• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

well,
in my own case...my wife's NPC was made in my name.There is a provision where her parents names and state origins would be stated on the attestation letter.logically,since we r married,her documents should read my name.

Delivery in usa

If you still need advise on this issue, send me a private mail, there are 3 uptions left to you.

I will be able to explain them properly. I did a really intense research when i wanted to give birth in 2005.

Regards

arm. I should be more concerned with the airline's restrictions but they assured me they would once I get my doctor's certification.
Johnkent, hanks a lot for your view point too but I want to make it clear why I'm asking these questions. I have a very ggod job in Nigeria from which I don't plan to resign immediately. The idea is to use the advantage of maternity leave of 2 months to travel and get the green card before I return and make final plans. If I have the baby here in Nigeria, then I can't travel immediately until the baby is strong enough, by which time my maternity leave will be almost over. That's just the point. So I'm trying to explore possible options of reducing the maternity bill which I heard could be as much as 10-12,000dollars for the un-insured. Where I wan see that kain money to throwway??? I'm also looking through the internet for other options like maternity card (under the firm called maternity advantage). If those of you already there have any other possible means (not to run away from bills but to reduce it significantly), pls let me know.

GOD BLESS U ALL...REAL GOOD[/QUOTE]

If you still need advise on this issue, send me a private mail, there are 3 uptions left to you.

I will be able to explain them properly. I did a really intense research when i wanted to give birth in 2005.

Regards

arm. I should be more concerned with the airline's restrictions but they assured me they would once I get my doctor's certification.
Johnkent, hanks a lot for your view point too but I want to make it clear why I'm asking these questions. I have a very ggod job in Nigeria from which I don't plan to resign immediately. The idea is to use the advantage of maternity leave of 2 months to travel and get the green card before I return and make final plans. If I have the baby here in Nigeria, then I can't travel immediately until the baby is strong enough, by which time my maternity leave will be almost over. That's just the point. So I'm trying to explore possible options of reducing the maternity bill which I heard could be as much as 10-12,000dollars for the un-insured. Where I wan see that kain money to throwway??? I'm also looking through the internet for other options like maternity card (under the firm called maternity advantage). If those of you already there have any other possible means (not to run away from bills but to reduce it significantly), pls let me know.

GOD BLESS U ALL...REAL GOOD
[/QUOTE]

Like some people pointed up, u'll probably be able to get some help from the government since u are pregnant.

Documents from Sponsor

Hi,

I just got my AOS docs from my sponsor in the US. He is a family friend with the under listed. I think the docs are alright or what do you guys reckon?

Received

1. I-134 filled and notorised
2. Permanent Resident Card copy
3. Letter from his employer stating when he started with the company (2000) and his earnings to date
4. Income tax return dated back to 2000 when he started working in US + W2
5. Bank Statement (Savings and Current accounts)

Other Details

Annual Income - $115,000 but employer letter stated $118,000 per annum
Deposit in savings - $3,000
Other Personal Property - $30,000
Stocks and Bonds - $2,000 (Fell due to crisis in US)
Cash Surrender (from Stocks & Bonds) - $2,000
Life Insurance – Nil
Own real estate valued - $1,000,000
Encumbrance - $6,000
Extent of Support – Furnish flat for for 6months
Previously submitted AOS for person(s) – None
Visa petition in the past – None
No of dependants – 3 children

The tax return states the husband and wife's name and the properties showed the same.

Wife also working but not listed as dependant and salary not added how does that affect my case?.

Please advice.

Hi,

I just got my AOS docs from my sponsor in the US. He is a family friend with the under listed. I think the docs are alright or what do you guys reckon?

Received

1. I-134 filled and notorised
2. Permanent Resident Card copy
3. Letter from his employer stating when he started with the company (2000) and his earnings to date
4. Income tax return dated back to 2000 when he started working in US + W2
5. Bank Statement (Savings and Current accounts)

Other Details

Annual Income - $115,000 but employer letter stated $118,000 per annum
Deposit in savings - $3,000
Other Personal Property - $30,000
Stocks and Bonds - $2,000 (Fell due to crisis in US)
Cash Surrender (from Stocks & Bonds) - $2,000
Life Insurance – Nil
Own real estate valued - $1,000,000
Encumbrance - $6,000
Extent of Support – Furnish flat for for 6months
Previously submitted AOS for person(s) – None
Visa petition in the past – None
No of dependants – 3 children

The tax return states the husband and wife's name and the properties showed the same.

Wife also working but not listed as dependant and salary not added how does that affect my case?.

Please advice.

I think u will be alright; but are you married with kids, if not, experience has shown that single applicants are not asked about their AOS;
Like in my case though I had them( I-134 and tax returns for 2 years) with me, I was not asked to show my AOS.
Good luck.

Hi all, need help on this.
My friend got a sponsor who sent her an AOS. He is single, works and earns 21.000 annually and dat was the only think he indicated in the AOS. He however included his tax returns and employment letter from the employer. Is that going to be problematic.

