• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

@island girl, try and see if u can get the photocopy, they have not really laid emphasis on it but becos we no want casualties, i will advice that u get even the photocopy

I don't have any copy of it at all. I am hoping the barcodes on the first and second letters will suffice.

thanks modest
nice to know u care for us like a mother .
take care , thanks

@ Modest. I am thinking this person thinks you are female, just as I used to think when I had just joined this forum. Of course now I know better :D Something about the username 'Modest' makes it sound female.

I don't have any copy of it at all. I am hoping the barcodes on the first and second letters will suffice.

madam which one exactly are u calling barcode is it not the letter they said u must bring the orignal for ur interview,
just try and check w ere u made photocopy and if u cant find it
it is ok, i dont think u should be crusified for that.

u should be ok, becos the lord is ur refuge

yeah

@ Modest. I am thinking this person thinks you are female, just as I used to think when I had just joined this forum. Of course now I know better :D Something about the username 'Modest' makes it sound female.

yeah i know, and tell u what it is very interesting, thinking like a mother, i enjoy doing so, and i know african mothers care about a lot of things, including their sons and daughters in law,
u know what i mean

madam which one exactly are u calling barcode is it not the letter they said u must bring the orignal for ur interview,
just try and check w ere u made photocopy and if u cant find it
it is ok, i dont think u should be crusified for that.

u should be ok, becos the lord is ur refuge

I don't know if all this prepration is making me confused but in the first package, apart from the NL there was a sheet with just the name of the principal applicant, the case number and a big barcode (probably also the address and DV preference category).

I think it was indicated that that sheet was to be kept and handed over at the interview. Am I right or am I getting confused with all these documents? Did you have a sheet apart from the NL with a large barcode that you had to hand over at the interview? Or was that to be sent back to KCC with the completed forms?

yeah i know, and tell u what it is very interesting, thinking like a mother, i enjoy doing so, and i know african mothers care about a lot of things, including their sons and daughters in law,
u know what i mean

Yeah, I know what you mean :)

You certainly are doing a good job here. Keep it up.

I don't know if all this prepration is making me confused but in the first package, apart from the NL there was a sheet with just the name of the principal applicant, the case number and a big barcode (probably also the address and DV preference category).

I think it was indicated that that sheet was to be kept and handed over at the interview. Am I right or am I getting confused with all these documents? Did you have a sheet apart from the NL with a large barcode that you had to hand over at the interview? Or was that to be sent back to KCC with the completed forms?

Islandgirl you said it; you are getting confused.
What you described, has already been sent to KCC.
However your NL and second package letter both have smaller barcodes above your name. You need to take both to the interview.

Islandgirl you said it; you are getting confused.
What you described, has already been sent to KCC.
However your NL and second package letter both have smaller barcodes above your name. You need to take both to the interview.

Thanks for clarifying blackgerman. We suddenly remembered that sheet and neither of us could figure out what became of it. I guess the reason we could not find it is because it was sent back to KCC. Duh...:eek:

The stress is getting to me. Thanks again.

hold ur piece

i dont think u have sent it to kcc, becos the instruction says u shld take
it with u for interview, but dont worry if u cant find it

just go ahead

chacho,islandgirl and martins,Lord keep you guys and give you wisdom to handle everything.remember be calm and collected,thanks to this forum you are better prepared than the average DV2008 winner.

i dont think u have sent it to kcc, becos the instruction says u shld take
it with u for interview, but dont worry if u cant find it

just go ahead

Okay, so now I am not sure again :confused:

Nevertheless, I am going to do as you said and not worry about it. The other two letters both have barcodes on them so surely that should suffice. Thanks Modest.

Originally Posted by islandgirl

i think there some other letters with that same bar code ,you may be able to use those,if not your number should do.sure there will be no problems .worst thing you can do is worry

chacho,islandgirl and martins,Lord keep you guys and give you wisdom to handle everything.remember be calm and collected,thanks to this forum you are better prepared than the average DV2008 winner.

You are correct. I have certainly learned a lot from this forum, and in particular the Nigerian threads. I am not going to worry about it.

yeah

Okay, so now I am not sure again :confused:

Nevertheless, I am going to do as you said and not worry about it. The other two letters both have barcodes on them so surely that should suffice. Thanks Modest.

most of these stuff are security checks just to be sure u are the one who u claim u are,
so dont bother, the lord is good

j cloud
November is around the corner, i hope u have put every thing in place for ur interview

Modest,
Thank you for you indeed care for all of us. My documents are intact except for WAEC verification, that I hope to pay for this week. All we need now is prayers and God's favour and it shall be well. Greetings to your family.

The barcode is actually to be submitted along the forms filled and sent to KCC. For me I kept a scanned copy of all docs. The barcode is not required at the interview but your NL and possibly the second letter confirming your interview date, where that is not available the e mail notifying you of your interview date from KCC.

No problem

yes the instructed that the barcode be sent back to kcc in other to facilitate the process of your case. so if you don't see it that means you must have done the right thing. BUt you should have made a copy of it for reserve.
the one the said you come to embassy with is the congratulatory letter.

Thank you everyone for your input. I am no longer worried about it, I think the stress from preparing all those documents made us a bit confused about what became of that sheet.

you dont say . wow thats surprsin to know that u are a man - modest ,.
for those who are still waitin for their appointment letters , you can go to the embassy by 12.30 pm and ask and collect the hospital check docs and police report doc also / that will facilitate your readiness. for your knowledge they will run a HIV test and have you fill a form authorizing them to carry out the test , if you dont make the test - thats the end of the road . love you all

hello all

1 can i get birth Affidavit from LGA of any state or must it be in my own LGA

2 Is laminating of documents okay for the interview or does it make it look suspicious to nwa Beke?
thanks all