• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

I also have to mention that my case number is in the 500s (2009AF000005XX), so think its pretty low and leaves some time.

So whats the final call about paying the DoS surcharge using a personal check drawn from American banks? Has anyone (DV2009) gotten their receipt yet?

Medicals-vaccinations

I have a question guys,does anyone know how many vaccinations do we need? Or know where to get the list?

I'll appreciate any help.

Med Tests validity

Depends on your age and sex.

Medical Test Validity :

I believe the USCIS validity requirement for medicals is '1 Year'.

Now......does this mean the medicals should be valid as of the date of NOA (after sending in i-485) ?......OR medicals should be valid as of the date when one faces the actual interview??

Appreciate some info on this.

Medical Test Validity :

I believe the USCIS validity requirement for medicals is '1 Year'.

Now......does this mean the medicals should be valid as of the date of NOA (after sending in i-485) ?......OR medicals should be valid as of the date when one faces the actual interview??

Appreciate some info on this.

In my opinion, It would be better to play it safe and have the medicals valid through the entire process - AOS NOA through final approval - reguadless of what USCIS says. That way it completly eliminates the possiblity of that being used aganist you.

My CN will likely be current on Nov so I'll book an appointment for medicals in mid September.

Hi guys,

Last week, I called the local health department and found out that they provide some vaccines to adults for free: Td, MMR, Hepatitis A and B. For those who are missing some vaccines, I would suggest calling your local health department... who knows, you may be able to save some $.

Hi guys,

Last week, I called the local health department and found out that they provide some vaccines to adults for free: Td, MMR, Hepatitis A and B. For those who are missing some vaccines, I would suggest calling your local health department... who knows, you may be able to save some $.

I called them last month, but in my area they charge $80.
But they charge $200 a flat rate fees for immigration physical, includes every thing....

Hi guys,

Jarev..Thank you very much for the info,I called yesterday my local health department and found that they can give me some of the shots sooo cheap,$8 each,though they don't have all of them,they got majority and it's the same price. I will need to go to the hospital and get the remaining 2 which is not bad,I will save some bucks!!

This was really helpful.

It appears to me that KCC sends 2nd NL for AOS in batches. Most of the people that returned their 230 & 122 in April got a response at the same time around June 15th. The next batch went out around July 15th. Could I be wrong about this observation?

After a bit of research - It appears my previous observation was wrong. After observing this and other threads on other forums it seems that the "2nd NL" from KCC is usually mailed out appx 2 months after DS-122 is recieved, reguardless of when the selectee's rank # is current. My guess is that this only works for AOS and not CP.

Time is nearing...

Has anyone completed the full medical screening yet? How long does it take to get the results back?? Im hoping to pay less than $200 for the whole process..

I need URGENT help. I am very new to this site.

I am a DV2009 AF13xxx winner currently on F1 living in Texas.
**Can someone please give me a straightfoward step by step info on what I need to do etc.
I know this is redundant but there is a lot of conflicting info here.
**What do you guys think about hiring an attorney. Is it worth it.
Right now, I have my original NL and thats it.
Thank you

I need URGENT help. I am very new to this site.

I am a DV2009 AF13xxx winner currently on F1 living in Texas.
**Can someone please give me a straightfoward step by step info on what I need to do etc.
I know this is redundant but there is a lot of conflicting info here.
**What do you guys think about hiring an attorney. Is it worth it.
Right now, I have my original NL and thats it.
Thank you

Do not believe you need a lawyer, but that is your call. Read this post for good information. http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215048 After that you can ask specific questions that relates to your case.

Time is nearing...

Has anyone completed the full medical screening yet? How long does it take to get the results back?? Im hoping to pay less than $200 for the whole process..

I finally got around to scheduling my medicals. I should have that completed within the next couple of weeks. They said the whole process would take about a week. Incidentally, $200 seem standard around here, though I don't think that includes any chest x-rays should you need them.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
i am still comparing costs here and there.........its so expensive around here some are charging $450 for everything.

For October 2008, immigrant numbers in the DV category will be available to qualified DV-2009 << Click here for the full bulletin>>
HTML:
+------------------+--------------------+
|                  |                    |
| AFRICA     6,900 |  Egypt      3,100  |
|                  |  Ethiopia   3,600  |
|                  |  Nigeria    3,350  | 
| ASIA       2,900 |                    |
| EUROPE     6,600 |                    |
| NORTH            |                    |
| AMERICA          |                    |
| (BAHAMAS)      2 |                    |
| OCEANIA      200 |                    |
| SOUTH            |                    |
| AMERICA,         |                    |
| and the          |                    |
| CARIBBEAN    375 |                    |

Bulletin released ob Department of State - Today, August 13th, 2008:

I'm Ph.D. student with J1 visa and my visa that was issued by US embassy at my home country states that, I have J1 waiver.
But it is expired and the new DS2019 does not mention that I have that waiver.
Do you think guys that I have to get that waiver from USCIS or send a copy of the expired visa when I do AOS?