• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

This is so sad!

Hello house, how's everybody doing, I'm making this post to prevent others not to make same mistake i made here.
Make sure your internet connection is seriously protected against hackers that specialize in tracking people's account, and most especially in US here that many internet is exposed to public.
I normally use Crazy Browser to browse on my laptop, i did not know what on earth made me used Internet Explorer yesterday while making some online transfer from my account to another account, and my account was hacked and an unkown network got my username and password and moved all money in my account ($2,800) remaining just 20dollars in the account.
I mean, it's so unbealivable but this is what happened.
Please, when you get to the state here, make sure you have your network protected, i have always been careful but i thought that was in Naija, so, please and please, even as you are preparing to come to this land of opportunity, also note that anything our people do there originates from here.
I wish you all that are current a successful interview.
Dallas is cool here and God is in control.

Hello house, how's everybody doing, I'm making this post to prevent others not to make same mistake i made here.
Make sure your internet connection is seriously protected against hackers that specialize in tracking people's account, and most especially in US here that many internet is exposed to public.
I normally use Crazy Browser to browse on my laptop, i did not know what on earth made me used Internet Explorer yesterday while making some online transfer from my account to another account, and my account was hacked and an unkown network got my username and password and moved all money in my account ($2,800) remaining just 20dollars in the account.
Please, when you get to the state here, make sure you have your network protected, i have always been careful but i thought that was in Naija, so, please and please, even as you are preparing to come to this land of opportunity, also note that anything our people do there originates from here.
tHIS IS SERIOUS, SO MUCH TO BE TAKEN AWAY FROM SOMEBODY LIKE YOU WHO HAS NOT GET HE FEET RIGHT IN AMERICA, DON'T WORRY gOD WILL REWARD YOU IN A THOUSAND FOLDS

See oyibo wayooo.

Hey,
God will restore that which the enemy has taken away. Thanks Sinexworldwide. This house transcend just getting the visa to America. Please educate the house on system protection, because many will desire to have personal laptop on getting to the States.

Modest,
Thank you for you indeed care for all of us. My documents are intact except for WAEC verification, that I hope to pay for this week. All we need now is prayers and God's favour and it shall be well. Greetings to your family.

if u have WAEC certificate u dont need verification, then how long does verification take, why are u just paying

america wonder

come and see america wonder,
na wah oh sorrrrrrrrrrry ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but try and repot to the bank and see what comes out of it

Odiegwu oooooooooooooo.this oyibo people sef.
Sorriiiiiiiiiii.the Lord will replenish u,but meanwhile I think it will be very good to follow modest advice.somebody I know had a similar experince somtime in the UK and in the end was able to recover all the money.Just give it try,It might work for u too.
People in the house u no hear,Wayo dey for america ooooo.Make una be careful otherwise will do there own 419 for you.

1 can i get birth Affidavit from LGA of any state or must it be in my own LGA

2 Is laminating of documents okay for the interview or does it make it look suspicious to nwa Beke?
thanks all

birth affidavit?why do not you get a back dated birth certificate or the National Population commission stuff and secondary evidence.

Thanks all

I really appreciate you all for your concern jare, na dem sabi.
A friend told me that somebody had that same experience in UK and over 9,000 Pounds was flushed out of his account, what a world? well, either you are there or anywhere, just make sure you don't use Internet Explorer, you can use Crazy Browser, Mozilla, and some of them like that.
Bye for now.

pls advice needed urgently

By the way congrats Modest on ur successful interview.[/QUOTE

i have interview in nov 2007
i need answers to the following questions:

1. i had a change of name in 2000 , what should reflect on my attestation for birth certificate? old name or new name.

2.i put unilag as my second qualifications cos i have a diploma there but i mistakenly put n/a in degree/certificate column. do i still need to go there with the diploma certificate?.

