• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

I have waited so long for the opportunity to be able to share my experience.God is good!God is real! God is faithful! Tell him,how and the way you want your interview to be and i can bet it,that it will surly be as long as he is the only living God.
Please permit me to produce part 1,2 ,3 and 4 of my experience,because e dey sweet me.
Part 2
I will like to say a big thank you to pple like modest, Pastor Adebayo, johnkent, and mamaj.these pple took time off to answer to my worries.
I also appreciate everybody in the forum,this forum is a blessing as in,if you have been a good and contributing member you can't miss it.
Part 3
Before i go into my interview proper,i will like to draw pples attention back to my worries before my interview,i complained about mistake on my passport blah,blah,blah that i wrote KCC and embassy blah,blah blah,that i did not get any reply.Anyway after pple like johnkent,modest and pastor adebayo scolded me,that it should not be a problem since i have an observation on the passport.
i finally mailed lagos embassy again and catergorically asked them to atleast acknowledge my mail.so i got a reply from them.
Part 4
I got to the embassy like 5:50am,joined the line...u know normal routine now.I was called to window 11 at around 1:30pm......whoooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what did i see???????Favour of the lord. An elderly man waiting to just see me.
consular-smile.----goodafternoon
me- smile-----goodafternoon sir.
consular - i just want to verify ur documents
me---ok
cosular----asked me for a minute----typing on his computer,
i saw my passport,the printout of the lottery i did in 2006 there too.
consular---your full name?
me---*******
consular-----raise up hand to tell the truth
me---- i do
consular---- where were you born
me-----lagos
me---em..em..i have(cut in)
consular---Don't worry i am looking at your mails now on my computer
consular---pointed to my degree certifcate and asked what the degree means
me-----B-ENG elect/elect engr
consular---looked at my waec and asked my best subject
me---chemistry
consular-----and u did engineering
me----i would have done medicine,but i don't like biology
consular----smiled------
consular----pointed to my native town and asked me to pronouce it----he was smiling cos he couldn't pronouce it.
me----igbo-egunrin
consular-----where is this in nigeria
me-----ondo-state
consular---smilling seriouly---like how many KM is it from lagos?
me-----i said i wouldn't know,but like 3-4 hours drive.
consular----pls give me some mins ,(typing on his computer)
me-----smiling and thanking baba God.
consular congratulate me and asked me to take another passport and bring it on any friday,that my visa will be ready 3wks after that.
me-----i was like this:D:D:D:D:D:D:D throughout the day.
favour actually located me there.
pple lady in window 12 tough o! Not to scare anyone but she asks a lot of questions
me and that baba chatted,i tell u.

Chacho,
Whatever the hands of God is in, be sure failure is not within vicinity. My brother this testimony is sweet and I covet a better and simpler one in Jesus Name. Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn.

E Ku orire ooooooo

Islandgirl and Chacho, congratulations. It shall be permanent and for evryother current member,Almighty God will favour you all

congrats chacho. The Lord is faithful. Told you the man at Window 11 is God sent to the members of this forum. May the testimonies keep flowing.

yeah, my sis just got back from Nigeria and she got my Waec certificate with her. She also got me a birth certificate from NPC but the place of birth was wrong. it should have been owerri but they had my village name on it so am gonna have to ask someone else back home to do it for me asap.

the place of birth is very important, it must be what is in ur passport exactly

Hi guys, just letting you all know that my husband and I had a successful interview today. I posted a thread on it.

Special thanks to Modest, Jircies, MamaJ, Adebayo and everyone else. You were all so very helpful (even to a none Nigerian such as myself :))and have provided such valuable information and advice about this whole process. Thank you all.

congratulations and a big Thank u to everybody

we are dancing in the lord

pple just to let you know,i had my interview today and wat else do we expect?? it was successful!:D:D:D:D.i will give you the full gist.God is faithful pple.

just pay up before the date of pick up and pick ur visa
next fly to america

eja wa si

i said it's not mine but will there not be a problem wt passes in Maths & Eng. but 5 credits in one sitting, e ja wa si just means enlighten us.PERIOD nothing more,ok

a what language this, mi na understand

on a more serious not, pls let ur son register for this NECO and pray that he passes maths and English, it is very important, u hear
he will probably be current by may, so there is time

