• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

not so.

I have 2 questions, what other forms of evidence besides photo albums do you need to take with you to your first interview as proof of marriage if you got married after receiving the 1st NL???

Did the fact that Joyful had only Photo Albums and a marriage certificate dissatisfy the consular officer thus making him rule that she lacked enough documentary evidence? thus subjecting her and her husband to rigorous interrogations? (Referring to Joyful's Experience)

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this because I believe it'll enable others in her situation be better prepared with more documentary evidence (If they have carefully documented their relationship over a long period of time)

Thanks.

hi all,

Reading joyful experience carefully, I could infer that Joyful was actually able to convinced the officer at least partially that they were trully married and that gave her a little consideration, but that still need to be proved and thus the involvement of the anti-fraud unit.
Do not forget that all other newly married couples were disqualified, based on the primitive assumption that any marriage after the first letter was a kind of arrangement , just to get green card and thus a fraud.
thus my advice to you is that anything that can substantiate the fact that you have been in relationship prior to the DV stuff, you should take along. this will include but not limited to your previous communications, pictures prior to the wedding as well as wedding certificates and pictures and videos of events. remember, they already assumed a fraud, so its your responsiblity to prove that you are truly married. I mean what u really need to prove is that you have been in relationship prior to DV letter, and subsequently got married, and that your marriage ( with all the neccessry proof ) was not arranged solely for DV.
best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Onyii in usa

hi friends,
I safely arrived to New York on 25th sept 2008. Via Turkish AirLines. It was a nice trip.
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY ONE THAT HAD A SUCCESSFULL INTERVIEW .. FAVOUR1 AND JOY.....

"To God be the Glory"

ONYII, welcome to the USA. It is my prayer that you will not regret your coming and that you will eat the good fruit of the land. Make the best of the opportunity positively. And please, let us all do our best to improve the image of Nigeria and Nigerians.

WELCOME!!! and God Bless you.

affidafit of support

hi all,

my sponsor sent the affidavit of support and documents sealed in a envelope. Is there any thing wrong in opening the envelope to see whether all the requirements are met? please advice

hi all,

my sponsor sent the affidavit of support and documents sealed in a envelope. Is there any thing wrong in opening the envelope to see whether all the requirements are met? please advice

u can open the envelope. You'll have to open it before you enter the embassy anyways.

Successful CP for DV2008 in Lagos, Nigeria on 17 Sept 2008

Fellow members,
Please join me and my family in thanking GOD for having a successful interview this morning at 9am. It all seems like a dream as the whole exercise can be likened to a mere chat than a formal interview as the consular officer seems more interested in spending time looking through my family picture albums
I’ll say more by next week after picking up the passports with the visas.

For the full details of my interview experience of 17th Sept 2008 in Lagos, Please check out the following link :-

Friends, happy 48th Independent Day. May the good Lord bless our dear country, Nigeria. Amen. The forum has been quiet for some time. Where is everybody? Lets keep the house alive. Wishing everyone all the very best.

Friends, happy 48th Independent Day. May the good Lord bless our dear country, Nigeria. Amen. The forum has been quiet for some time. Where is everybody? Lets keep the house alive. Wishing everyone all the very best.

I guess most dv 2008 folks are gone.

Ask Ur sponsor.

hi all,

Ask ur sponsor if u could but i think u can

Which Country Mailing Address is Best?

Hi All, I have a question to those who were successful with the previous DV Lotteries.

I live in the UK but will be moving house by March 2008 (dont know the precise address yet). My chargeable area is Nigeria. Just wondering wether it's ok to use a US mailing address although I dont live in the US, or a Uk address or a Nigerian address. I'm most comfortable with a US (my sisters') mailing address though.

Thank you and all the best to y'all!

Transist visa to eu nations?

PLEASE COULD OUR OLDER FORUMITES/SOMEOME HELP WITH THESE QUESTION:

IF YOU FLY THROUGH EUROPE, eg; Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt or London, DO YOU NEED A TRANSIST VISA IN ANY OF THESE EU NATIONS?

I NEED MORE AND URGENT ANSWERS TO THIS QUESTION, PLEASE.

I will appreciate for the responses. Thanks

i think

hi all,

Hi,

I think you have to open it, to ascertain that what he sent to you is really what you needed and also met the requirements.

How's your relationship with the person if direct you can ask him why he did that and if not i think he did that so that you won't be able to check and use his/her details for something else.

That is my opinion, but i still think you'll have to open it 'cos it might not meet what you needed and if you're getting to know on the interview day it might not be redeemable. So ensure you know the content before your interview.

Good Luck

PLEASE COULD OUR OLDER FORUMITES/SOMEOME HELP WITH THESE QUESTION:

IF YOU FLY THROUGH EUROPE, eg; Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt or London, DO YOU NEED A TRANSIST VISA IN ANY OF THESE EU NATIONS?

I NEED MORE AND URGENT ANSWERS TO THIS QUESTION, PLEASE.

I will appreciate for the responses. Thanks

It depends what passport you have but the best option is to inquire from the Embassy/High Commission of the country through which you want to make your transit.Some airlines can also provide you with detailed information on this issue so find out from them if you can.

Regards.

Ask ur sponsor if u could but i think u can

hello house,
i have dis question bothering me,i did a pre degree 2 get into d university,and at that time the requirement for entry was 5 cerdits,3 sciences and two other, which i got,so after the programme i was given to study physics which i scored the highest in the pre degree,but i didnt get it credit in my ssce...
do i really have to bother cos my interview is on the 9th oct...,please i need ur urgent reply..
God bless us all in the Jesus Name as we go thru the interviwes

Hello Guys,
thanks for your support, i've asked a couple of question on this forum but the response has'nt been good enough.... one of the questions where, is a job offer and appartment waiting for me enough to convince the CO during my interview?
These are being arranged by my sponsor who doesn't have enough money at the moment. Is it ok for him to fill out the I-846 form for me?

Affidavit of support

hi all,

need your advice with respect to my sponsors profile.
I received the affidavit of support this week, but I am a bit worried about what it contains.
my sponsor income is about $37,000 annually salary plus $5000 salary differential. he owned about $500,000 worth home, but with about $460,000 of mortgage encumberance. the family is 4 in number and we are three. the wife also work, thus he indicated that she was partially dependent on him.
he also had sponsored a family 2 years ago.
also he did not fill the income directly on the affidavit form, however the leter from the employer detailed the income.
now with his family we are seven, not sure wether his own income is enough for seven people according to the poverty guildeline. not also sure what the implication of omitting his income in affidavit can be, although the employer letter detailled that. Also do not understand what the $5000 salary differential mean. Even though the wife works ,nothing in the affidavit refered to that , athough they the tax return was filled together as indicated by the tax return form he sent.
please advice me.