3. anybody that has gone there for interview who is into computer engineering.?

if u have WAEC certificate u dont need verification, then how long does verification take, why are u just paying

Oga Modest just thank God for me, there was a mistake in my surname instead of B, WAEC wrote D. So I went to WAEC, (shebi na human being dey there) and I was amazed with the kind of attention the staff gave to me despite the fact that I don't know anyone there. I paid for ammendment, but bcos it will not be ready b4 my interview,WAEC gave me a sealed letter to the embassy IRO the error. So I decided to also pay for verification to be double sure and be on the safer side. The two cost just 10k (5k each i.e ammendment and verification). The staff refused to accept any gratification even after helping. I bet you Nigeria is changing. Please if you have any issue with your WAEC result, just go to 5th floor and talk to them, all the staff there are good people.
House make una pray oooo. Chacho give us the testimony, we are all waiting. Please I beg everyone of us not to give document to anyone to do on our behalf. I had to do an independent verification of all my documents even the affidavit sworn to at the court to be sure I am not carrying anything fake. God help us all ooooo.
Verification takes less than 3 hours provided you have a sworn affidavit requesting that the result of verification be sent to the Consular, U.S. Embassy, two passport photographs, copy of result and 5K.
My job schedule has been so tight that is why I am paying late, but within time allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
nigeria we hail thee

Oga Modest just thank God for me, there was a mistake in my surname instead of B, WAEC wrote D. So I went to WAEC, (shebi na human being dey there) and I was amazed with the kind of attention the staff gave to me despite the fact that I don't know anyone there. I paid for ammendment, but bcos it will not be ready b4 my interview,WAEC gave me a sealed letter to the embassy IRO the error. So I decided to also pay for verification to be double sure and be on the safer side. The two cost just 10k (5k each i.e ammendment and verification). The staff refused to accept any gratification even after helping. I bet you Nigeria is changing. Please if you have any issue with your WAEC result, just go to 5th floor and talk to them, all the staff there are good people.
House make una pray oooo. Chacho give us the testimony, we are all waiting. Please I beg everyone of us not to give document to anyone to do on our behalf. I had to do an independent verification of all my documents even the affidavit sworn to at the court to be sure I am not carrying anything fake. God help us all ooooo.
Verification takes less than 3 hours provided you have a sworn affidavit requesting that the result of verification be sent to the Consular, U.S. Embassy, two passport photographs, copy of result and 5K.
My job schedule has been so tight that is why I am paying late, but within time allowed.

this is good to hear, we hail our mother land

Jcloud

Jcloud,Thank u for the information u provided on WAEC.I too have problems on my certificate and have been wondering what to do abt it.

Pls i have a question here:Is the WAEC verification sent direct to the embassy and or do u have to take along it with u.

Hello this there issue that has been bothering me and here it goes.
What happens if a woman is pregnant at the time of her interview and visa collection but puts to bed b4 finally leaving for US.

Jcloud,Thank u for the information u provided on WAEC.I too have problems on my certificate and have been wondering what to do abt it.

Pls i have a question here:Is the WAEC verification sent direct to the embassy and or do u have to take along it with u.

I was told the embassy comes to collect the results. So the result of the verification will NOT be handed over to you. All you need to show at the embassy is the photocopy of your receipt (payment to WAEC).

What happens if a woman is pregnant at the time of her interview and visa collection but puts to bed b4 finally leaving for US.

This is a reason why I am planning to leave earlier. I learnt if a woman is 7 months pregnant many aircraft will not carry them. If you can wait till the arrival of the baby, the embassy will give a kind of cover visa or note. House please speak, I remember someone once posted something on this.

Joyful thats a beautiful question. Conventional wisdom holds that the child will come with you.
If a woman has a child before interview, the child gets a visa too. So if a pregnant woman gets a visa and puts to birth before she travels, the child will also get a visa.
But what happens when the woman gets the visa in say August 08 and puts to birth in October 08 i.e. after the closing date of DV08, what happens? We all know the child can no longer derive the visa from DV08. So what happens?

what becomes

i have a boy of 22,who is also a DV winner but his num.is 17xxx,but he did not make make Maths & Eng. in his WAEC but this will not affect him or anythin he could do,e ja wa si oooo.

There have been some posts in the other threads in this forum stating that you do not need a separate visa for the baby if less than 2 years old. I suppose you will need birth cert. proving you are the parent, passport etc.
I guess you will need a letter from the embassy. I would think that the baby should still be covered even if born after the lottery ends.
Best bet is to send an e-mail to the embassy and tell us what they say.
Better still, have the baby in the US for instant US citizenship for the baby.

Please Help

Hello House,

My second package is here, my interview comes up on 11th December but my Passport is yet to be ready, though my husband has his. Can I go ahead with my Medical without my Passport?