Oga

I have waited so long for the opportunity to be able to share my experience.God is good!God is real! God is faithful! Tell him,how and the way you want your interview to be and i can bet it,that it will surly be as long as he is the only living God.
Please permit me to produce part 1,2 ,3 and 4 of my experience,because e dey sweet me.
Part 2
I will like to say a big thank you to pple like modest, Pastor Adebayo, johnkent, and mamaj.these pple took time off to answer to my worries.
I also appreciate everybody in the forum,this forum is a blessing as in,if you have been a good and contributing member you can't miss it.
Part 3
Before i go into my interview proper,i will like to draw pples attention back to my worries before my interview,i complained about mistake on my passport blah,blah,blah that i wrote KCC and embassy blah,blah blah,that i did not get any reply.Anyway after pple like johnkent,modest and pastor adebayo scolded me,that it should not be a problem since i have an observation on the passport.
i finally mailed lagos embassy again and catergorically asked them to atleast acknowledge my mail.so i got a reply from them.
Part 4
I got to the embassy like 5:50am,joined the line...u know normal routine now.I was called to window 11 at around 1:30pm......whoooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what did i see???????Favour of the lord. An elderly man waiting to just see me.
consular-smile.----goodafternoon
me- smile-----goodafternoon sir.
consular - i just want to verify ur documents
me---ok
cosular----asked me for a minute----typing on his computer,
i saw my passport,the printout of the lottery i did in 2006 there too.
consular---your full name?
me---*******
consular-----raise up hand to tell the truth
me---- i do
consular---- where were you born
me-----lagos
me---em..em..i have(cut in)
consular---Don't worry i am looking at your mails now on my computer
consular---pointed to my degree certifcate and asked what the degree means
me-----B-ENG elect/elect engr
consular---looked at my waec and asked my best subject
me---chemistry
consular-----and u did engineering
me----i would have done medicine,but i don't like biology
consular----smiled------
consular----pointed to my native town and asked me to pronouce it----he was smiling cos he couldn't pronouce it.
me----igbo-egunrin
consular-----where is this in nigeria
me-----ondo-state
consular---smilling seriouly---like how many KM is it from lagos?
me-----i said i wouldn't know,but like 3-4 hours drive.
consular----pls give me some mins ,(typing on his computer)
me-----smiling and thanking baba God.
consular congratulate me and asked me to take another passport and bring it on any friday,that my visa will be ready 3wks after that.
me-----i was like this:D:D:D:D:D:D:D throughout the day.
favour actually located me there.
pple lady in window 12 tough o! Not to scare anyone but she asks a lot of questions
me and that baba chatted,i tell u.
CONGRATS FOR THIS HOME VIDEO, IM REMAIN PART 5:rolleyes:

YEAH BUT PLS I WILL LIKE U TO THRO MORE LIGHT ON SOME ISSUES, COS U KNOW THIS IS THE SEASON FOR INTERVIEW AND I LOVE PEOPLE TO REVIEW AND AND FLASH BACK
U SAID U WERE BORN IN LAGOS, HOW DID IGBO-EGUNRIN COME ABOUT?,
WHAT PASSPORT DID THEY SAY U SHOULD BRING?,

THANKS

Pregnancy And Interivew

hey,
whoever don carry belle should just relax

I am not saying this to scare, but from the people's experience last dv lottery, it is like if u re pregnant, they may ask u to come back after having the baby.
But if ur interview falls into Sept, they have have another story to tell u

Also let me say categorically that, there is no age too small for ur baby to get a passport, even a day old can get passport.

Now if u ask me i will ask and advice that u get Nigerian passport for ur kids before u leave Nigeria. Nigeria passport cost $150 in US.
Joy no airline will refuse to take u if u are 7months even if u are 9 months, but if u begin to behave as if u are going to put to bed there, u know how pregnant women behave, then they will demand for a doctors report.

