• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Must be a very expensive area. I paid $140 for everything - physical, skin test, and the 2 blood tests. I didn't need any vaccinations though. The cheapest place was $120, but they had a longer wait for an appointment.

We (in NYC) used the Department of Health to get vaccinations, blood tests and the inevitable chest X-ray. It's free but it's a huge, huge hassle. If you have health insurance you might be able to get your regular doctor to order these tests and save you some money.

We went with the low bid and had the I-693 medical done with a guy named David Ores, who lost our paperwork a few times and was just a huge hassle to deal with. His practice seems to be limited to the I-693 and tattoo removal.

Total out of pocket cost was less than $150 but there was a lot of time taken off from work to deal with the health department and "Dr. Dave."

This is, by the way, another argument for CP, as having the medical back in the old country would have cost relatively little.

Yes, but only if you have the patience to go through all of their reps. I was transferred at least three times, and had to wait each time. Finally gave up, printed forms, and mailed it.

You can order the tax transcripts through a touch tone interface, without talking to anyone. Which is what we did.

I posted a very detailed list of stuff that the USCIS asked us for in the 2008 thread. On the list, they did ask for an "IRS printout" (which AFAIK means a transcript) for the most recent year, or an IRS Form 1722, which is like a summary of the returns you have filed over a few years.

The DAO most certainly wanted the transcripts. She quickly checked them against our photocopies of the actual returns, and then kept all of it, including the original W-2s.

On a related note, there were two lawyers gossiping loudly in the waiting room while we were waiting. One of these guys complained that the USCIS treated all aliens as "lying bastards" and gave their statements no credibility -- unless they were ratting out their lawyer for corruption, in which case they were golden. My observation was that the officer would believe what she could verify from systems or official documents and be skeptical (to the point of not really listening) to anything that was spoken. Keep this in mind.

2nd NL

Hi everybody!

I received the second NL from KCC today.

For those keeping track of dates, below is my signature.

oh, one last thing:

- AOS is a very bad choice and you are highly likely to regret choosing it. The USCIS is a mess. Think carefully.

- Dress well to the interview as the level of respect offered by the officers we saw seemed to correlate 100% to whether the person was in a suit or, say, a spandex bicycle outfit (yes, there was an applicant wearing one).

Hi everybody!

I received the second NL from KCC today.

For those keeping track of dates, below is my signature.

Hi Jarev,

Can you please tell us what does the letter say,if you don't mind.I'm still waiting on mine.

Thanks,

Santay

I am little lost. What are the exact fees to send to USCIS? Should I do the medicals now?

Thanks guys!

If you plan to do AOS, you need to pay 375 to USCIS. I think it's advisable to do your medicals when you realise your CN is just about becoming current.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you plan to do AOS, you need to pay 375 to USCIS. I think it's advisable to do your medicals when you realise your CN is just about becoming current.

If I could correct you;

For AOS you file your I-485 and pay $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80; the fee total is $1,010. This sum goes to USCIS.

You still owe DoS $375 to cover their cost of administration of the lottery.

If I could correct you;

For AOS you file your I-485 and pay $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80; the fee total is $1,010. This sum goes to USCIS.

You still owe DoS $375 to cover their cost of administration of the lottery.

Should I send all payments above now?

Should I send all payments above now?

The $1010 to USCIS should be sent in along with your I-485 filing.

You can send in your $375 (a.k.a "surcharge") to DoS at any time between now and your interview date. Ideally you want to time it such that you have enough time to get a receipt (proof of payment) back from DoS to take with you to the interview. Some folks send in this payment even sooner so that they have a copy of the receipt that they can include in their I-485 package. I prefer the latter method.

On the other hand you don't want to send the payment in too soon, just incase your circumstances change.:)

Side note: It does appear however, that some AOS folks sailed through their interviews without first paying the surcharge but had the final GC approval delayed until they delivered a proof of payment. In other words, some successful AOS folks paid the surcharge after their interview.

...and thats my $0.02

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jarev,

Can you please tell us what does the letter say,if you don't mind.I'm still waiting on mine.

Thanks,

Santay

Hi Satay,

I saw you got the second NL on the 14th.

Now to prepare all the paperwork and wait for our numbers to become current.

ALU4E,
I see you got your 2nd NL. Whats' is it about anyway?

In summary, it syas:
they are no longer handeling my case, bacause I'm doing AOS.
From now on I have to contact my local USCIS office.
Also, I should not send any forms to USCIS till Oct. 1st 2008.
I have to the processing fees to DOS after contacting USCIS and submitting the AOS forms.

In summary, it syas:
they are no longer handeling my case, bacause I'm doing AOS.
From now on I have to contact my local USCIS office.
Also, I should not send any forms to USCIS till Oct. 1st 2008.
I have to the processing fees to DOS after contacting USCIS and submitting the AOS forms.

Hmmm.....Very interesting! Thanks ALU4E. :cool:

For strategic purposes, if your CN is probably going to be current in Oct. When would be a good time be to have medical done.

Also, for those that have recieved the 2nd NL, does it mention anything about medicals?