• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Dear All,

Congratulations and I wish you all the best.
I'm new for this forum and I found it to be very informative. I'm one of the DV 2009 winners and I'm from Ethiopia.

1/What is the chance of getting GC with this CN? Any idea?
2/On the US state department site, I notices that the cut off numbers for Ethiopia and Nigeria is posted separately. Why is that / What does that mean?
3/Once you filled and sent the forms received first, and untill you receive the second letter, what should one do as part of the preparation?

I thank you very much and wish u all the best

God Bless

Replied on - 16 May 08
DHL notified delivery of mail to KCC on 22 May 08

if u are nigerian, it would take a miracle

sorry are saying a Nigerian with CN2009AFxxx>13000 does not stand a chance?

What he is saying is that the larger your number, the lower your chances of getting a visa. e.g take 2008 the numbers that have become current for nigerians in july 14,650. So if your number is 23,000 when will it be called, knowing fully well that september 30th is the deadline for all DV winners? 13000, though a high number, is relatively safe, as you can see from this year their number became current in june. But as the number gets higher, hope becomes dimmer. But with God all things are possible:D

hello House. Please I Want To Find Out If There Are Restrictions To Food Items That One Takes Into The Us. Am I Allowed To Take Blended Crayfish, Dryfish Stockfish And Fresh Veg. Like Ora And Ugu. Honestly I Still Need A Feel Of Home Before I Adjust To Oyibo Food.

If Your Problem Is Nigerian Food,then You Are Ok.just Carry As Many Eba,akpu,okro,moi-moi Amala,etc As You Can.by The Time You Arrive Usa And When You Are Faced With The Stress To Get Your Ssn,i.d,and Rat Race To Settle Down Xpecially The First Two Months Of Your Stay When You Will Fill Like Going Back Home And Say The Word If I Had Known,i Wouldnt Have------.,then You Will Know How Far.
Generally,and Honestly, America Is Rough For Beginners,but When You Start To Hammer The Dollars,you Will Begin To Smile.
Case Number 2008af000022xx,los Angeles Cali4nia

oga Adebayo, Good To Hear That You Are Doing Well. But You Need To Do Some More. I Checked Your Profile And The Last Time You Posted Was December 31, 2007.
You Need To Fill-in The Blanks For The Past 5 Months. If America Is Sweet; You Must Tell Us How To Go About It. Not Everybody Has It Sweet And Every Insight You Give Will Be Helpful.
More Details Please. By The Way, Iyawo Nko?
God Bless You.

America Sweeeeeeeeeeeet,nor Be Lie.but If You Taste The Pepper,then You Go Allow ,,,who Sent Me.beginning Is Bitter,and It Will Take Couple Of Months And Years To Taste The Sweetness.believe Me.,i,m Talking From Xperience,but It,s Better Than Situation In Niger

He has brought you this far

Hello everybody in the house,
it's quiet a while, abeg make una no vex, na America o, work, study, and runs. Anyway, i'm surfing thru net today and i just suddenly remembered my people.
How is it going? I could really see the spirit flowing in the thread so far. I just want to use this medium to encourage some of you that have high case number to keep faith alive, there's nothing God cannot do, and for those that are current and about to be current, well, just remember that God cannot bring you this far to leave you alone, it's too late. For as many many that are still struggling with finances on how to go about the whole stuff, don't worry, just be still and know that God is still God, He will surprise you.
And i hope you guys are praying for us here, for Obama and for some of Obama that are coming from Nigeria.
I missed you guys and i look forward to see you guys here in US of A.
Pr. Adebayo, where you dey now? i talk say make u send me your mobile make we talk now, i dey Dallas and i guess you are in Texas too, you can send me a a private mail. Anyway, things are getting better.

Thank you Johnkent,

Yes you're right, I think the chance is very low for a Nigerian with this CN. Actually I'm from Ethiopia. What about my other questions? Anyone with an idea?

I thank you very much and wish u all the best

God Bless

Replied on - 16 May 08
DHL notified delivery of mail to KCC on 22 May 08

My people in the house please praise God with me o...............................
I had my interview today at the embassy and it was successfull.

My Interview experience

I got to the embassy at about 6:45am, entered the US embassy at about 7:30, paid the sum of $775 and my number was DV6, submitted all my documents and I was told to sit down and listen very carefully for my number when they call it. At about 09:30 I was called up to window 12, I was attended to by a man.

Officer: You swear to say the truth and nothing but the truth
Me: YES
Officer: If you tell me lies you will not be granted this visa
Officer: All your documents are correct please sign
Me: Signed
Officer: what is your name?
Me:........
Officer: Your place of birth?
Me:Ojota, Lagos
Officer: Why did you sit for 2 WAECS?
Me:..........
Officer: What are you doing presently?
Me: I'm a student of Unilag
Officer: what are you studying?
Me: Sociology
Officer: What Level?
Me: 200 level 2nd semester
Officer: Name the courses and course codes you did this semester
Me:..............
Officer: which is your best course?
Me: SOC213 Social Change I
Officer: Tell me something about the course
Me: Social Change is simply a modification in the society. new innovations are introduced into the system therby making life easy for the inhabitants. e.g BRT Buses.
Officer: Name some Philosophers you came accross in the course of study.
Me: August Compte, Kark Marx, Emille Durkeham.....
Officer: OK Please excuse me one second
Officer: you are welcome into the United states of America and gave me the blue form containing the date to pick up the interview.

