• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Thanks once agian everybody in the house for all your contributions.
I've picked up my visa yesterday from the embassy.
God who has done it for my will surely do it for those of you who are still expecting to be interviewed, we that scaled through will put you all in our prayers.
Shalooooooooooooooooooom........

Visa pick up day experience

Can you give us a debrief of how it all went?

Well if you check on page 91 you will see my interview experience at the embassy but if you want me to tell you how it went on the visa pick up day I'll be glad to do so.

My pick up appointment was for 2pm on the 17th of June 2008, I arrived at the embassy at 1pm just to make sure I am not late. I was asked to stand in the queue.

But mind you when you get there on your pick up day by the grace of God don't just ask one security man a question ask about 2 or 3 of them to be sure of what to do bcos some of them don't know what to tell you and they are rude.

At about 1:50pm we were asked to go inside and wait. it will take a little longer than expected because they would want to take care of all applicants who came for thier interviews. when they are through with them, somebody will address through a microphone from one of the windows asking you to submite your blue forms containing the pick up date and tell you the things you need to do.
After that they wiil go inside with the froms and come out after a short while with your passports already stamped and a package. and then they will start calling names. once they call your name you will go over to the window and your passport and package will be handed over to you. once you are giving cross check everything and make sure that there are no mistakes before you leave the embassy.

If u are current,U cant>

i have a bit of a challenge here it goes:

i checked a copy of my DS230 that was submitted and noted that on the question "19" i wrongly stated the date of birth of my son as 2005 instead of 2006. While on his own DS230 the right date of 2006 was stated

what do i do!
1. Alert KCC immediately
2.Fill a new DSS 230 and mail to them

Am sure something can be done this was a slip on my part

If ur interview has already been scheduled,u can't change anything agn ,just remain prayerful & be focused they don't see everything or u mention it to the consular on the day of ur interview,ok,i hope no probs. come out of that.

Urgent

Congratulations to those that have had a successful interview and those that are current may the good lord keep giving us victory.

Please house i have this question to ask.

i have 3 waec sittings. the one i took when i finish my secondary school was not good at all so i don't have the certificate and can't even remember my Reg numbers.
but the latter 2 are ok and there are the ones i make use of. and i have the certificate.

does the embassy need to see the first waec result to prove that i completed my secondary school in the school name i listed in the form.

or don't it matter since i have other Waec certificate which i use for my higher education program.

Please any experience?????????.

This is it!

i have 3 waec sittings. the one i took when i finish my secondary school was not good at all so i don't have the certificate and can't even remember my Reg numbers.
but the latter 2 are ok and there are the ones i make use of. and i have the certificate.

does the embassy need to see the first waec result to prove that i completed my secondary school in the school name i listed in the form.

or don't it matter since i have other Waec certificate which i use for my higher education program.

Please any experience?????????.[/QUOTE]

U need to get the School Leaving Testimonial of your school no matter how bad your results are & u now present the other 2 that are good,to show u actually complted a Basic 12 as it's been used now.u need Testimonial.

Connection

I'm from Liberia. We have case nember in that range.Iwill appreciate we share advices and opinion to the successes of our interview.

Do you have knowledge when we are number will be current?

Favour 1

I'm from Liberia. We have case nember in that range.Iwill appreciate we share advices and opinion to the successes of our interview.

Do you have knowledge when our cases number ( 40,000) will be current?

Keep the hope favour 1

Do you have knowledge when our cases number ( 40,000) will be current?

Keep the hope favour 1
I strongly believe we will be current by next bulletin. Just get your ducs ready:)

Irregularity in signature

A big shout out to the house. I have a question with irregularity of signature. The signature signed on the Passport differs from the DS forms filled and sent to KCC. I need your advices and contributions.

For those who have gone for interview Congrats. We shall all glorify his name.

Best Regards

take the 3 result there

Congratulations to those that have had a successful interview and those that are current may the good lord keep giving us victory.

Please any experience?????????.

Guy,my first sittings too was not good but because of the testimonial i took it along and they never even talked about it,the inviwer just looked for the onces that re good and talk on them,the fact that you took the same examination 3times MAYLIKELY prove to them that you are doing your best in examinations and u can go to any length to aquire it, not how manytimes you fall that matters....,my personal view

my brothers and sisters that have entered America,please let me know the procedure at the point of Entry,the X-ray,Package that was given with the visa at the embassy what happens to them and what form do we have to fill and what should be fillied in the form?
Oluwawithuall.

getshorty,
i will like to as so questions....did u go with ur personal bank statements?or u got a sponsor from the States?if so,where u asked to present it b4 or during the interview?

No we didnt go with our bank statement we only took along our sponsors Affidavit of support but it was never asked from us during the interview but that those not mean u shouldnt hold yours along when going.Success

my brothers and sisters that have entered America,please let me know the procedure at the point of Entry,the X-ray,Package that was given with the visa at the embassy what happens to them and what form do we have to fill and what should be fillied in the form?
Oluwawithuall.

It all depends on the airport you are using as your point of entry,hold your xray envelope along in your hand luggage.so when you get to the USA try and join the visitors line while on the queue request the attention of an agent around and do tell them you are a new immigrant i think then they will tell the right place to go. And then on always question around the airport and from officials.Goodluck and safe trip

Congratulations to buchityno, getshorty and others that had successful interviews.
You can all now heave a big relief after the long year of suspense and uncertainty.
No more worries about difference in place of birth or missing names in the documents etc.
Good luck as you move over to the US to continue your lives.

Where are them

Good morning Every one.

Please where is Modest? is every thing alright with you?.

Where is Joy?.. No one hear from you again. are you fine?

How you dey?

I strongly believe we will be current by next bulletin. Just get your ducs ready:)

Hello Favour1 how is your day?. I called Kamorass and asked them to shift my appointment like you suggested. and the young lady told me that am free to come on any date of my choice provided an appointment has been scheduled.
thanks for the brave suggestion.
am praying with you that you become current by the next bulletin.

Hello House, please could someone give his opinion on choosing to settle down in any of these States in America; New Jersey, Maryland and Tennessee, as our departure date is approaching.