Favour I am not talking abt Interview but rather Medical. My passport will sure be ready b4 the end of this month. I only want to know if I can start my Medical without the Passport so as to make things fast. My question remains unaswered. Not to bother, I will confirm from Kamorass myself. Thanks all the same.

you need your passport for the medicals but like you said confirm from kamorass:)

Just an advice

Code:
[quote="enorch, post: 1633792"]won it with my new name. 
enlighten me about waec - what if i dont have 5 credit cos i am bankin on work experience.
the form i sent. i have been workin since 1996 as computer administrator.[/QUOTE]
Just an advice, you need to study the requirements for "work experience" carefully; it is tricky. Go back to the lottery bulletin instructions and follow the links to the Dept. of labor website.
The requirements for job experience and training usually require university graduate training . For example they demand training level 7-8. Meanwhile nurses are classified as training level 6 [i.e. they will not qualify]. So it will be easier for a nurse to qualify with her WAEC than with Nursing job experience. Just something to be sure about as you proceed.
I am not sure about the name issue.

Just an advice, you need to study the requirements for "work experience" carefully; it is tricky. Go back to the lottery bulletin instructions and follow the links to the Dept. of labor website.
The requirements for job experience and training usually require university graduate training . For example they demand training level 7-8. Meanwhile nurses are classified as training level 6 [i.e. they will not qualify]. So it will be easier for a nurse to qualify with her WAEC than with Nursing job experience. Just something to be sure about as you proceed.
I am not sure about the name issue.

yap,WAEC results qualifies one than all 'these work experience or training'.

hello

My people, i hail una Oh! I've been away for some time. Men, congrats to Chacho and Islandgirl. You guys are one step ahead now. Chacho, your movie wan bit my own Oh. I for do hollywood, if not for Liveforum. Anyway, cheers!!!!

La Chic and Joyful, i guess J Cloud was able to resolve some problems in his/her WAEC certificate. No fear. I'm not in Lagos yet, but you can go there to see if does staff in 5th floor can help you out. Or better still tell them you want to speak to Mrs. Umo (Ass. Registrar).

Modest, na wa for you Oh! I just admire gals with some good taste. That chic wey interview me on window 12 was kind of such. It just sad that she's so inquisitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
My people, i hail una Oh! I've been away for some time. Men, congrats to Chacho and Islandgirl. You guys are one step ahead now. Chacho, your movie wan bit my own Oh. I for do hollywood, if not for Liveforum. Anyway, cheers!!!!

La Chic and Joyful, i guess J Cloud was able to resolve some problems in his/her WAEC certificate. No fear. I'm not in Lagos yet, but you can go there to see if does staff in 5th floor can help you out. Or better still tell them you want to speak to Mrs. Umo (Ass. Registrar).

Modest, na wa for you Oh! I just admire gals with some good taste. That chic wey interview me on window 12 was kind of such. It just sad that she's so inquisitive.

Good information Demoddon, l think we should be taking habit of giving direct information, precisely the core people to meet at any point in time to reduce stress.

Is there hope? cos I know God can do it!!

I won the 2008 dv lottery with CN 2008af0000XXX,sent back the form late June.Confirm KCC got the form.I mailed to confirm my interview date,cos my number is current,got a reply that they are processing it.
I later sent another mail for confirmation........ they said my the information I supplied doesnt march the CN.:mad:I mailed again giving them all my infor including my spouse's,they told me the my date of birth does not march the CN.I think this mistake most have comein during the dv entering in 2006.
Now I dont know my faith:confused: but something keeps telling me.....I didnt win it,God won it and HE can do all things.
So guys wat do I do now?
Pls somebody help!!!!

I
Now I dont know my faith:confused: but something keeps telling me.....I didnt win it,God won it and HE can do all things.
So guys wat do I do now?
Pls somebody help!!!!

What do u mean by that?
i guess whoever applied the lottery for ya had the wrong info.

I won the 2008 dv lottery with CN 2008af0000XXX,sent back the form late June.Confirm KCC got the form.I mailed to confirm my interview date,cos my number is current,got a reply that they are processing it.
I later sent another mail for confirmation........ they said my the information I supplied doesnt march the CN.:mad:I mailed again giving them all my infor including my spouse's,they told me the my date of birth does not march the CN.I think this mistake most have comein during the dv entering in 2006.
So guys wat do I do now?
Pls somebody help!!!!

Boy that is a very difficult one. Based on the facts you presented, it may take a miracle to resolve it.
Don't get me wrong, but how would you now know the date of birth you used when you played the lottery, if it's different from what you now send to KCC? KCC will never tell you the different DOBs.