• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Hello every one, i entered the United states of America thru Delta Airline to Atlanta today. I just give God all the Glory. Men! America fine o! It is truly God's own country.

Wish all those expecting testimonies too.

Now my tesimony is comple and he that has started a good work in my life as perfected it.!

Hello every one, i entered the United states of America thru Delta Airline to Atlanta today. I just give God all the Glory. Men! America fine o! It is truly God's own country.

Wish all those expecting testimonies too.

Now my tesimony is comple and he that has started a good work in my life as perfected it.!

Seekarim,

It's good to hear that you had a safe journey; we have to thank GOD for journey mercy.
Check your private message box, I've sent you a message.

affidafit support

hi all,

need your advice with respect to my sponsors profile.
I received the affidavit of support this week, but I am a bit worried about what it contains.
my sponsor income is about $37,000 annually salary plus $5000 salary differential. he owned about $500,000 worth home, but with about $460,000 of mortgage encumberance. the family is 4 in number and we are three. the wife also work, thus he indicated that she was partially dependent on him.
he also had sponsored a family 2 years ago.
also he did not fill the income directly on the affidavit form, however the leter from the employer detailed the income.
now with his family we are seven, not sure wether his own income is enough for seven people according to the poverty guildeline. not also sure what the implication of omitting his income in affidavit can be, although the employer letter detailled that. Also do not understand what the $5000 salary differential mean. Even though the wife works ,nothing in the affidavit refered to that , athough they the tax return was filled together as indicated by the tax return form he sent.
please guys I have posted this 3 days earlier but no response ,please advice me

hi all,

I received the affidavit of support this week, but I am a bit worried about what it contains.
my sponsor income is about $37,000 annually salary plus $5000 salary differential. he owned about $500,000 worth home, but with about $460,000 of mortgage encumberance. the family is 4 in number and we are three. the wife also work, thus he indicated that she was partially dependent on him.
also he did not fill the income directly on the affidavit form, however the leter from the employer detailed the income.
now with his family we are seven, not sure wether his own income is enough for seven people according to the poverty guildeline. not also sure what the implication of omitting his income in affidavit can be, although the employer letter detailled that. Also do not understand what the $5000 salary differential mean. Even though the wife works ,nothing in the affidavit refered to that , athough they the tax return was filled together as indicated by the tax return form he sent.
My advice is that you go to the interview with the AOS as it is; if it is not enough they will ask you to get another one and you have till 30th Set.2009.But my prayer for you and your family is to receive the same favour we received during our interview. We went with AOS but they did not ask for it. We are a family of seven. GOD WILL DO IT FOR YOU:D

Don't worry too much.

hi all,

Don't worry too much ,just go for ur interview,it's still early they may not even ask u for it,u only give them the Doc. they ask from u,ok
Success Wishes.

Sorry

Don't worry too much ,just go for ur interview,it's still early they may not even ask u for it,u only give them the Doc. they ask from u,ok
Success Wishes.

Hi guys,

I am not been negative here but i am sorry to say that i disagree with the advice you and favour1 just gave Samko.

In everything it is always good to design or prepare for the worst case scenario and if it comes short of it then you'll know you're fine. The fact that you guys were not asked doesn't mean that others won't be asked. We've seen people on this forum that were also asked for the AOS and if seen to be inappropriate or not OK they might ask him to get another or refuse the visa (nobody wishes) depending on the interviewer.

My advice is if you can get it sorted, do now, 'cos people that are telling you to go just like that will only tell you sorry if it comes out the other way (i don't wish for anybody).

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all,

90% of the things we worry about as human beings never come to pass.I will advise you go for your interview as scheduled with the AOS.There's a chance they wouldn't spend time making detailed analysis on the AOS documents.If everything else goes well, the worst they may ask you to do is to send you back to find another Evidence of support.

Back up plan:
if you have a reasonable financial support of your own such as a house,a business,personal bank statement with substantial verifiable balance, you can also take it along with you and show it to them if they feel the AOS document is not enough. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I agree

90% of the things we worry about as human beings never come to pass.I will advise you go for your interview as scheduled with the AOS.There's a chance they wouldn't spend time making detailed analysis on the AOS documents.If everything else goes well, the worst they may ask you to do is to send you back to find another Evidence of support.

Back up plan:
if you have a reasonable financial support of your own such as a house,a business,personal bank statement with substantial verifiable balance, you can also take it along with you and show it to them if they feel the AOS document is not enough. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hi, i agree with you on the 90% thing but you'll never rule out the fact that 10% can cause an havoc one will regret for one's life time. Do you agree with me?.

Our luck in life is not same, so i always try to prepare for worst condition in every thing i do, and it's saved me a lot.

I quite agree with the back up plan you proposed, very nice.

Hi guys,

I am not been negative here but i am sorry to say that i disagree with the advice you and favour1 just gave Samko.