I spent just about 8 minutes with the officer, I doubt if it was even up to 8 minutes

Thanks everyone for your contributions to the house, the Lord who had done this for me will surly do it for those of us who are still expecting to go for interview.

One advice
Be Calm and Calculative, If they ask you a question think before you answer.

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2008 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 47,000 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

D. MEXICO F2A VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

The demand for numbers under the F2A exempt from per-country category limit remains very heavy. It is anticipated that the annual limit will be reached by the end of June, and as a result the category will become “unavailable” for July. This will only affect the processing of applicants in the Mexico F2A category which will be “unavailable” through the end of the fiscal year. The Mexico F2A cut-off date will return to 01MAY02 in October, the first month of the new fiscal year.

E. EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

There have been questions raised regarding the way numbers have been provided to the China and India in the Employment Second preference categories beginning in April. Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that if total demand for visas in an Employment preference category is insufficient to use all available visa numbers in that category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual per-country limit. (For example: If the second preference annual limit were 40,000, number use by “All Other Countries” were estimated to be only 25,000, and the China/India combined number use based on their per-country limits were 6,000, then there would be 9,000 numbers unused. Those 9,000 numbers could then be made available to China and India applicants without regard to their per-country limits.)

Based on the informaiton available, it was been determined that the demand from “All Other Countries” for Second preference numbers, plus the amount of numbers available under China and India Second preference per-country limit, would be insufficient to utilize all available numbers under the annual

Praise God am finally current.
God is great.

Please praise GOd on my behalf.
when the Lord turned the captivity of zion we were like dem that dreamet dream

hallelujah

My people in the house please praise God with me o...............................
I had my interview today at the embassy and it was successfull.

My Interview experience

I got to the embassy at about 6:45am, entered the US embassy at about 7:30, paid the sum of $775 and my number was DV6, submitted all my documents and I was told to sit down and listen very carefully for my number when they call it. At about 09:30 I was called up to window 12, I was attended to by a man.

Officer: You swear to say the truth and nothing but the truth
Officer: If you tell me lies you will not be granted this visa
Officer: All your documents are correct please sign
Me: Signed
Officer: what is your name?
Me:........
Officer: Your place of birth?
Me:Ojota, Lagos
Officer: Why did you sit for 2 WAECS?
Me:..........
Officer: What are you doing presently?
Me: I'm a student of Unilag
Officer: what are you studying?
Me: Sociology
Officer: What Level?
Me: 200 level 2nd semester
Officer: Name the courses and course codes you did this semester
Me:..............
Officer: which is your best course?
Me: SOC213 Social Change I
Officer: Tell me something about the course
Me: Social Change is simply a modification in the society. new innovations are introduced into the system therby making life easy for the inhabitants. e.g BRT Buses.
Officer: Name some Philosophers you came accross in the course of study.
Me: August Compte, Kark Marx, Emille Durkeham.....
Officer: OK Please excuse me one second
Officer: you are welcome into the United states of America and gave me the blue form containing the date to pick up the interview.

I spent just about 8 minutes with the officer, I doubt if it was even up to 8 minutes

Thanks everyone for your contributions to the house, the Lord who had done this for me will surly do it for those of us who are still expecting to go for interview.

One advice
Be Calm and Calculative, If they ask you a question think before you answer.
Congrats and thanks for your advice:)

The Higher Case Numbers

Can our older forumites help answer this mind-buldging question; Was there any year that Dv winners with HIGHER CN were not current b/4 the period? I mean before Sept 30th of any year?
I will appreciate pls.

Hey guyz, dose any one know the reason why people who are doing Cp they are usually asked about what the learnt in school during their interviews? Is this the same thing for AOS? If no, dose any one care to speculate as to the descrepancy?

Check out this web site: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1466.html. look under archived bulletins and look at september for the past few years and you will see that for most especially Africa, some people are usually left hanging. I do not want to be known on this forum as the messenger of doom, so look at that website and draw your own conclusions.

From the Archive Bulletins it appears 2005 was the only year that AF wasn't current in sept but it wasn't only Africa. No region apart from the OC was current that year. My conviction is that Africa will be current come the next bulletin.

THOUGH those other years say current why dose it still have the exceptions. You know how they, call a number and then the say except Nigeria, Ethiopia and Egypt. Well though in Sept 07 and 06, all numbers were current, these African countries were still listed as exceptions and usually this means to be current, your number has to be below the numbers listed. So What those this all mean? If all numbers are current why still list these three countries separately? PLus I still believe that they should hold out hope, I am just very realistic and pessimistic.

Contrat to everyone who had successful interviews. Am glad am also current for August.
I know JESUNIFINISHER is the most happiest, from my@ i want to wish u a successful interview ahead, because i know you ve being worried for months if your number will ever be current. Thank God it has finally happened.

Hey guyz I signed up for the USCIS online updates, this lets you know when you file has been Last updated (LUD) and sends you an email confirmation when you status changes. Are LUDs good things? I have read through the forum but the info I found are from 2007 and below, any 2008 person using this service? I have had three consecutive LUD's but i am wary of getting over excited any tots??????????:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: