passpport
- copy of I-94
- copy of Student Visa
- copy of I-20 and former I-20
- copy of letter of good standing with the school
- copy of SSN card
- G-325
- Copy of DV approval notice letter from KCC
- Copy of barcode sheet
- Copy of $375 DOS receipt
- I-131 cover letter
- I-131 form with 2 photos
- I-765 form with 2 photos
- copy of old I-767
- copy of old EAD

Good luck to everyone! And keep updating

Today I received a response from KCC acknowledging my request to adjust status.

For whatever reason it was sent to my old address even though I gave them my new address on the DSP230 & DS122 (USPS forwarded it to my new address). The address they sent it to is the address I used in the original electronic application.

Anyway, I have it now and thats all that counts. Thank heavens for USPS mail forwarding!!!!!!!!!!!

I mailed my AOS package to chicago lockbox today ;-)

And I only realize now, that I sent g-325 instead of g-325a. Both of them looks similar but g-325 has 2 copies and g-325a has 4 copies. I m so worried now. What will happen guys???

Here is the list I sent:

1. Notification Letter
2. letter form Kentucky Consular Center acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status
3. Receipt of Payment to Department of State
4. Check of amount $1010 to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (for I-485 and Biometrics)
5. Two Photographs in envelope
6. Form I-485
7. Form G-325
8. Form I-693

Copies of:
9. Birth Certificate (with legal translation)
10. Passport Pages (Old and new passport)
11. Visa page from passport
12. I-94 evidence of current valid status
13. I-797A Notice of Action
14. EAD Card (Optional Practical Training)
15. I-20 from University
16. Education Documents (Transcripts and Certificate)
17. Employment documents.
a. Employment Letter
b. Copy of Paystubs

And I only realize now, that I sent g-325 instead of g-325a. Both of them looks similar but g-325 has 2 copies and g-325a has 4 copies. I m so worried now. What will happen guys???

Thats a tough question DvWinner09. Maybe making a general call to USCIS an inquire about how to make corrections. Worst that could happen if they don't like it is send you an RFE.