In everything it is always good to design or prepare for the worst case scenario and if it comes short of it then you'll know you're fine. The fact that you guys were not asked doesn't mean that others won't be asked. We've seen people on this forum that were also asked for the AOS and if seen to be inappropriate or not OK they might ask him to get another or refuse the visa (nobody wishes) depending on the interviewer.

My advice is if you can get it sorted, do now, 'cos people that are telling you to go just like that will only tell you sorry if it comes out the other way (i don't wish for anybody).
I dont think you understood my advice:confused:Please l encourage you to read and digest a post b4 you comment on it:)
Good Luck.
I dont think you understood my advice:confused:Please l encourage you to read and digest a post b4 you comment on it:)

help

what if a mistake was made in the DOB on the form ds-230 and it was noticed and a new form ds-230 was filled with the correct DOB and sent to KCC.Do u think this will affect the interview in any way? Please respond.

Thanks

what if a mistake was made in the DOB on the form ds-230 and it was noticed and a new form ds-230 was filled with the correct DOB and sent to KCC.Do u think this will affect the interview in any way? Please respond.

Thanks

Did KCC acknowledged your second ds-230 after you sent it? If they did there is no problem, cos they will tell you that it has been add to your file.

Pls could you put your signature.

DV 2009 forumites should please put their SIGNATURE always to enable contributors in the forum to know their status.
Thanks

yes

Did KCC acknowledged your second ds-230 after you sent it? If they did there is no problem, cos they will tell you that it has been add to your file.

Pls could you put your signature.

DV 2009 forumites should please put their SIGNATURE always to enable contributors in the forum to know their status.
Thanks

Yes..i called KCC and i was told they have reived the new form ds-230.

thanks, more advice needed

hi all,

thanks for all your advice on affidavit of support. I have asked the wife to fill also an affidavit for us. Beside we have evidence of our personal resources in cash, stocks and land.
the other clarification relates to NPC birth certificate. My wife is the selectee. I am not sure which name should be used on the NPC certificate.
should we used her maiden name or the married name
? please keep in mind that the date the certificate was issued will be indicated.
please i need your advice urgently

Arrival

We bless God that we arrive Dallas TX safely early hour of today. Please do we need to apply again for SSN after our initial application from DS-230? our POE was Atlanta & nothing was said about it.

hi all,

thanks for all your advice on affidavit of support. I have asked the wife to fill also an affidavit for us. Beside we have evidence of our personal resources in cash, stocks and land.
the other clarification relates to NPC birth certificate. My wife is the selectee. I am not sure which name should be used on the NPC certificate.
should we used her maiden name or the married name
? please keep in mind that the date the certificate was issued will be indicated.
please i need your advice urgently

The NPC should be her married name (my wife did same)

Friends, happy 48th Independent Day. May the good Lord bless our dear country, Nigeria. Amen. The forum has been quiet for some time. Where is everybody? Lets keep the house alive. Wishing everyone all the very best.

Frola,

Please do u apply for SSN through their office or was it sent to u based on initial form?

Frola,

Please do u apply for SSN through their office or was it sent to u based on initial form?

My Brother, Shafun, you are welcome to the United States of America. Thank God for the journey mercies.

To answer your question I will say that there is nothing bad in going to their office. What I did, when after 2 weeks of arrival our SSN did not come, was to go to the Social security Service office in the town we live to formally apply. A week after that our Social Security Numbers arrived. I will however advice you to wait for sometime before going to their office so that all your informations can be in the system. They will need to access them online before they can approve your application.

It is also possible that you might get your SSN at home even within that 2 weeks without going to their office first.

Hope I answered your question?

Hello

Frola,

Hello, let me welcome u too to America. As u can see i just arrived Atlanta on 5th, october. Permit me to respond to your question.

The next day i arrived i went to social security office and they already have all my information online, so i was given a receipt for applying and i was told it will be mail to me within 8 days but am hoping it will get to my house b4 8 days because i live not too far from their office. My brother received his SSN in 4days. So what am saying is that you should go to their office so that u can receive it early.

Sorry for intruding.

Best of kuck.

NPC birth certificate

hi all,

thanks for previous advice. stiil need your advice however
My wife is the selectee. should we obtain the NPC birth certificate in her Maiden name or the married name ( my surname)? please I need your advice urgently as we delay getting the NPC certificate untill we are sure of the right name to use.

hi all,

thanks for previous advice. stiil need your advice however
My wife is the selectee. should we obtain the NPC birth certificate in her Maiden name or the married name ( my surname)? please I need your advice urgently as we delay getting the NPC certificate untill we are sure of the right name to use.

Well in my Opinion, the name on the NPC certificate should be same as the name on her Birth certifcate and same with the name she used to win the DV, I might be right or wring, but logically thats the best option, except if you were married before she won the DV, and even with dat she had a birth certificate b4 u guys got married.

Infact Birth certificate should carry her Fathers name (Surname) abi na u born ur wife? :eek::D:(

:):):)