• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

For November 2008, immigrant numbers in the DV category will be available to qualified DV-2009 << Click here for the full bulletin>>
HTML:
+------------------+--------------------+
|                  |                    |
| AFRICA     12,500|  Egypt      5,900  |
|                  |  Ethiopia   6,300  |
|                  |  Nigeria    6,000  | 
| ASIA       5,300 |                    |
| EUROPE    11,000 |                    |
| NORTH            |                    |
| AMERICA          |                    |
| (BAHAMAS)      3 |                    |
| OCEANIA      325 |                    |
| SOUTH            |                    |
| AMERICA,         |                    |
| and the          |                    |
| CARIBBEAN    550 |                    |

Bulletin released by Department of State - Today, September 11th, 2008:

Just did the medicals today ... cost me $356 .. ouch. Everything should be done next week on Tuesday. It looks like I'll be current in December :)

Has anyone of those who already paid the DOS fee and received the receipt done it using a personal check? DOS requires payment to be made using either a cashier's check or a mail order. I do not know how strict this requirement is but the problem with those means of payment is that one is not able to track the payment. Well, until the receipt arrives but it can take awhile in some cases.

DV-2009 winners, who want to do AOS. I have these advises for you.
1- Please make a copy of this memo
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/AffSuppAFM062706.pdf
and take with you to the interview and show that to your interviewer if they ask for I-864. Make sure there is no update to this memo. You can find it on USCIS web site if there is any update. This memo exempts DV applicants to file I-864 and mentioned it clearly on page 4-5.
2- Ask your sponsor to make two original forms of I-134 for you and keep one with yourself. Or, make a certified true copy (notary officer can do that for you) of your original I-134 and take that with you to your interview. Because in my case USCIS lost my original I-134 and I had a copy of that during interview. They did not accept the copy. But certified true copy is valid as original.

Good luck every body

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did the medicals today ... cost me $356 .. ouch. Everything should be done next week on Tuesday. It looks like I'll be current in December :)

Hello horizon67,

$356... was it only for the medical check up or were you missing some vaccines and/or required X-rays?

Thanks.

shoot !! I though I was gonna be current on November, but apparantly is gonna be on December, i know ......one month is not a big of a deal, but i have to reset my mind to december since I was planning everything for November .....:eek:
Going away for a week on December for the holidays, I hope i don't have the fingerprints appointment around that time.

Another concern about the affidavit support.
Is it a must for every one doing AOS, or ONLY for those who have income below the poverty line.
Do I have to submit 4 affidavit support forms, since we are family of 4 or just one?

Multiple DOS fees

Could someone who has payed for several family members share his experience? Does it have to be one check or separate checks for each person?

masematn,

I believe in your letter notification package you should have some kind of form stating you are paying for x person(s) for total of xxx....

So you only need 1 check for all family members (including you). Don't forget to write down your DV case # on the check as well.

Could someone who has payed for several family members share his experience? Does it have to be one check or separate checks for each person?

I paid $1500 for family of 4, single cashier check.
In the reciept, there is a space for how many persons/case.

Quite impressive! Did they accept your insurance?

For me, I did it in a public health Dept. in my area.
They didn't fully charge me for the two kids, since they attend a public school, just $50/child.
the charges for me and my wife ~ $330.
So, for a family of 4, we paid total ~ $430

Medical exam

I visited a civil surgeon today. For three people I payed $75. It included exam and two shots. My BCBS insurance was accepted.

I had my medicals done last week, now am waiting for the results. The health center accepted my BSBC too, but later that day I checked with my insurance and they said "hell no!"