Hi all, need help on this.
My friend got a sponsor who sent her an AOS. He is single, works and earns 21.000 annually and dat was the only think he indicated in the AOS. He however included his tax returns and employment letter from the employer. Is that going to be problematic.

Kongis,
If you have read previous posts you would have gotten answer to your query, however, did your friend's sponsor fill the I-134 form and notorised? And also, is your friend single or married? If she is the former, she may not even need the AOS like other successful ones, though it is important to just have it in place. Good luck pls.

still NPC certificate

hi all,

I collected Our NPC certificates today only to be surprised that it was not a birth certificate as I had thought but an atttestation of birth , with reference made to the affidavit we sworn as part of the proceedure to collect the document. Please I will appreciate a urgent clarification if that is the same document members of this forum have been collecting from NPC. Or Has anyone collected a real birth certificate from NPC. Then is the attestation of birth acceptable for the interview? please help, just few days to our interview.

hi all,

I collected Our NPC certificates today only to be surprised that it was not a birth certificate as I had thought but an atttestation of birth , with reference made to the affidavit we sworn as part of the proceedure to collect the document. Please I will appreciate a urgent clarification if that is the same document members of this forum have been collecting from NPC. Or Has anyone collected a real birth certificate from NPC. Then is the attestation of birth acceptable for the interview? please help, just few days to our interview.

That is the same document everyone of us got. It is acceptable for the interview. Don't be afraid.

At the poe

Dear Old Forumites,
By the grace of God I will be in Arkansas by next week.

I will fly Delta airlines from Nigeria (LOS-ATL-ARK)

Will Atlanta be my POE?

But I will spend only 3 hours before leaving for Arkansas.

Pls could anyone intimate me with the proceedures at Atlanta airport?

What are mine to submit and what to collect from US immigration officers?
Thanks
Navigator

goodmorning House,
it is rather unfortunate that i am joining this great site today.i got to know about the site through a friend.i had my interview on monday and was denied.the consular asked question concerning my WAEC results.he was asked over 10 definitions in Chemistry,Physics etc[irrespective of the fact that i graduated over 10yrs ago and that i also hold a B.sc Degree.i would like to know if there is a way i could protest the denial or write for a review.i also read from a member who was earlier denied but was later call back...how did he did it?pls...ur suggestions wud be welcomed

goodmorning House,
it is rather unfortunate that i am joining this great site today.i got to know about the site through a friend.i had my interview on monday and was denied.the consular asked question concerning my WAEC results.he was asked over 10 definitions in Chemistry,Physics etc[irrespective of the fact that i graduated over 10yrs ago and that i also hold a B.sc Degree.i would like to know if there is a way i could protest the denial or write for a review.i also read from a member who was earlier denied but was later call back...how did he did it?pls...ur suggestions wud be welcomed

How come you're required to remember the subject you learned 10 years a go?? This is amazing!

Not good news

goodmorning House,

Hi,

That wasn't good at all. It's insane to know that they ask people ridiculous questions spanning years in Nigeria/Africa as to other areas. At the same time we won't blame them 'cos our system is so much bastardised that they never trusted us both home and abroad.

My advice is to just let it go bcos if you check your 1st NL very well , it was categorically stated that the fact that you were selected doesn't mean you'll be issued a visa, so based on that i don't see any court you'll go that you'll be justified.

If i remember correctly, the guy that was called back after refusal did not do anything he was only called back probably after they found out they made a mistake refusing him.

So in order not to waste your time and valuable resources, i advice you not to file any case, it might worsen or jeopardise you future dealings with US. It is not the end of life and so far you're not bound from applying to go to US in future, you're very fine.

That's my advice, i refused to be crucified.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
photograph specifications

hi all,

I will appreciate if someone can give me the right specifications for the interview photograph. the second letter did not give any definite specification. in the first letter was two different photograph specifications.
thanks all.

Photo Specifications

hi all,

I will appreciate if someone can give me the right specifications for the interview photograph. the second letter did not give any definite specification. in the first letter was two different photograph specifications.
thanks all.

Guidelines
The photographs must be square measuring 2 inches x 2 inches (5 cm x 5 cm).

Head should be positioned directly facing the camera
Photographs should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
Background should be white or off-white
Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cause shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
Photo Assistance
Head Facing the Camera

To prevent geometric distortion and ensure an adequate depth of field, the camera should be placed at the subject’s eye level and approximately 4 ft (120 cm) from the subject.

By placing the subject on an adjustable height seat, the height of the camera tripod can be fixed.

A lens of about 105 mm focal length on a 35 mm film camera, or its equivalent on any other camera, should provide a sufficiently flat field of view.

Eyes

A slight downward tilt of the head will usually eliminate glare on eyeglasses. If this does not reduce the glare, try tilting the head slightly upward or rotating the glasses slightly upward or downward. The head should not be tilted by more than a few degrees to eliminate glare.

“Red Eye” conditions should be avoided. Red eye is caused by a direct reflection, through the pupil, from the retina of the eye when an on-camera flash is used, particularly for a subject who has adapted to a darkened environment. Red eye can be reduced by using an off-camera flash or by brightening the ambient lighting.

Background

A distracting background should be avoided. Use a plain wall or a photographer’s backdrop cloth as the background. The background color may be white or off-white.

Ideally, the background will be out of focus so that minor markings or texture on the background are not apparent in the photo.

Dear Old Forumites,
By the grace of God I will be in Arkansas by next week.

I will fly Delta airlines from Nigeria (LOS-ATL-ARK)

Will Atlanta be my POE?

But I will spend only 3 hours before leaving for Arkansas.

Pls could anyone intimate me with the proceedures at Atlanta airport?

What are mine to submit and what to collect from US immigration officers?
Thanks
Navigator

Yes, your POE will be Atlanta. It is so because that is where you will be processed the immigration. The time you spend there does not matter as far as that is your first point of entrance into the country.

On alighting from the plane you move with others to the immigration point. Stay on the line with those coming as visitors, etc. When you get to the immigration desk give your documents to the officer. He in turn will take you to the place where they process DV and other immigrants (it is different from others). It is there you will submit your passport and the sealed envelope. They will go through your documents, do other things they need to do and then stamp your passport. That stamp will be your temporary green card for one year, though you should get the real card fews weeks later. Be ready to be patient because, depending on the number of people to be processed, it could take a while. But don't worry if you miss your connecting flight to Arkansas. The immigration officers will ensure you are put on the next flight to your destination without paying extral.

As for the x-ray they will not ask you that. At least nobody asked me or any member of my family.

So, Navigator, hope I have been able to answer your question.

have a safe journey to the U.S.A.

Yes, your POE will be Atlanta. It is so because that is where you will be processed the immigration. The time you spend there does not matter as far as that is your first point of entrance into the country.

On alighting from the plane you move with others to the immigration point. Stay on the line with those coming as visitors, etc. When you get to the immigration desk give your documents to the officer. He in turn will take you to the place where they process DV and other immigrants (it is different from others). It is there you will submit your passport and the sealed envelope. They will go through your documents, do other things they need to do and then stamp your passport. That stamp will be your temporary green card for one year, though you should get the real card fews weeks later. Be ready to be patient because, depending on the number of people to be processed, it could take a while. But don't worry if you miss your connecting flight to Arkansas. The immigration officers will ensure you are put on the next flight to your destination without paying extral.

As for the x-ray they will not ask you that. At least nobody asked me or any member of my family.

So, Navigator, hope I have been able to answer your question.

have a safe journey to the U.S.A.

Helo Frola,
Thank u for ur detailed answers.
Could you check your private message box? For I dropped you a line.
Once again thank you.

photo for interview

Guidelines
The photographs must be square measuring 2 inches x 2 inches (5 cm x 5 cm).

Head should be positioned directly facing the camera
Photographs should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
Background should be white or off-white
Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cause shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
Photo Assistance
Head Facing the Camera

hi,

this appear to be the same specifications we submitted with the forms in first letter. check the paper titled looking ahead in the first letter and the page detailing the arrangement of documents in second letter , the given specifications appear to be different.

To prevent geometric distortion and ensure an adequate depth of field, the camera should be placed at the subject’s eye level and approximately 4 ft (120 cm) from the subject.

By placing the subject on an adjustable height seat, the height of the camera tripod can be fixed.

A lens of about 105 mm focal length on a 35 mm film camera, or its equivalent on any other camera, should provide a sufficiently flat field of view.

Eyes

A slight downward tilt of the head will usually eliminate glare on eyeglasses. If this does not reduce the glare, try tilting the head slightly upward or rotating the glasses slightly upward or downward. The head should not be tilted by more than a few degrees to eliminate glare.

“Red Eye” conditions should be avoided. Red eye is caused by a direct reflection, through the pupil, from the retina of the eye when an on-camera flash is used, particularly for a subject who has adapted to a darkened environment. Red eye can be reduced by using an off-camera flash or by brightening the ambient lighting.

Background

A distracting background should be avoided. Use a plain wall or a photographer’s backdrop cloth as the background. The background color may be white or off-white.

Ideally, the background will be out of focus so that minor markings or texture on the background are not apparent in the photo.

hi,
this specification appear to be the same as that for the passport photos that we submitted with the forms in the first letter. please check the paper tittled looking ahead in the first letter and the page in the second letter detailling arrangement of documents, these apppear to be different.

Thats it

hi,
this specification appear to be the same as that for the passport photos that we submitted with the forms in the first letter. please check the paper tittled looking ahead in the first letter and the page in the second letter detailling arrangement of documents, these apppear to be different.

My guy, thats it, i am very sure.

Hello Frola,
I am sorry i did not get the message.Pls can u re-send it if it is possible.Thank u very much for your usual help.